Problem Loading Game on Game Client Due to Unstable Internet Connection

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by yessibella, Sep 26, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yessibella

yessibella Forum Greenhorn

Hey there, I started playing this game today on the game client. The first time I started it up, it took a few tries but the window eventually opened and I was able to play. However, when I went to logout and restart the game client, it would not load no matter how many times I tried. My internet connection is relatively fast, around 55 MB/sec download speed and 30 MB/sec upload speed, but has frequent second-long blips in the connection. So when I try to Preload the game from the client after logging in, it loads for a while then gives me the following message: "
    Your connection to the server is either slow or unstable. To improve your gaming experience, we recommend that you download the game in its entirety." Which I believe I did, unless there is a second download link. Is there a way to fix and/or override this message? If not, is there something you guys could do about it?

Also, how do you play directly from the browser? It may not be a good idea for a shaky internet connection like mine, but I might as well ask. I'm on chrome, if that helps.

Thanks,

- Yessibella

2. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello @yessibella
    Welcome to DSO forum.

ThinClient might be experiencing some troubles at the moment.
    Try to play the game through browser. For playing on browser you need to do following:
    • Download Java Plugin for browser (download 32bit version, if your browser is 64bit download 64bit version)
    • Close the browser and install the plugin
    • Open the browser and open Drakensang Online home page
    • Since you already have created account, enter username and password in "Existing Users" section and hit "play now" on next screen
    • Then Java pop-up window will ask you something like "do you want to run this application", you can chose "always run"
    • Play the game
    It is not too difficult as it seems, it takes more time to assemble this message than going through above steps. :)
    Let me know if you are able to start the game.

Enjoy the game

3. yessibella

yessibella Forum Greenhorn

Alright, thank you. I'll go through these steps and do my best to see if I can get it working. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.