R217 patchnotes - Melting pets

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Lemnolia, Apr 3, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Lemnolia

Lemnolia Forum Apprentice

Link to the notes.
    "Pets that are already in your Collector’s Bag or in your inventory can not be bought anymore Only pets that you already have can be used for “Pet Melting”"

Why? Because high players cried on the forums so newcomers might get Crescerites faster than them?

If people want to buy this materila at a very high price, that's their problem.
    You generally push people to spend crazy amount of gold, tha would have been a additional money sink, your preferred feature.

So, why?

2. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

i think its fair to avoid a pet abuse, imagine someone farming gold and upgrading to max every pet in less than a week, gold is farmed easy if u just sell without melting, but usually ppl use 1 or 2 pets. it would've been nice to be able to craft 4 pets of the same type to get an upgraded one, I kept a few pets to craft for crescerite, I got them from the current event. high players wont even care about noobs getting crescerite because if u don't have good equipment the pets alone wouldn't be enough to be a threat to them.

3. Lemnolia

I totally agree and that's why the crying feedback i read from the test server from high level players was ridiculous...

Because the amount of gold for a newcomer would be A LOT and using this amount for this material instead of crafting or else is a simple choice the player make. So there cant be any abuse here, just a new choice.
    When you start doing ranking and all you get this material naturally so even for middle players this feature tends not to be useful and the actual form.

Anyway, it's done, but I still don't get the use of this limitation, apart from the non-sense complaints test realm feedback thread, done without any real calculation nore remembering of how precious gold is when you just become 55.

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

This.

This part here couldn't be more wrong...
    The most inexpensive pet is 17 gold and it costs about 33 gold to melt... at one creserite per 50 gold, a pet could be fully upgraded for 4k gold... That is a far cry from two and a half months of logging in and picking up the daily. Sure, there are other sources, but they are supposed to be farmed from leaderboards, daily log ins, pet drops from chests or monsters, or from daily quests/deals.
    Farming gold and converting gold into creserites was obviously never the developer's intention, so they made sure you can't.

I'm not worried about newer players getting creserites faster than I did. I'm worried about old players being able to get tons of maxed out pets supper easily while new players get left further in the dust.

5. Lemnolia

Maxed out players just need few pets and have upgraded them a long time ago.
    So that's absolutely not a proper reason.

People are simply jealous about each other and can't stand the idea that newcomers could get stuff easier than they did.

And in this game you get stuff much more easily when you're high-end and do not need them anymore, rather than when you're desperate for it.
    Look at the ranking rewards for example, the events, etc.
    So what you're worried about, old players being able to get tons of "stuff" supper easily while new players get left further in the dust is basically the entire actual design of this game ;)

But I get the reasoning at least, I just 100% do not agree with it because I tend to like newcomers and always think it's fair to make their life a bit easier.
    I think most of the high levels here (on the forums) forgot about how crap is a new level 55 life when you're not surrounded by high-end players who can support you for some time.

Anyway, thanks Baragain :)

6. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

It is all just too silly for me to wrap my head around. At most any given toon I have will use four pets. Those will be done upgrading even without this feature in a couple of months. At that point, Creserite becomes a cosmetic currency that has no benefit to my actual gameplay.

Zoltan likes this.
  7. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

Now you hit the nail on it s head :)
    Allthough you can't blame anyone for thinking like newcomers shouldnt get close to being as strong as several year old players. That wouldnt really be fair either. And with the gold line changes it s already easier on newcomers. It s not always that older players forgot how difficult early endgame can be. But sometimes it's just that new players are like youngsters that see this 100k bucks car and want to own it instantly.
    On the bright side, you can't accidently buy a pet that you already own with ander anymore.
    Besides, i can already think of a workaround to still abuse this situation and get unlimited crescerites. It s on under conditions, but still. (no more details allowed) :p

y. I already have 4 legendary pets. The rest i upgrade just for fun. I just happened to have a full inv of pets save up from dtu chests XD