PvP balance? What a joke

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Hellamyjamgirl, Feb 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellamyjamgirl

Hellamyjamgirl Junior Expert

I don't see how it's fair that players in lvl 35-39 can come up against lvl 40+ players. I mean that's not balanced at all. Lvl 40+ players have access to MUCH better equipment, quests, farm etc. They should be in another league. Today a lvl 41 mage with sargon set killed EVERYONE with 1-2 fireballs. And we couldn't do anything.

So I just want to know why you aren't doing anything about this? It's not fun playing pvp in lvl 35-39, it's like you are forced to lvl up even though you don't want to..

2. babu_o_babu

babu_o_babu Advanced

You just answered your question in the question. So what are you waiting for....

Brian1919 likes this.
  3. joe6699

joe6699 Junior Expert

That balancing is the right payback for those whom like to sandbagging in PVP arena...

-HARRA81- likes this.
  4. yamahamm

yamahamm Advanced

Pvp (not only 38-39, but also other levels) is really unbalanced and we all can see that.

I really hate being with centurions legionairs (im AKOTO) and enemy team consists of SKOTO, AKOTO and if there is 4v5, my team always gets centurion, other team gets Field marshalls :D

maybe im very unlucky, but sometimes it is really annoying

cottoncandy likes this.
  5. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

I thought this only happens to me xD Every time I have 4 players in my team, we get centurion or something, but other team always gets marshals/field marshal and most of the time tanks xDD unlucky!! :D

cottoncandy likes this.
  6. GrendelSlice

GrendelSlice Forum Greenhorn

Just an idea, but maybe forget about character levels and focus more on PVP levels in the arena? A level 28 KOTO ranger can own my level 32 Novice Cent DK kinda easily. Perhaps change the matching system a bit so that u only get guys maybe 1 or 2 PVP levels higher or lower than u and not 4 or 5 levels? It would be fair if I was matched up with a Centurian or even a seasoned Centurian...At least theres a chance to win.. Please admins change the PVP setup or am gonna switch to just levelling

7. yzm5508512

yzm5508512 Someday Author

lvl32 novice centurion VS lvl45 novice centurion would make u sick:p

8. GrendelSlice

Well what i meant was keep the +5, -5 level rule, but PVP level should be not more than +2 or -2... duh

9. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

@GrendelSlice , I am confused because you seem to be asking two different things. If they match rank by rank, the +/-5 rule will have to be relaxed. You realise there is a serious problem with twinking in the game. Until twinking can be effectively conquered, players will always be faced with unfair ranks. Either which way, the devs loose as far as players are concerned.

-HARRA81- likes this.
  10. kama5utra

kama5utra Someday Author

[​IMG] Just as an example of outstanding pvp balance here a screenshot:

and as you can see they ARE slightly favored xD

11. GrendelSlice

Am not sure what u mean by twinking... all am asking is, to leave the 5+, -5 (or even +3, -3 just a suggestion) character level rule intact but PVP levels should not be more than +2 or -2.. its not rocket science mate, any idiot can see PVP is broken

12. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

@GrendelSlice , we all know it is broken. Twinking is where players deliberately keep their toons low and op in pvp, so you can have level 5 Ardent KOTO. Your original request asked for one thing, but you then is seemingly asking for another. That is where the confusion is. As is players are complaining about the long wait, what you are proposing means that a number of legitimate players who have difficulty getting matches in the first instance because of their high kill rate will never get a match.

-HARRA81- likes this.
  13. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'll jump in here and share the things I always say when this topic comes up.

Here is my approach... it would be hilarious and great. I described it on the other forums, but I'll replicate it here.
    Loosen the level restrictions for match making at higher fame levels, But simultaneously tighten the restrictions for fighting people near your fame bracket.

Only let people fight when they are within +/- 3 (maybe 4) fame levels. Remove the upper part of this restriction for anything Flag Bearer or above as they should already have maxed out their fame tree.

Then within those bounds, let you fight people within...
    3 XP Levels for Ardent Recruit and lower
    5 XP levels if you are a Legionnaire to Ardent Legionnaire
    7 XP levels if you are Novice Centurion to Ardent Centurion
    9 XP levels higher or lower if you are Novice Knight of the Order to Seasoned Knight of the Order
    10 XP levels for anything higher.
    This would force these Level 35 Flag Bearers to level if they want to stop getting the tar kicked out of them by level 45 Marshalls and Field Marshalls while meanwhile giving Legionnaires like myself a chance to PVP and slowly move up in to those higher brackets. The other side effect is that twinks with LVL 10 KotOs would have almost no one to fight (except maybe a LVL 19 KotO :p) so the only way they could PVP again would be if they left the arena and explored the world of PVE.

The only big issue I see with this is groups. What happens when you have a flag bearer grouped with a recruit and a candidate? The fame is so mismatched that it would be near impossible to find a TDM battle for that team. You could impose the same limitations. For example, groups interested in PvPing together must be all within +/- 3 (maybe 4 for groups) fame levels otherwise the registration option would be grayed out if they are outside the appropriate level range.

Furthermore, you know in PvE that if you are more than 5 levels different from your opponent, you don't get XP. Even if you are within the 5 levels, it scales based on the difference in level? Well, how about we scale how much Fame you get based on the difference in fame level for two opponents. For example, I am an Ardent Legionairs. I have a roughly 40/60 win rate when going against centurians up to NKotOs (And a 99/1 win rate for going up against Ardent Legionairs and lower). I should get more fame when I beat those "Harder" oponents, and they should get less fame when they beat me, the "Easier" Oponent. Implement that first, and the LVL 40+ PVPers will be begging the developers to tighten the match making guidelines so that they can keep their huge lead over the average player on the daily and weekly leader boards.

If this looks familiar, its because it should be. This is the stuff I always say when people bring up how broken DSO's PvP Matchmaking is. The ideas I have here have been carefully thought out over months and I am confident that they could solve a vast number of the issues seen in PvP. The only thing is that it will likely upset the career PvPers some because they would not just be able to kill cannon fodder for fame and would actually have to work to keep their place on the leader boards. Also, if these changes were implemented, it would take time for the people who avoid PvP because it is pointless to eventually try see the improvements. They have spent so long avoiding it because of how stupid it is that it will take time to change their minds.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    cottoncandy, -HARRA81- and Superme like this.
  14. jmie888

jmie888 Forum Apprentice

Lv30 Legionnaire VS Lv35 Knight of the order.. is this a fair thing?

i cant even win with Seasoned Legionnaire, then they will pair my Character with knight of the order.. hahaha what a good developers..

they should not be use +/-5 because that is too high in strength differences. hmp

15. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

You get xp points from PVP once you have not maxed out. +/-5 is the bench mark for getting xp.

16. Bebachana

Bebachana Forum Apprentice

Yes PVP is unbalanced but why you blame dev. the problem is on your side. The problem is------ You have bad weapons and armors and HP. May be you should farm more for better gears and buy gems.
    I can assure you this from my own experience, I am knight of of order and I have met many legionnaire and centurions in battle who can kill me very easy because I don't have as good gears and gems as they seem to have because I hate farming :D

cottoncandy likes this.
  17. darknightbleeds

darknightbleeds Forum Apprentice

Kama5utra what server is that on I usually never get a 6v6 on Tegan.:(

18. kama5utra

kama5utra Someday Author

That would be on Heredur

19. MiSi1234

MiSi1234 Someday Author

[​IMG]

20. Superme

Superme Forum Pro

@MiSi1234 That is a known issue that has been reported. It is a pain, when it seems that you have a full group and are actually playing with less. It started occurring since patch 117.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.