Selling your account

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by glesia, Aug 23, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glesia

glesia Advanced

this is my first online mmorpg. the community was really nice. the devs seemed to care. had a amazing time with friends for the past 4 years. so much fun i decided to spend $$$$ to help develop the game. back then players had more say to what they wanted in this game. i felt like i too was close to this connection and hearing my thought on the forum made me great full. so i spent more $$$$. is nice to have a strong player to go back to and play from time to time. but now i feel the tables have turned the game went downhill. so many of my friends have sold thier account. they are still active to this day. so one day i decided to sell my account for a hefty sum of $1500 usd. got banned not knowing what had happened. i figured they where fixing my bug on my char. apparently someone told dso i was selling my account and banned me for 72h or something like that. what i dont understand is why can we not sell our account to a willing person that's going to play my char and maybe even spend more $$$. even better why cant we sell back to dso and get some cash back. this is my first mmo finding things out the hard way

2. Anyki

Anyki User

It is a violation of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you signed up for the game. Specifically, under the Registration section, it clearly states:
    • 5) You will not use your account in a Game for commercial gain.
    • 6) You shall not use your account or any portion of the Site to engage in any illegal conduct.
    • 7) You will not register for any Game if you are a convicted sex offender.
    • 8) You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or take any other action that might jeopardize the security of your account.
    • 9) You are not allowed to sell or in any way transfer your account.

I have only copied a very small section. I recommend you read the Terms and Conditions in detail if you have further questions.

3. glesia

glesia Advanced

ok but still dosent answer my question. i would like to sell my account just like the others did. dont want my player to get banned i just want to know more. is it because dso is not making any $$ off the selling of account. just imagine us being able to sell and trade. maybe i buy a SW i want to put money on. or buy a DK and put money and time onto. i can see morons stealing accounts this way but i assure you if it was stolen i could find out very easy with a CP i have. but anyways what does a sex offender half to do with a game like this. its just a game. get over it and let people do what they wanna do. iwhat if i asked you guys to go ahead and sell my account as long as you give me good profit from it. mean its a investment right. dont wanna go away broken handed is all. still i wounder why. must be the money. for commercial gain what is that. dont share your password make a new one and then give. but whyyyy is the question im asking. its got to be something that upsets your $$$ accounts. i just want what i gave in return. its only fair. still never sold my account and dont think i can now because you guys are watching it. what if i make you guys a deal or make me a deal. selling and buying accounts just may make this game explode. just sounds right to me. dont know if anyother mmorpg does trading. but man oh man twice the profit. 2 times the players. i can see it now

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  4. thuglifederp

thuglifederp Active Author

I wanted to ask something about that sex offender i mean cmon first of all aint no gamer reading the ToS when they find a new game
    Second, if by any chance a convicted sex offender reads the ToS and sees that hes not allowed to register is not like thats gonna stop him for making his account or try to talk with the support team " hey im a good person let me play your game "
    Off topic i know ....

No game company allows players to sell their accounts not bcz they dont make any money they already made the money from you and they would make alot more money if someone will keep playing on your account after u sell it thing is this is gonna cause alot of problems.
    And players will get scammed and they will return to BP to help them to get their accounts back and probably a whole lot more problems like these but i think money is not the reason they dont allow selling accounts

5. glesia

glesia Advanced

could be a very nice profit if i can sell my account and make anew one with the money i got. so its a win win for bigpoint if scammed just report it. selling accounts should be out in the open and not hiding things.

6. thuglifederp

thuglifederp Active Author

Yes it can be nice to make profit and i understand you for trying to sell your account to make some money but what is wrong with the person who buys it ?? Why would you buy a strong character ?? Isnt the reason to play games to have some good times ? Its alot of gun to start from 0 .

Dont get me wrong im not against selling accounts neither i support it, im w/e i dont really care about it all i know i would never buy a strong character but i would invest money in a character that i named it and started from 0

7. Anyki

Anyki User

You cannot sell your account because it is a violation of the T&Cs. Other players who have sold their accounts have also violated the T&Cs, and can be suspended if valid proof is brought forward. Valid proof should always be sent to support, and not posted on the forums however.

Any further questions should be directed through support or BP's legal department.

I am closing this thread since I am redirecting you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.