Random/High Boss Damages?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by raider, Aug 25, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. raider

raider Forum Pro

Idk how but there are those moments when a Boss (or a Local Boss aka Guardians/Champions/Leaders 1hit-kills you, even when you have a Shield.

Especially noticed this with Lor'Tac's "Protector"s.
    16k+ Damage with a single ranged/melee hit, what the heck?

Is whole game's Damage system out of place?
    I mean if that's the case no wonder Tanking ain't really viable..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

It's intentional.

3. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

Their initial idea was to create champions to be killed as a group, but the balance of classes sucks.

So 1 tank + 4 dps between lv 45-50 and part 55.

Now the group play has been ruined and you often have to do it yourself.

After Balancing the game at lv 55 the novelty was that it is very difficult to take out those guardians alone because not the other way around, at a distance they are just slow and clumsy puppets. This in Q which is worse, who has been in inf6-7 knows it.

However, the damage is almost always elementary and greater than other mobs, so the shield + resistances combination is not the best, they are always lower than armor and not a little.

DBS-Flamelurker likes this.
  4. raider

raider Forum Pro

Usually 1 Dps does the trick, except it's a DK, obviously :rolleyes:

I'm "amazed" at how fast Ranged 3 classes kill anything sooo fast without a scratch most of the time while I can't even get near to the monster to hit it because of their (randomly) insane damages.
    Or.. I barely get to hit 'em few times before they die :rolleyes:

No wonder 1H builds are pointless.
    I mean some can even Solo the Bosses let alone Champions lmao :D
    Man this game became such a joke.

Why not instead, increase the Hp of World/Local Bosses and adjust their Damages to a "reasonable" amount if they really care about encouraging the Team-play aspect this game has lost.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    kuwabaraz and DBS-Flamelurker like this.
  5. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Stop this once and for all. This is bullcrap that you're talking. Assuming you're really seeing those people kill those minibosses that fast, they must be some legacy twinks... or perhaps it's "sooo fast" only compared to you... meaning they're second chars of other people and can actually play, while you cannot. Or you're simply largely exaggerating: you can do that all, but you're doing what a bunch of rangers (named by some players who actually knew what they were doing "stupid elfs") did a bit of time ago... and all they brought about was breaking the whole class and binding it to an OP set, as all the other possibilities are way worse (yes, a normal ranger is worse than DK no matter how you turn it). Anyways, game isn't problematic for any classes under the cap level unless you're screwing it badly.

Either way...
    Hmm... suspicious. So you can't kill a single boss solo... and in the other thread you literally claimed you killed Nefertari on your first attempt... solo. I'm pretty sure of that. How so?
    1. You said that it requires kills every single time but the one time you're doing it for the quest, right? So you don't know that if you fail the first time, you need kills anyways. Hence, on the first attempt - you succeeded.
    2. It's a boss that it's virtually impossible to find a person to farm with. So, group help was unlikely.
    3. Even if you found a person that would want to go with you... they probably wouldn't be able to enter together with you when they're paying with the key and you're entering free. At least it used to be so in the far past. So probably solo.
    4. I said in the far past... because for quite a time it used to be impossible to enter the normal mode in a group... with all the people on one instance. And it's quite probable that they haven't changed it. So, in all probability, you killed her solo.
    And you're saying that you can't and tHoSe OP cLaSsEs CaN. Huh?

6. wavi

wavi Junior Expert

Try painful mode or dodge attacks, or create another character. The warrior is for professionals only, play with a wizard or a dwarf and if you still can't handle the game, it is best to play chess.

1vanka likes this.
  7. raider

raider Forum Pro

Ah look who is here! The one who-knows-it-all! Well, actually 2 of them, sort of.
    Yes I'm sure the game is perfectly balanced for every class and every type of play.
    I thought there wasn't anything problematic?! Surprise surprise!

That breaking the game thing has been done for all classes as far as I can see..
    Stupid jack-of-all-trades Q7 set.

I hate how everything is based on "Max Level" in this game anyhow. Not allowed to enjoy anything without reaching it and getting an OP set.
    Events in particular. Everyone telling me to not invest much time in most of the Events until I'm Level 55 as it's not worth it. Like ***?!
    Lmao. Yes I'm sure they can't kite anything and can't spawn a Guardian or two to keep monsters busy while killing 'em.

I think, Mages are the overall jack-of-all-trades class though. Slightly ahead of Dwarfs.
    Lmao. Conspiracy theories much?

I never claimed to have killed it alone, or on my first time.
    I didn't know the stupid key requirement so I entered there for the quest, and then left. Not like I could kill it alone anyhow but idk why I didn't try.

Later on.. seeing someone looking for a group to kill it (as he/she failed) I've asked a Level 55 from our Guild and he actually bothered with 450-500 kill quest to come along.

Now, of course I was suspicious as I actually have read the thing about you said on Wiki, that not being able to enter normal mode with a group, but turns out that's not the case anymore, although, the screen doesn't say about "max group members allowed" thingy like it normally would.

So yeah, it only took a second or two for it to die.

8. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Under the cap lvl and in PvE? It's just overly easy. So easy that there is literally no balance or lack thereof.

Blame the devs. The levels are hit too fast, and if they made them go slower in the current game's state, they would only deter further people. I mean, there's literally nothing to do besides the quests, and even the quests are barely enough for levelling. So yeah, the design is... poor, and I'm still generous here.

Of course there are lots of problems, just the largest ones are not where you see them!

