Removed Daily

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by FAALHAAS, Jul 17, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

How rude to punish the entire playerbase by removing the surprisebag daily. I have no idea how many people abused the bug, but pretty sure not everyone.

They way you treat us is making me think more and more of deleting my chars and never touch this game again. Maybe its also time to report you guys to every gaming commision out there for selling lottery items that are against every lootbox law there is. Including the one in China btw.

China´s law on lootbox: According to the law, games with loot boxes have to reveal not just the name of all possible rewards but the probability of receiving said rewards and companies must give an exact drop rate for loot boxes items, giving players an idea of the maximum number of boxes they would need to be buy in order to ensure they get a certain item.

You guys always very fast with fixing ''bugs'', maybe its time to fix the lootboxes huh?

2. Darkness90

Darkness90 Junior Expert

What message are they sending us with this?:

Bigpoint: hmm we did a campaign to raise money by selling surprise bags and some players took advantage of a bug getting unlimited free surprise bags ...hhmmmgggrr... well, as we cannot know exactly who they were, how much they obtained or solve the error, let's punish everyone for how annoying that was for us.

I'll make a question to u: Is this the kind of game/community where you want to spend your time/money on? because i don't

FAALHAAS likes this.
  3. RantNRave

RantNRave Someday Author

These hotfixes lately are coming in unannounced or within a few hours of deployment, are they even being tested to avoid said problems? While they address this issue in other languages and of no official capacity anywhere on their own forums, that another daily will come next event phase with the same rewards (gamble bag, 10 keys, and a fishing pole).

This exploit was bad, but I still remember everyone botting spiders for the first year of DL, not only off event times, but for rising hero as well. People could put in little effort, for multiple jewel chests daily. not as easy, but none the less exploitable being straight AFK and rewards were shiftable to any character. (not including off event, cube drops, gem drops, wisdom drops, item drops etc, again being afk or semi afk to pick up stuff). A year later said thing gets fixed. did anyone get penalized? no.

There is still semi exploitable actions all throughout this game during certain events that no one even talks about since DL release in 2020. Anywhere from unlimited premium time, unlimited andermant, due to unlimited character deletion and creation, 50-500M damage fire golem, and who knows what else.

Im not sure why companies take such a predatory shift in micro-transaction the last decade, but this game the last month has 180 flipped and opted to go this way, tucked tail and hide out on discord since it took over. It has removed the fun factor of achieving said items and ruined any sense of fair competitiveness through pvp or pve leaderboards (soon?). Seeing this cash for progress instead of fixing the drop rates is deplorable. For me, getting jewels to drop in PW has been a 9 month endeavor and over 700 PW chests for NOTHING. I get a random 15 gamble bag mailer last month (btw not everyone got this either, it seemed to be random accounts) that hits a jewel of focus. Something old dso players whom had unlimited from events of old, but today its a 1/1k~10k droprate.

Quite frankly I'm not sure what is worse, a 0.1% drop rate in PW jewels, darkforce, scamcave, anniwep etc, or the <1% drop rate on these bags to grift players with "a chance" at all these items to avoid playing the actual game.
    Think 3 in the last month was bad? im sure more are coming. I'm sure they'll have new clever ways to paywall future stuff as well.

Everything that I'm seeing since I've started since DL launch is, 20 months into playing, that there has been ZERO content creation, additions, or anything really remarkable that changes the underlying base game. 4 new equipment items (mythic/anniwep). Not a single new boss, new zone, new event. State of the game feedback thread got a courtesy acknowledgment then ignored. There have been some positive changes to some things and events, but thats it. I feel like this game was offed to the highest bidder to squeeze whatever they can out of it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    FAALHAAS, Tronco_Vaaaa and Xequarth like this.
  4. bilybob

bilybob Junior Expert

So I wonder how many players were punished for using the daily bag bug?:rolleyes: My guess is zero and they will likely never be punished, nor will the items be removed from their inventory.:mad: Losing what little if any credibility you have remaining DSO if you do not take steps to punish those who used the exploit.
    Have not renewed my Premium and will wait for an announcement on the punishment (won't be holding my breath)

I cannot see the ban hammer falling, but instead it will be the rock hammer used by Andy Dufresne.

5. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

We don't even know how many players play the game, there are no statistics published.

Currently, the punishment is scheduled with the next hotfix, probably coming in the next few days.

The plan is still to remove the items and compensate those who did not exploit, no bans. (This is not yet final official decision and it may change in the future, just rephrasing current information)

FAALHAAS likes this.
  6. Mightyposeidon

Mightyposeidon Forum Apprentice

The same for me! don't renewed my deluxe! don't spend money til we know things!

FAALHAAS likes this.
  7. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

Even tho I am happy they punished the exploiters.
    Its also pretty clear they nerved the bags. Guess we have to thank the exploiters for that as that gave them pretty good stats of droprates.

After opening 50 bags today I only saw essence, IPS and couple solar coins/steam cores.

Such a disappointment...

8. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

..On top of that players punished even used 2-3 times , who found that bug and stopped..(10x allowed by promise) .
    And more..."alcoholic wolf" slow moving in Dracania, because too drunk.. :p "7 speed not a 6" ...LOL. :D white or black wolf just a way faster.
    I'm missed that quest and bug .I don't like cheating , but waiting for code with bags for all preparation event days.
    All this that happening then one guy working for releases... and no using test server.