r248 Patch #2 good or bad

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Zeals, Mar 31, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
  1. Zeals

Zeals Forum Apprentice

For my perspective, I do not see any difference for an increase 30% in movement speed which make a total of 70%. I did some combinations of oil slick+ c14, oil slick + shrapnel. I also did solo in Great desert infernal and I am having a hard time killing Khepre unlike before patch #1. I want to bring back -40% movement and -100% fire reduction. How about you guys your opinion?

radical85 likes this.
  2. RatsEatingMyCables

RatsEatingMyCables Forum Apprentice

What are you talking about? You are doing x3 more damage with the oil slick now. You can get -85% with Khalys Helmet. Can you please stop asking for more and be happy of what you have for once?

3. Darkness90

Darkness90 Junior Expert

Same. Description say 70% but i'm doing around -50% dmg that before to first patch

I don't care if the description say 1% or 3000% if i can feel as i was before of patch (anyway wasn't broken, just ok). If they worry about fire red ess could make these fire dmg don't apply to oil reduction as possible solution. Or maybe the patch isn't working good, idk

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    radical85 likes this.
  4. Zeals

Zeals Forum Apprentice

I am just letting you know the difference without changing any gears before patch #1 till now. I also asked several OP SM in my server, all they response is not good enough. I hope some people will post some videos like in patch #1 so we can see the difference again or is there any difference from patch #1 ? lets see...

5. sibano

sibano Padavan

nothing will never be the same

radical85 likes this.
  6. Geofry

Geofry Forum Apprentice

i mean Dwarfs are fine i think 70% is fine but while other classes can do more than 100% we should be able to do that too so i think BP should make c-14 has 20% fire resistance and armor so we can use both skills and khalys and it will be more than 100%

7. Zeals

Zeals Forum Apprentice

I agree with you bro, I hope they can see the difference with other class. I don't like developers to think that we are asking too much. We just want fair game in all classes.

--MERGED--

Sad but true, best hopes for SM. SM RIP shall not prevail :(

Last edited by moderator: Mar 31, 2021
    Darkness90 and radical85 like this.
  8. RatsEatingMyCables

RatsEatingMyCables Forum Apprentice

2 days ago, you had like -40%. Every Dwarf started crying here and on discord that you can't deal damage, right? Now, they released a patch that actually buffed it again, and you can actually deal damage and can fight monsters and bosses. The humble way is to appreciate it and just wait for more updates in the future, you know? Not saying again the same things such as "RIP SM" "Dwarfs Dead"..
    I just think everyone should take a break and have some more patience. You dwarfs have been OP all this time in the "pre CE" state, now i guess it doesn't feel good to be cornered, like DK's were

--MERGED--

Yes i can agree with that as well

Last edited by moderator: Mar 31, 2021
    ΣMiwel likes this.
  9. Fitzchevalerie

Fitzchevalerie Forum Apprentice

The fact is they didn't release this patch cuz we cry but cuz they bug the bug fix..... the first bug fix was to fix the 100% fire resi to 70% but they decrease it to 40%, so that release was just to really fix it...

But, in fact now, we need a way to have 100% break as every other class, i mean, with a 500k dmg and 400k crit, i can't efficiently farm alone where alll other class can... We don't cry, we invest same amoung of time than all other and we just want enjoy the game as same as all pther class.

Darkness90 and sibano like this.
  10. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Mages don't have 100% armor break. It doesn't work that way.

I've a 10/10 singularity. Takes 70% of Boss' Armor away. That's not strait 70%. Boss has armor for 80% reduction of damage I can do. That means I get to do 20% of my skill damage. I can take away 70% of that 80% reduction away. That's 56% of his reduction removed. That leaves 24% damage reduction. So with a 70% armor break, my skill damage goes from 20% to 76% of skill damage possible.

Watch the white non-crit damage numbers and this is how it is. And since we no longer have a damage "range", but a damage value. I see the exact same numbers all the time. I can tell which of the mobs have 80% damage reduction and which don't based on the damage I do with white numbers.

Don't look at your base damage. Look at the Skill damage. Example:
    Fireball does 133% of base damage. So, with 200K base damage means fireball's skill damage is 266K.
    Without Singularity, that means white numbers are 53.2k (80% reduction).
    With Singularity, white numbers are 202.16k (24% reduction).
    Then on each of those you get to add whatever crit you have when you do crit.

The real truth is that they need to remove those ridiculous OP Boss Shields. Or at least only have the very first one. We don't get such protection... at least the Mages don't.

