Replicate mousePressed() behavior for keyPressed()

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by .maes., Jan 3, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .maes.

.maes. Someday Author

so this is the new Update suggestions section!

OK my suggestion:
    When mouse is pressed and held, the skill is being repeated on a loop, with cooldown and atk speed factored in.

When a keyboard button is pressed and HELD, a skill is activated only once, which is logically incorrect behavior. Event needs to be on a loop just like on mouse buttons.

Cheers.

Geobli likes this.
  2. dragons

dragons Active Author

I see you know a bit of programming (or alot). You can code your idea for yourself using, for example, Auto Hot Key, a small scripting language.
    The documentation is easy to follow and doesn't take long to get used it.

3. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

I believe this to be a problem with PC's keyboard settings. Numbers seem to not repeat when holding button, but when I use hotkeys (qwerasd instead of 1-7) they do repeat.

4. Geobli

Geobli Advanced

Numbers repeat even in the game, open chat, click in and press a number. But they don't repeat with skills, they programmed it like that for some reasons I guess. Having the ability to change that from the game "Settings", would be cool, without external "programs" or "scripts".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.