SERVER TRANSFER

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by ZeroooSkill, Apr 6, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

If the server transfer would be an option, would you use it?

1. YES

90.9%
  2. NO

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroooSkill

ZeroooSkill Forum Greenhorn

We can all agree that there are low populated servers.
    Players who suffer from not being able to find groups, guilds for PVE and finding PVP match can take really long time. For example it’s impossible for them to complete PVP quests. (3v3, 5v5, 6v6)
    I know many players who left the game simply because playing solo isn’t fun on their server.
    That is why i decided to create this post.

Here are some pictures proving that this is a real problem.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How would it work:
    It would work almost the same as Character Change - a player will pay a certain amount of money and then he will be able to switch 1 of his characters to a server he likes. (This ability will be blocked for next 3 months, so its not abusable).
    By switching your server you also give up on your nickname, which means that you will get an option to switch your nickname.
    Before switching the server you will also be able to check up on your latency on the certain server.
    This option would not affect the game balancing in any way.

Pros:

- Players that regret a server they has officially chosen can switch to a different server.
    - It would make servers such as Grimmag/Heredur even more populated. => PVP matchmaking will be much faster.
    - People can switch to a server where they have friends.
    - Players who left the game because of low population on their server might come back.
    - A pro for Bigpoint will be the fact that they can earn money by making this option paid.

Cons:

- The lower populated servers such as: Balor, Werian will be even less populated.
    - Latency could be an issue in PVP. (players will have to give up on their good MS in order to play on higher populated server).

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    oOKellueHazeOo, ÂGRÆL and λndseyne like this.
  2. napoli-sniper

napoli-sniper Forum Apprentice

i agree with you

λndseyne and ZeroooSkill like this.
  3. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello ZeroooSkill and welcome to DSO EN Forums. Good to see you!:) Now - about your post; believe me: many a times ideas similar to the one you describe in your post have been discussed in the Forums. Players have been asking for server merging or server migrating. All such proposals and ideas have been reported...and guess what? So far to no avail. I shall leave this thread opened for further discussion for now ...but something tells me that with the benefit of hindsight it will be quite pointless:)

kindest regards,
    Shine2

ZeroooSkill likes this.
  4. napoli-sniper

napoli-sniper Forum Apprentice

but werian is dead we want to move out of it

λndseyne and ZeroooSkill like this.
  5. λndseyne

λndseyne Forum Apprentice

I agree with this idea, we talked about that long time on discord, If it would work like this (when BP will profit) they should agree with this suggestion! Many players who are playing on active servers like heredur or grimmag dont know about this problem, on werian 3v3 and 6v6 matches are dead, you won't join there because there aren't players, we are not availible to finish our pvp quests and we didnt know 7 years ago that one day Werian/Tegan/Agathon become dead servers and there will be only 2 "main" servers. Tell me whaťs the point to play this game when we can't join to pvp? Even new players on this dead servers will stop soon cuz they can't find players or groups which would help them.

It's my 8th year on server Werian and I won't change server to start from 0 just only to farm again and find finally 6v6 or 3v3 match.

6. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

It almost looks like they don't know how to do it...

napoli-sniper likes this.
  7. oOKellueHazeOo

oOKellueHazeOo Regular

Lol im sorry but the dso team dont care about what the community have to say, They will continue to ignore the posts that are made (which can benefit the dso team in many ways) and continue to destroy their game that players once loved.

8. Square212

Square212 Someday Author

I think best idea is merger of some servers.. like a Heredur-Werian and Grimmag-Tegan... Because werian is dead server nobody reg 3v3 and 6v6..

9. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Everybody interested please read this thread started exactly 1 year ago (6th April 2018). Thank you for all your input. Like it was mentioned before - all these matters have been discussed several times before. This thread will be now closed;

-----Thread Closed----

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.