Feedback Rush Rush Rush..

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by raider, Sep 15, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. raider

raider Forum Pro

I hate how this game became "Formula 1" race on every part..
    Especially during Events..

They are called "Events" for a reason.. You make money and we get fun (& goodies), regardless of paying or not.
    Well, that's how they are supposed to be anyway..

But now.. Like everything, they are Grind-machines requiring you to be faaaaast.
    I will bet that "We kill fast" "Fast xxx farm" "Group only for X+ Damage" etc are the most used words in this game.

Of course then we have Paralel World "farming" that takes a good hundred or two runs to get; something worthy/enough number of craft items etc etc..

I understand the grind to a degree . But I don't understand the need/logic of short runs with almost no reward.
    I'd rather have slightly longer runs* with better Drop rates of WORTHY items (NOT generic Unique garbage!)
    Instead of rushing like crazy and finishing everything within few minutes without having absolute no enjoyment. (Well, DKs can't finish anything faaast Solo. And within group, mostly don't even get to hit anything)

Of course we have Power-Creep issue as a big obstacle.. Poor Newbies.

*Doesn't mean Realm fragment teleports shouldn't be cheaper though.
    If I only need the Boss/something specific, let me do it! What's the point of running through swarms of agressive mobs to reach somewhere?!

Alternatively/Additionally, add Teleportation to sub-Dungeons of PW & Events. With Gold. (Not free for Premium but discounted)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Because they are having something common lately.
    They are both boring as hell.

raider likes this.
  3. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

That's because people race to finish the event, then race to go back to PvP or PvE, then race onwards to the next event. Rinse and repeat.

I'd suggest finding people who want to play at the pace you do. I've done a grand total of 5 runs of the maps bordering Castle Ravencaw, so you can see how I am just brimming with enthusiasm for the grind. Truth be told, if you have no desire for the event equipment or Draken Cores, then most of the reason for the rushrushrush and grindgrindgrind gets removed. So I just follow the quests every few days and relax.

That said, I would like it a lot more if grind was reduced/rewards increased. One-shotting squishy monsters isn't exactly at the top of my to-do list either, and I even go out of my way to build a lower damage SW for that purpose.

raider likes this.
  4. Nostalgiac

Nostalgiac Advanced

I agree. They made events complete opposite of what they should be.

The events should promote player participation, motivate inactive players to return to the game, and spice up the regular grind. They should be more rare, and have much better rewards. They need to award players with better stuff than they can normally get, for LESS effort. Akin to a free trial/freeaway gift. From a business standpoint, you don't expect to make money directily from such event, you hope to increase player activity, which THEN translates to more premium subscriptions and andermant purchases.

Instead, they made all events a cash grab, to make as much money as possible directly. Thus, the glass ceilings on progress, event attires, buying progress directly, insane amount of grind, entries for nonpayers locked or shadow-locked behind pearls, tickets, realm frags or w/e. Also they are even more grindy than regular gameplay, sometimes with even LESS payoff. Will such an event motivate inactive or mostly inactive players to start playing again?

raider and silverseas like this.
  5. raider

raider Forum Pro

Not totally.

I believe it mostly to do with the extreme Grind and the frequency of Events.