Suggestion pvp arina

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by dawmjr, Dec 25, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawmjr

dawmjr Junior Expert

if doing pvp, you get stuck in empty room, get rid of threaten to kick inactivity, or give me some thing to do, if get kicked is what 15 minut bann fix this. if stuk empty room, please

MikeyMetro and cdeepal like this.
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You know that you can run around the empty room, right? Also, if you are kicked out for inactivity because the other player doesn't show up, you don't get the 15 min ban. Personally, I just run around the room since leaving and coming back doesn't make it any faster. You are still waiting on the system to find you a match.

3. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

You are right. This is a silly feature in game and it should be corrected. Why would anyone get a 15 minute ban if there is no opponent?

I agree that exiting from an empty room could be considered a quit and impose a ban on that. However, the inactivity timer ban should not be imposed when there is no opponent.

4. Zoltan

Zoltan Junior Expert

Far from an expert but from what I have seen I agree with Baragain. If opponent does not turn up then it ends up a draw. If warning comes up that you are inactive while waiting, simply move and message goes away. You do not get 15 min ban.
    My greater annoyance is when my game crashes when in arena and I get ban as if I left fight early. However I do understand that the game cannot tell difference between leaving arena by choice or by crash

5. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

It should not be necessary to move if the game was coded correctly. That is the point OP is trying to make. I am pretty sure he knows that the moving cancels the inactivity timer.

6. Zoltan

Zoltan Junior Expert

Point taken and agree with comment. Not sure why someone would register for battle and not enter but that is different matter altogether. Will keep inexperienced mouth closed in future :)

7. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

There are a couple of reasons for this. @dawmjr is a fellow Teganite. There are only a few block times, totaling at most six hours a day (usually less), when 1v1 is very active here. It is quite common for players to wander off to do something else while waiting for a match to start. Then when a match does start that something else has become more important than joining the match.

Another reason is that here on the ghost server the queue indicator gives you a clue when you are headed for an unbalanced mismatch. Some players don't want to join those.

Anyway I agree that the inactivity timer should be disabled in the waiting room. It's not a big deal... just annoying.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

8. dawmjr

dawmjr Junior Expert

thanks all, yes i know when warning i need move, i do im just saying if stuck here, should be no warning, and yess when not move, you get banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.