Ranger's Wood Wraith slowing effect & pvp talents

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Goat, Jan 9, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goat

Goat Forum Apprentice

Why isn't a bug the fact that it slows down DKs even if Dragon Skin immunity is activated? I heard it affects all classes, debuff talent doesn't remove it. Might I know what's the reasoning behind this (imo bad) game skill design?
    Are Rangers underpowered? Isn't the existence of slowing from marks and tree minion enough, must the latter ignore Unstoppable talent?
    Did I understand the meaning of the words "unstoppable", "immune" and "negative" wrong? :(

2. Talicni

Talicni Forum Connoisseur

It's not a bug it's made like this on purpose.

3. Goat

Goat Forum Apprentice

Yep, was told that, but I consider it a bad idea and still wondering why it's made like this? Makes no sense to me

4. moby31

moby31 Regular

Rangers pve lvl 45 and pvp lvl 40 skills .....(don't wanna use bad words ) sooner or later u'll learn how easily u can avoid being hit by this wooden zombie .

5. Talicni

It would pretty much question it's existence :/

Besides as @moby31 said pretty damn easy to avoid :p

6. Goat

Goat Forum Apprentice

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. :)

I know it's not a major issue, but I personally find it annoying in 5v5 (but not only). Yes, I can avoid it most of the time (when I'm playing as flag-carrier I have pvp speed talent + 10% from boots, i think that's fast enough). But:
    1) WHY should I even bother to avoid t if I have a DK talent that's supposed to make me IMMUNE from everything? I'm not talking about the tree slowing me down normally, I'm talking about it being "stronger" than immunity. How does that make sense?
    2) If you're a dk and play as flag-runner often enough, I'm sure you'll find yourself in situations when a lot of enemies try to stop/block you, but you have your Dragon Skin ready, you time it well..but a ranger jumps in front of you and summons the tree. You get slowed down a lot (because it is a lot) and fail to capture what should've been an almost sure point.
    Just because your pvp talent doesn't do what it says it does. Sorry for the long post and if I sound like a cry-baby, but I just don't get it and also don't believe rangers needed this free gift. :)

dragonknight2036 likes this.
  7. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

Well, I guess that's bad planning of the skills then. Because in a DKs point of view, wood wraith shouldn't have any effect while Dragon Skin is active. But how would Rangers feel if they've wasted talents to improve a skill and yet it is still rendered useless by a DKs skill?

Talicni likes this.
  8. sper009

sper009 Padavan

You mean like an Upgraded Singularity? :D I actually don't mind the Wood Wraith slowing skill since it's the player's fault for getting that close to it; but man is it the most annoying thing ever if you are caught!

9. TheInfamous

I actually never experienced upgraded Singularity, I wasn't playing at the time, but I did read all the complaints on the forums xd

According to OP's logic, everyone with Liberation should be pissed, as well, because the talent says it removes negative effects.

10. sper009

sper009 Padavan

Nothing worse than getting caught in his snare and using your teleport (by panicking) and still being slowed. I've been victimized a few times (very few since I usually mind control that brute), and it was not pleasant.

It's not just the Wood Wraith by the way. If you cast a singularity on a DK right before he activates his Dragon Skin, his armor still breaks (and I giggle on the inside).

11. Goat

Goat Forum Apprentice

Yep. Why is the Wraith an exception?

I know what you're talking about, but this isn't the case here. I'm not talking about activating immunity while there is an active negative effect on you. As far as the Unstoppable talent is concerned that isn't an issue. I'm talking about having immunity ACTIVE and the tree STILL slowing me.

12. TheInfamous

Again, because Rangers would have been given a useless skill had it not been able to bypass your immunity and not be affected by Liberation.

13. sdknightno1

sdknightno1 Advanced

Come on, it is the only relatively useful talent that rangers got from the expansion. But honestly, some would argue that the original wolfs work better in pvp since they're faster and less affected by mind control. So the lv45 expansion didn't really give much to the rangers as it did to the other 2 classes.

Btw, why won't thorn trail do any damage to bosses and mini-bosses when the DK's earthquake does. Rangers shouldn't be using this skill at all at bosses but still. Being immune to slow is one thing, but being immune to slow and damage?

14. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

Same thing with singularity, sometimes you get the first cycle of damage in but the rest is just immune immune.

15. extinckDK

extinckDK Forum Apprentice

16. Talicni

You are one hardcore dude no matter who says anything you will stay by your opinion that rangers have best everything, and yet if you played ranger you would've been crying and moaning about DK having the best everything, the fact remains you are crying cause you can't beat all the ppl in pvp, invest more money star farming or you can leave the game.

17. moby31

moby31 Regular

oh dear me
    if I would start to complain about how much i don't like Dk healing skill and Mag fireball and mind control skills this will never end ....
    u're skills not working claim on glitch and lags translations problems ...
    my friend told me skilled play don't complain ... :p
    honestly if this will continue i can't wait till someone will start new thread about Mag and Dk being OP
    i'll do my best to keep it live :)

18. TheInfamous

There are lots of those threads mobi31. Even more in the old forums. So many that it's no longer amusing.

19. moby31

moby31 Regular

I know maybe that's why i 'm not into it just like was before
    it's boring sooner or later there will be one about dwarfs actually there should be one already ;)
    have u seen that dwarf marschal with the speed of Ranger and "immunity " of Dk ,running 5v5 like playground unstoppable :oops:

20. darknightbleeds

darknightbleeds Forum Apprentice

There's a dwarf that's a marshal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.