11. kaibaelmejor

kaibaelmejor Forum Greenhorn

It's a shame how it destroys a character without having to make any testing before making changes, it is so easy to know how to take the time that each character kills the final boss, it takes the mechanic 8 times but it takes time to kill the other boss. Are you balanced? Now I also realize that the mine and the missile that are supposed to break armor do not, those abilities only serve to stun, the mine at 10 points breaks 45% of armor and the missile 10%, together they should break 55% armor and do more damage, but no, you always damage the same, skills that are bug.

fix the error

12. Fitzchevalerie

Fitzchevalerie Forum Apprentice

mage can 100% ice resi break, 70% from their singu and 55% from nova.

Ranger can 60% form trap and 60% from one of their shot, not scatter, the other one. trap can be 80% with q2 neck lace.

war can 100% or almost 100% with q4, only dwarf can't farm alone cuz they need a mage to break fire resi...

13. Darkness90

Darkness90 Junior Expert

Everybody know that skill for freeze bosses just work in 1 class but all classes got it (i don't want nerf for only one who can use right now. I'd like everyone can play this). Dwarf got 1 clown, mage got mind control. But the time of cooldown, agro, stats on these ally"pet"and duration isn't the same. I don't wanna nerf for mage, i want the equivalent for the rest. If this game keep doing these things, we will see playing there just to Hansen and Gretel at live. I have taken a forced break but if i'll need let 10 month pass to be able to return and i'll feel like a new character when everybody will already have progress then, I prefer to go elsewhere and look for another thing (and don't want to do this, i like this game; but not this way)

14. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

You have gotten what you wanted( in about a week or so) and you're still complaining?

What do you want? Are you still pissed off because you can kill bosses in bloodshed in 45 seconds instead of 30 as you used to?
    Well, let's talk about other classes, where they take up to two minutes to kill bosses.
    And how much did it take you with the fix? 1 minute, oh wow, welcome with the other peasants.
    You already have recovered what you lost, so stop being a crybaby and scram.
    The so called hated class gets its fix in a week or so, so much for hatred from BP.
    You were already the top dog for most of the game, you were already the top dog with the prior max level.
    Maybe instead you should learn how to play instead of relying on overpowered combos such as q7+q8 sets.
    I have the suspicion that all who complain are those that are still butthurt about the removal of that combo.

Well, welcome to the struggles of the other classes, where they have to think about their builds, not jump on the band wagon.

You have already a good skill that can weaken the bosses resistances, stop complaining. The other classes didn't complain all that much, they simply adapted, even rangers( who arguably had the most reason to complain given that they had to rely on q7 to stay competitive and thus got screwed over when the expansion removed the parallel world sets as we knew them).

15. Darkness90

Darkness90 Junior Expert

Another idiot who don't played dwarf before and after, go back to your cave!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  16. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Not an argument, kiddo.

Besides, are you seriously denying that dwarves weren't and aren't top dogs for quite a while?

Need i remind you about the times where people were only asking for dwarves as DPS and nobody else( well, except the tank), excluding mages and rangers and DPS warriors because dwarves were so powerful?

Need i remind of the time where it was common seeing abominations like 3slots free only dwarves no mages no rangers in region chat?
    Maybe you, being a dwarf, enjoyed that time, but i, as a mage or others, as rangers, didn't.
    Because being unable to farm due to that was not fun.

You people were even complaining when finally you were forced to actually use all of offensive stats and not just two of them, complaining about the "death of the dwarf", when in reality such a change made you even more powerful.
    You actually thought it was right that dwarves could rival the offensive powers of rangers, mages and dks by ignoring two offensive statistics out of 4( the 2 who were also affected by the debuffs in infernal difficulties which meant that the other dps classes had their damage output greatly reduced due to this, while dwarves were unaffected).

You got what you asked for, why are you still complaining?

blackassam, ΣMiwel and TwiliShadow like this.
  17. Darkness90

Darkness90 Junior Expert

i'll not read, directly, you can go to... a walk! bye

18. Sayaa

Sayaa Advanced

70% only in the middle, farther 50%.

sargon234 likes this.
  19. Darkness90

Darkness90 Junior Expert

For boss and miniboss it's fine. Don't need more space

I personally not guided by the numbers, I'm guided by how they feel in practice and this 70% feel like -50% before to first patch

20. Anyki

Anyki User

I would like to remind everyone that making multiple consecutive posts is not allowed. Please use the "Edit" button below your post if you have something more to add.

Also, please remember to abide by the forum rules and be respectful in your discussions.

Cheers,
    Anyki