Actually I'm not an advocate of hitting lvl55 so fast. If you're levelling like there's no tommorow, that's the reason why you're so weak. However, I stated above the reason why everyone is telling you that, and it's the literal lack of activities before lvl55... wait, there are literally no interesting activities on the cap level either. So why are they telling you that? Because only those who like mindless grinding can enjoy this game currently, and there's no point to grinding under lvl55, because everything would get obsolete all the time.

Most of us who are still playing despite our dislike for the grindfest all about are still hoping for some good changes... if the expansion brings nothing really interesting and fixes no problems, I am finishing the new quests (whatever they are) and quitting the game. Or perhaps I'll keep lurking around, but first let's see what they're cooking...

Nah, mages only have the crazy cooldown reduction from singularity, which does empower them alot. They would be on par with rangers that aren't using Q7 with any setup if not for that one talent. The talent's current version is the result of a "bug fix", that was a result of my sarcastic suggestion, that was a response to another similar "bug fix". The truth is, before the two "fixes", playing mage efficiently required beefy connection, because even slight lags disabled the whole cooldown reduction setup. And so only few mages were using the old version with mind control. However, it was balanced, since it required more time to execute the whole combo, and so there was less time for dealing damage. Dwarfs on the other hand are heavily set-dependent, but when they're using their OP Q7+Q8 combo, they're dealing a few times more damage than any other class (as long as they know what to do).

I repeat, there are lots of problems, but claiming that the three classes are balanced and only DK isn't... well, is just wrong. No class is balanced in itself, let alone against others. Ranger is relying on an OP set without which it is an underdog, mage is relying on one must-have "fixed" talent, dwarf is relying on an OP set combo... without which it is "only" as strong as Q7ranger/mage... and DK is relying on dealing less damage but having to dodge less as well... but that doesn't work due to monsters being broken. And so all classes don't work like they're supposed to.

9. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

Let's say Dk relies on half the damage from other classes without having any advantage in return. The bitter pill can be sweetened however you want but the result is that.
    Another folly has been making the negative effects of classes work on leaders without balancing the classes and this is the worst result at high levels.

In the map to help ranged classes has been done in the past, mobs have less life but more damage, so it's a huge plus for ranged classes, that high damage skills clean the map with little, but with a body melee, it becomes a problem if you don't have the defenses to resist or the damage to quickly take out all champions. I guess this started at lv 50-55. It's another problem that gets ridiculous at high levels because stamina and life are useless while not being hit makes you play.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    raider likes this.
  10. raider

raider Forum Pro

I do blame them as Design is poor indeed.

Well, I liked the "farming Bosses" breaks between those quests. Sigris and Gorga is/was fun imo. Made a Unique set or two (besides the Gorga scale) , farmed Wisdom and Gems (& Gylph) which help a lot..
    There are others before Sigris too but you just level too fast then..
    After Gorga (and Medusa) we get Destructor and Nefertari which can't be farmed.. which makes things even worse.
    Then there is Balor.. I've my doubts but will see if it's farmable..

Quests, especially the ones of Lor'Tac, are such a pain in the ass and tedious af. Going to same place over and over again (Or visiting every single Dungeon for one quest!) while still killing the same monsters.
    Just when you think you are done, finishing one/leveling up unlocks the other and guess what, you killing the same monsters again!

If they were to unlock at the same time, you could at least finish some quests together but hey.
    I didn't claim such thing.

I said "somewhat" balanced while DKs lagging behind.
    I think they could just increase the initial values & increment of Armor & Resist wisdom bonuses (& preferably Block chance/Strength too) slightly to help DKs..

As far as I can tell, they are useless to invest points into them right now.
    As well as Vivacious Vitality. 2-3 Hp regen per second (x20 if Maxed) is a joke when you easily can have 15k+ Hp.
    And it's impossible to not get hit as a DK.

They could maybe increase their Movement speed slightly..

11. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

Once introduced to the live server, these changes are just a big mess! Count that they also changed the bosses on that basis!

Between movement speed and attack, a boss is slowed to between 80 and 99% with about 2-3 skills.

If you increase the attack speed and the movement of the bosses they asphalt you as you enter the map to compensate for that reduction, if you switch skills pve you ruin the game by yourself or / and the pve and pvp group gets involved too.

They tried changes based on user feelings without implementing a new expansion and balancing everything.

The only result after users pointed out the clutter was in response, at the moment we will not rework the Dk class, sometimes just a little common sense, even a skill wisdom edit, in this mess it would balance the pve in the part worst!

12. raider

raider Forum Pro

Movement speed reduction of Bosses doesn't really help to DKs.
    Since there is no Ranged Attack, if we except Ground Breaker, which can't be spammed.
    (But ironically the first skill of a Ranger does have a Speed debuff, which can be applied to multiple enemies at one go and can be spammed :D)

So in addition to what I said above;

Replacing/adding 1st upgrade of the "Banner of War" with Attack Speed debuff and/or very small Damage reduction could help a lot. Otherwise that powerful Skill becomes useless against Local/World Bosses.. (Like the last 2 skills are, ironically)
    It's already useless in PvP anyway.

2nd upgrade could use a slight buff as well. Like, %40 fire damage per hit, instead of 30.

Meanwhile, "Incite" upgrade of "Rage Attack" could be made useful for early/mid game.

And.. "Dragon Hide"s cooldown to be lowered by about %10. 1 min is too much.

Ps. I finally dropped my 1st 2H Unique weapon & adjusting Gems and Wisdom talents I've basically doubled my damage (Can be even more) :D
    Of course lost a lot of things while doing so but let's see how it goes..

I mean.. I didn't really have any issue killing mobs in bulk.. It's either absurd Poison (that works on a % HP basis that you can't remove) or Boss damages the issue for the most part.

kuwabaraz likes this.