Suggestion PVP rebalancing system: the true solution

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by alchimista, May 4, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Simply create a specific sets for pvp only.

No more explosive arrow spamming ground or ice bolt flood screen or knights going around.

The true problem is that : T6 equipments are well balanced against a infernal III boss, not a centurion or grand marshal or flag bearer.

This could be the first possible solution to remove the oneshoot in pvp arena.

T0 only items allowed inside arena ( with a combo of a brand new pvp sets )

Turn the switch off.
    Only you, your squad and the other team.

Hetsunien and Jhinstalock like this.
  2. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

Honestly coding it so that all your items are scaled to T0 in PVP areas would be sooo easy.

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Sounds like someone has been reading up on the gurus' recommendations.
    And instead of removing the Q7 buff entirely, in conjunction with the second half of my suggestion above, they could modify it to a 50% boost instead of 150%... That sort of thing. Once they separate the duration and magnitude of all attacks in PvP, they can balance things with fine control and precision instead trying to balance the game through brutish and idiotic changes that kill PvE and PvP at the same time.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I have no problem if they scale down my equipment to T0 in the arena ... I am not even using a weapon with bonus or unique value.
    I am developing my character for more than 6 years ... and it is still not finished.
    I have spent tons of draken, materi frags, ander, gold ... etc to craft items buy runes, items, gems ... all that not to kick Mortis to the moon and back ... i can do that with level 40 equipment. I have done all that to be competitive in the arena and to kick P2W's butt.
    This kind of craft is not meant for brainless AI boss
    [​IMG]
    it is specially designed to kick butt in the arena ... simple as that.

5. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

New
    No I don't.

My idea is not to scale down our actual equipments from T6 to T0.
    The idea is that arena access allowed only with t0 equipments ( ex normal mode map drop)

PVP sets only achievable with arena points with an npc at the end of the round if you win ( same as now while you defeat event bosses or Q bosses )​

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That changes it from a great idea to a horrible idea.

ImmortalDeath likes this.
  7. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

And how will this balance anything?
    You are aware that there are players with large numbers of royal rubies and even more other royal gems.
    How would this balance against a player whom has polished rubies?
    Still saying they should make pvp a moba experience | The said moba experience should have its own seperate set of skills for pvp and pvp only, and then you have pvp leveling too and you can only play against other pvp players with your lvl in pvp

Shansurri likes this.
  8. emmaaxxx

emmaaxxx Someday Author

Putting new pvp gear (i hear this from a lot ppl too ) in order to separate pve from pvp is pointless at this time.

The developers have already separated in some way the pve from pvp just by putting the extra need of crit rate , armor , all resist , block rate on difficulties inf 1-2-3-....-X .

So a strong player now must have for sure at least 2 sets . One pve set focused on extra crit or armor-block if he wants to tank and a pvp set with just 16 k crit (not more) and 16 k block rate if he has a 1 handed pvp set too.

So whats the point of putting new pvp gear, we already build our pvp gear with craft specific choices ( craft = gear ).

Btw all this discussion have point only for pvp as it is now , a possible input of a totally gearless arena in the future will just make pvp gear discussion pointless , it will be good only for posting on youtube or forums .....

9. Vnaris

Vnaris Forum Apprentice

I dont write in the forum very often, and I have never written in this thread, but I think you re taking it too far, with extreme ideas and "solutions". Truth is, I miss the old arena too. Back then skill was more important than power. That was because there was no player with 30k dmg. Since bp created 55 lvl, things have changed and we can t go back. A HUGE nerf is not the solution. All we need is a better system for choosing opponents.The game is all about pvp. Even those who dont like it have to understand that we craft, play inf, do events, kill bosses to be able to kill other players. That simple. So you cant just forbid someone to use their op weapon that took so long to craft. Whats the point of the game then?

This is my opinion of course, but i m trying to be as objective as I can.

semen470 and Shansurri like this.
  10. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

Would like to see the PvP server used just for players desiring to play PvP and keep the other servers just for PvE. This way all the changes, nerfs etc that only the PvP players keep crying for are implemented there and changes effecting the rest of us only effect us. This would also give an indication how many true Players of each sort there really are. The very limited number of very vocal players may be PvP but do they truly represent the majority of all players.

Jhinstalock likes this.
  11. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

The idea of the 3D is to create a new sets awared with pvp points.
    The idea is also to remove LVL 60 T6 items from pvp ( T6 items gives you enough power to play against inf 3 bosses ) and to introduce ONLY T0 items in the PVP arena.
    A T6 lvl 60 2H weapon give you a 1000+ base attack dmg.
    A T0 lvl 55 2H weapon give you 300+ base attack dmg.

Less firepower, less one-stress-shoot kills

12. meurerplay

meurerplay Someday Author

The problem of PvP is lack of creation of Builds by the players, I always see all the players with msm build entering PvP(Dragan+With+Q7), of course it will be oneshoting, once Bp makes new equipment available and players start to use other equipment, PvP will improve

13. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

Looks as if BP is trying to copy those certain games with battle royale by removing the gear in pvp.It is a good idea imo because PvP should be all about skill and not about how long you've been playing for or how much have you payed.If it worked this well on those battle royale games then most likely it will work here aswell.

