Suggestion Put the game content & settings out of the TEMP folder

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by ManaThief, Jan 2, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Agreed?

1. I agree

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. I disagree

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

Hi,

I would like to suggest placing the game content including users' settings outside of the temp folder, ideally in a folder with the game installation. Also, users' settings should be put separately. Every update, the necessary folders would be automatically cleared (just like now), but not the settings.

It is a bad practice to put such files into the temp, as this folder may be cleared quite often and the data are lost unreasonably, especially when using decent antivirus or cleaner.

Also, I would suggest putting some "Clear downloaded content" and "Clear settings" buttons into the client, so it does not have to be done manually.

2. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Yes, please. I know it's probably a relic of the days when this was a browser game, but it is seriously annoying that a wee bit of computer maintenance and then I have to go and redo all my keybinds once more.

3. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

What percentage of Dracania is in the TEMP directory?

4. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

Technically, all of it, the installation directory contains only client and libraries, but the content is downloaded in runtime - into temp.