R-212

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by trakilaki, Jul 20, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Dracanian Anniversary Festival 2018

And .............. there it is!!!
    Not single gem or rune you have been farming for years or paid for it ... is working.
    Probably a preparation for the stupid MOBA arena ... which will only kill the game.

[​IMG]

2. couda22

couda22 Forum Commissioner

R210_0:
    - essences stack up to 50k
    - anniversary eggs do not respawn

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  3. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

gems not working is a bug

ΣMiwel likes this.
  4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I, too, don't think that's related in any way to their so-called pvp rebalancing. They already have a system for turning off the equipment: Remeber the temporary Dragan's Ring they were giving in codes from time to time? After the time it was given for passed, it simply stopped giving any state-bonuses and its unique value stopped working. Don't worry Traki, that must be just a bug, perhaps related to that crafting bag which is to contain gems too.

5. Viki

Viki Forum Mogul

Did you test explosion arrow? In my opinion, the skill has been completely destroyed. It is a huge nerf even in PvE, the range and speed have been greatly reduced...

6. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

Right now, in 1v1, a mage without crafted boots and running speed gems (a slow mage) has a very hard time against a ranger. as soon the game starts you see 2 or 3 arrows coming in your half of the arena and that is all, the match ends. The arrows don't have to hit you, just to explode 10m away from you is enough. A bit of balance is needed.

7. trakilaki

I know it is a bug ... for now.
    But that is what they will probably do in the arena.
    I don't think so.
    This is not an "ordinary bug". This has got nothing to do with temporary items.
    As you can see in the screenshot above ... the gems and are not just not working ... but they are not even listed in the item.
    Right now you need to practice and learn things.
    Same would happen with new ranger and well equipped SW. I don't need a EA ... i can come to your SW and slap him in the face ... he would be dead in one slap anyway.
    Read below ... i have surprise for you and your needed balancing XD

I haven't been on my TS ranger ... I was making wiki contents for the event.
    But i tested it after reading your post.
    I just got answer to my proposal
    I guess fairness and equality have been practice there at higher level ... for a quite a while.
    Anyway ... what they did to EA is uber stupid.
    But wait ... did you think the SWs skills would be as they are now at live server?
    Well ... they are nerfed too :D
    Magic missile is much shorter, Ice missile too ... Chain Lightning is the longest range skill now.
    Here are some screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rangers will be OK ... at least 1H rangers.
    SWs are hit more with these changes.
    Balance it is.

Premium Day is probably coming ... but who cares when we will not be able to use our runes and gems anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit
    ///////

Not all essences ... only blue, purple , red and green.
    Event essences ... are still the same. All of them.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Ironside and ULTRAPEINLICH like this.
  8. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Anyone got stats on em gloves of zeal?
    Traki?

9. Zigan

Zigan Forum Apprentice

You can't buy more than 5 pinatas in one day. Is this a bug or something? Last year some of the op players made their hp runes %30 with this. Unfortunately I am not one of them and I have been farming andermants for almost 3 months only to buy pinatas... How we suppose to get hp rune with that limit?

10. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

I agree with this. Half of the kills in pvp are done without seeing eachother, the missiles, fireballs and arrows are traveling outside of the visible screen. Making their range shorter sounds like good idea, only that all the classes should get this modification, including the dwarfs. If the mages and rangers have to come closer to a dwarf to be able to hit him, that would be a massacre as it is right now.

However, I agree this sounds good as long is only in pvp. If the magic and ice missile range is much shorter in pve, this is just silly. I haven't seen one mob until now coming and complaining on any social media about it..

11. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

And I haven't thought about it before. They have a system for turning off the equipment... Now they are adding one to turn off the gems. We managed to stop the first version of dwarf-rebalancing... We must stop this too when the time comes.
    To devs: These are the results of a poll from the Wiki: http://prntscr.com/k99wi8 For the last two months, people have been expressing the dislike towards the very idea of the gearless PvP. Change your mind before it's too late...
    That really isn't that big a problem.
    But why aren't they nerfing the dwarfs' reach? I mean, the reach of turret+the distance the dwarf can stand behind it create something inpenetrable for a ranger or mage, especially with the new decrased skills' ranges.
    I Wonder how could anyone get the stats if they were added just to the workbench as a recipe for now...

New kinds of workbenches added to the maps
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. callme0216

callme0216 Padavan

Hopefully they will change this ,that you only can open 5 pinata / day, makes literally no sens and they just reduceing their possible income..

13. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

shorter attack ranges helps fixing the blind spamming nonsense pvp arenas, i dont know what's the benefit on pve but since the group is likely to be inside a 20m radius i think it wouldn't be any problem

pve stats on pvp doesn't make any sense, unless we all have 100,000 base HP..
    i dont know if people will really dislike the new pvp, by now they are voting on something they dont know,
    that poll is more like "do you want an easy (to you) pvp or a fair one"-- easy: 80%

Integrity likes this.
  14. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

Wich was the best map to farm egg openers? cuz I don't remember :oops:

15. gastonp74

gastonp74 Forum Apprentice

Silly question: I've never entered test server before. Is there any place where we can see what devs have changed (some kind of patch notes) or we have to enter and guess what they changed first to then test it?

16. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

In this thread is supposed to be anything related to R212, of course you can visit DSo wiki too or the easiest way, search on YT. There are no Patchnotes for test server releases, Mods provide us one guide a day before the implementation of any release on live servers

17. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

Can I have a link to the official announcement where you took all that info from ? I've seen the video where they announce the gear and gem removal from pvp, and talking about kind of pvp leaderboards, where you have to play for example 5v5 for a certain time to get points for LB, but you're not forced to, the other modes will be available as well. And never heard anything about a new p2w system. Maybe there will be one, but can we see the same announcement you have seen ? I like to be well informed before voting, not based on the rumors from forums.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  18. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

It was Traki who wrote the poll question, not me. Most of the text are actual dev's words from the stream, the rest are Traki's speculations... But since he's almost always right about what the devs are thinking (or not thinking), and about what's good for community (not even saying I thought the very same things after watching the stream) - I believe him.
    You have to play one mode for an hour or so for one other mode to unlock - that's what they said.
    Dude, almost all of their income are people paying for andermant and memberships in order to get better in competition with other players, and most of that are people paying to get better in PvP. So, if the character states from PvE don't pass to PvP... most of the payers don't have a reason to pay, so they have to give them one by adding something they can pay for.

19. trakilaki

Listen dude ... it is obvious you are not in touch with the game for a quite long time.
    I am a DSO Admin and I have made the poll .
    I don't deal rumors and gossips ... i only process credible information.
    I don't harvest and mine data bases ... i am testing things on TS and I am creating contents based on that testing and all the info I am providing is reliable and legal because it is being processed from legal and official source.
    It is quite obvious you didn't even bother to read it ... because if you did read it you could read this
    [​IMG]

The source has been already provided. It is in the announcement section and it is appearing in few other top sections.
    It is reliable source where the Lead Game Designer has been sharing info in public about their future plans.
    Here it is ... only for you.

Nope ... no one has stopped anything.
    It has not happened back then because it was not yet ready :)
    That is not that kind of range ... it is not using the skill's range as reference but the character's range. This range is same for all characters no matter of the class ... consider it as same as that "Hero's Lightning" feature where a character has a range and in that range he can explore maps.
    No one is arguing item's: tier, bonuses, enchantments ... etc.
    We are arguing excluding all our hard earned gems, runes, glyphs.
    They said: all characters will have same base stats and you can choose one of the pre-determined setups and choose whether you like to have more defense and less offense or other way around ... or something in the middle. Level 1 players will be scaling to level 55 and will fight with level 55 players.
    That is only possible if the runes , gems and glyphs are excluded.
    I say ... screw that. Level 1 new player has no business in my fight.
    I haven't been farming gems and runes over 6 years so I can't use them. that means I don't have a reason to play anymore.
    Why should I play if i can't use my gems and runes.
    I haven't been farming them so i can kill level 10 mobs in Swerdfield Pastures but to kick butt in the arena.

Veηom, Ironside and ΣMiwel like this.
  20. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Well, back when the discussion about the dwarf nerf was going on, some people asked when will mages be nerfed. Then a mod passed an official answer: in the next release. But the discussion raged on for some more time, and they removed the nerf from the TS... and have we witnessed a major SW nerf in r209 (namely, when the dwarf changes - thrown completly upside down however - made their way to the live servers)? No, we didn't. If nobody said anything about that dwarf nerf, it would happen. But the only part of it that came live (a long time) later was giving hp to the turrets. The rest (eg. making the turret dmg dependent on the distance the dwarf stands from it) went to the trash... or did it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.