Pvp Gear and balance proposal

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by menestrelul, Dec 19, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. menestrelul

menestrelul Someday Author

http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/PvP_Gear_and_balance_proposal

The idea of PVP items is excellent.
    I would like to add a proposal: all items in the parallel world, events or maps have the potential to be refined in PVP items.
    The item once refined loses its old qualities and turns into a PVP item with the specifications above mentioned by Trakilaki.
    "Limiting there items to be having up 3 gem....Unique Values, Bonuses and Tiers would not be present with PVP items"
    By doing so we solve a few months of work to create the new items.
    All items less used by players, such as the New Moon wapons, Star Light, the Weapon of Destruction, and many more are becoming used again introducing diversity in PVP.
    The PVP game is not totally independent of PVE, these items need to be farmed and by refining the base should not be changed except at the rank level.
    If a weapon has a gold base at Tier 6, it must remain with the gold base at Tier 0.

trakilaki likes this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I had months to think and re-think of a solution ... without trying to copy/paste something available in any other game :)
    It may be existing in other game ... but i am not aware of it.
    I was suggesting transmogrifying feature (which has been one of the players' most desired feature in the past) ... but even "PvP gear Refiners" would pass.
    The only advantage of the transmogrifying feature is that it would be a completely new add-on to the game that can be used in PvP and PvE. Nothing would change with the item only the skin would change ... the name and the stats would remain exactly the same.
    Besides balance ... diversity was one of the goals of the proposal. That way all items would have same pattern of base stats (with their variations like in example crit and HP and Crit and all resistance on rings ... 1H mace/axe/sword-like weapons and their 2H counterparts etc) which when balance would make the PvP fluent and adjustable within the provided brackets.
    Now ... i disagree on this one. Tiers are biggest balance breakers than set buffs and bonuses.
    All base stats would be set at fixed values per level.
    There won't be any Tier and their values would be lowered to specific PvP values as described in the proposal.
    Base stats should not be random ... enchantments and the rest of the gear would provide enough randomness within the brackets.

And we already saw that the new gearless PvP is not a solution for the balance. It is ridiculous at best.
    We are already seeing players dealing too much damage, having more travel speed and attack speed than the others .... BUT from where they are getting them??? They are not getting them from the gems and runes and enchantments for sure ... and the base stats are almost the same for all :)
    They are cheating :)
    So ... instead of dealing with the cheaters first and then analyze the balance, the devs decided to change everything in the game and never touch the cheaters. Very very wrong move.

3. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

one of the arguments i proposed against this new pvp was infact that cheaters would have even more advantage with this new pvp

Why didn't Bp work out this?It was pretty obvious

At the very least they should have someone or something monitor the game 24h/24h to catch cheaters and now cheaters have become more obvious than before, so it should be easy to catch and ban them

ΣMiwel and trakilaki like this.
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

In other games cheaters are being banned on daily basis ... even in games that are not much popular.

5. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Competent people run those games

I do not think i can say the same for DSO