No one likes to start a game and be put in a match vs someone who spent 100k $ and played for a few years...Sure that new guy can go farm for a few years and spend a fortune in order to be competitive but the number of players willing to do such a thing is not that high, hence why this game is going down.

One of them battle royale games is free to play and u can only buy visuals or stuff that wont have any impact on the game balance and made in a year more money than BP made with DSO since they launched it on the market most likely lol...Micro payements is the key by the looks of it and not asking 1.000 $ for a single gem.Maybe BP should look into this and copy it aswell.

Pvp going gearless is the best way to get new players because if u start playing this game today or tomorrow or 100 years from now, u will have the same chance at winning in a match which really matters from a new player's perspective.You wont have to play for 5-6 years at first and then find out if u are good or bad in PvP.

Sure, the old players will be against it because they will lose their advantage in arena but they will get over it after a while most likely.As i said, these battle royale games made in a month/year enough money to buy entire BP a few times by exploiting this "equal footing feature" in terms of PvP.They have proved that this works and its being very popular right now.BP most likely will attempt to do the same thing with their games.The way i see it its just a matter of time til this will happen.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  14. Viki

Viki Forum Mogul

if they want to introduce a "moba" pvp in dso, then the skills have to be completely reworked. i'm not sure if this is possible with the current engine of dso. either way, i don't play really active anymore, neither pvp nor pve. i don't like the current one shot pvp either, but you can turn it off without making the complete equipment worthless for pvp. What really destroyed pvp was the wisdom tree, which they introduced with level cup 50. And all the set- bonuses since Ivl 55. I keep wondering why people think the payers are too strong. You can put 50k into the game, without the right items with perfect enchantments you are still weak. It has never been as easy as now to build up a strong char, and that without paying. You need time for farming, ofc. Ok, premium is still helpful but not necessary.

Jhinstalock likes this.
  15. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Adding a MOBA style is fine, but switching from a true pvp to moba isn't.

The good moba games have lots of different characters, lots of fighting styles, lots of options. DSO does not have these things. A four character moba is going to be nothing more than a very sad joke.

meurerplay likes this.
  16. trakilaki

In other words you would like to transfer those who want to play PvP on a separate server called Auschwitz or Harlem.
    But there is a problem ... that one PvP server would be overcrowded and the rest of the servers would be ghost servers ... eventually closed down.
    Yes those who play PvP are majority ... that is why they are playing the game.
    Those players you call "vocal players" are the only ones who are giving feedback and helping other players. Those players are pushing the game forward ... not those "voiceless" players who only post to get some help. Without them there is no need this forum to exist.
    It is not a first time this kind of label getting attached to some players just to make them less important. They were also called "over-represented" by "Diego Maradona".
    Some people are not what they claim to be ... i think it is about time to see who is what and who is not. A lot of infiltration and blending with the players ... lately.
    MOBA style is not fine at all. Very simple ... MOBA games are different genre they are not RPG ... DSO is Action RPG. Players are playing DSO because they wanted to play RPG game not some strategy MOBA like game.
    DSO can't change genre over night ... even if it does it will never succeed because DSO is a game from a German developer ... not a single German game has ever succeeded on the market. Not because they suck or he developers are not good ... in fact some of those games are one of the best games in the history of gaming. The problem is different ... it is not of gaming nature. It is the lobby and the money.
    German games will always get negative reviews because the reviewing companies and writers are highly biased and always making money based reviews. Everything coming outside America is doomed to failure because of the monopoly. That is the main reason why US servers are ghost servers.
    So it doesn't matter if MOBA or action RPG or some erotic click game ... DSO will lose the player base and in same time they won't be getting enough base of new player in case they change the PvP to MOBA-like.

A list of games from German developers ... you can see on your own how many of them were successful on the market.

GoldenBoy likes this.
  17. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Did you see the 2nd part of that statement?

Someone in DSO management wants to go moba for whatever reason. If that is their decision, adding it in addition to pvp would be far better than switching from a direct pvp to moba.

I do not think adding a moba is the right decision, but if a moba has to come to DSO, the best option is creating a separate component instead of eliminating one.

18. trakilaki

Yes I did :p
    I was not replying to you just adding to your post.

19. meurerplay

meurerplay Someday Author

@Rhysingstar
    I come to agree with you, because the PvP styles between a Rpg and a Moba are totally different, and as you mentioned, with only four classes, it would just be a joke

20. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Well adding competitive tower defence but keeping unique gear values and levels but just adding new skills sets meant for pvp only might be uber fun.
    I imagine a OP tank playing the wall between players and the tower while 3 to 5 damage dealers cover mid map and the offence of the other tower
    (10 to 30 maps) all ranges and sizes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.