Resistance Runes

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Talbor, Jun 19, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

I've noticed that all of the different resistance runes have the same percentage. Is there any reason to not just use 5 of the All Resistance instead of like 5 Poison Resistance for example?

At first I had considered making a set for each resistance type, but since they're all the same amounts it seems like using the All Resistance would be best since it'll cover them all.

2. remei

remei Junior Expert

The point is that these rune types are limited to 5, so let's say if you use up 5 All Resistance runes and still need more poison resistance, you can add extra 5 Poison Resistance runes, thus technically having 10 runes that improve your resistance.

3. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

That's what I thought at first, but I have 5 All Resis equipped & when I hover over a poison rune for example it shows Socketable amount 5/5 like they all count towards a slot used, no matter which type. I just tested it and it won't let me socket more than 5 total across all the resis runes. For example I can do a mix of like 3 All Resis & 2 Poison, 5 All Resis & no others, etc. It says "The maximum socketable amount of this item has been reached" if I try doing more.

4. remei

remei Junior Expert

Oh really? Guess I have never tested it then... But in that case it really makes no point to use standalone resists runes instead of All Resistances. Some of them are useful for other things (like Ice Resist rune being used to craft Winter Solstice Rune and poison one being used to craft the sewers event amulet), but other than that it apparently makes no sense to keep them.

5. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Yeah it seems silly they made it that way, but I'll grind them to use on others. I'll save a few for those items you mentioned. Thanks!