Setting dungeon difficulty?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Deefje, Dec 8, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

Hey so my friend reached 29 and is out of quests. I don't have this problem yet since I'm a farmer and farmed Loxley a lot for example for gear, also I was ahead of him a bit and so backtracked a lot killing extra mobs for his quests.

I read around in the interweb and noticed that it's normal from lvl 29 to 40 to not be able to level up every level through available quests. Fair enough.

However I saw this post in a topic containing this:
    (from a topic called: I ran out of quest at lvl 29 ... Now what?? | in the old board archives).

Since I'm looking for different things to farm as to not get bored this seemed like a great distraction from grinding hailstone mountains. However I can't find any way to put that dungeon on hard. Is this possible? Has this ever been possible? And if yes, how do I do it? :)

Further more, are there any other dungeons like loxley where there's like a 75% chance where the last boss (Arachna?) drops a blue or better?

Thanks for the help.

P.S I have seen the 'normal' or 'heroic' mode pop up on some instances with bosses only, but that's not what I mean. I'd like to do the entire dungeon at my own level.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

No, its not 'Hard', its "Parallel World". Which is harder than 'Hard'. lol
    To get to the Parallel Worlds you need to go to Watery Grave (Urban Area). Since you are in Hognis Mine you should know where Jarlshofn is. Go there. Way to the bottom of the map is the entrance to Ellonidos. At the dockyard of Ellonidos is the entrance to Watery Grave. There should be a quest near the entrance... quest holder is Captain Reed.

BUT...but, since you haven't done PWs before.. the only ones you can do are Ocean of Bones, Halls of the Dead, and Mortis... which are all connected with quests. You can only do Ocean of Bones until you finish the quests and unlock the next map Halls of the Dead... and do quests there to unlock Mortis. (the strongest boss in the game thus far)

The other PWs are locked. You need to finish a quest that requires killing Mortis to unlock them. At this moment the boss is very difficult but, according to Facebook and Twitter, he will be nerfed before Christmas.

Common Terminology:

Map 1, m1, OoB = Ocean of Bones
    Map 2, m2, HoD = Halls of the Dead
    Some people say q6 which is just Quest 6... or the 6th Parallel World and it usually means Ocean of Bones.

Illasarus likes this.
  3. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

yes indeed I heard about the Parallel worlds but that seemed to be end-game content rather than something to use to level on.

It seems that the post from the archives was baseless then it seems. I would have been a nice feature though... to do any dungeon at charlevel.

At least then I know I'm not missing something obvious. :)

4. TheInfamous

Well, it depends when this post was made. LOOOONG ago, there was a setting called "Difficult" for a lot of dungeons and it was something everyone used for leveling up. But that was before the Atlantis update.

And yes PW are more of endgame content rather than leveling. There are a lot of other things you could do that to level up way easier than PWs.

5. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

@TheInfamous
    Might be going off of my own topic. But Might you have any suggestions?

Besides:
    - Grinding a level appropriate dungeon/area
    - PvP (even though the xp is truly minimal)
    - anything that includes using realm shards

6. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

Find a group for the nearest boss to you (as far as levels go). One that you can farm fast like Khalys, Sigi or Gorga.

7. TheInfamous

You pretty much summed up every way to get exp. There are exp potions in the Shop. I really wouldn't suggest that, though, it's too expensive.

Or you can just get the 40 andermant Suprise Chests and hope you get some Fruit of Insight (actually, I'm not even sure you can get those from there anymore) The fruits give you +100% exp when killing monsters of your level. But you can get an amulet that gives +35% exp from those boxes.

Oh, right... quests. If you didn't do some quests you can go back to them but I wouldn't suggest this either as low level quests don't give much exp.

8. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Just a quick word about gaining XP in PvP. You can do pretty well in a 5v5 (CTF) match if you forget about the main objective of the match and find a situation where you can just rack up your body count ;) Of course in most matches you won't make many friends doing this. At times though I find myself in matches that are pretty much chaos (inexperienced players that really are not functioning as a teams anyway.)

I do this with my dedicated arena players if my fame level starts to get to far above my xp level (yeah I know this is backwards thinking to the masses of twinks out there but I have my reasons :cool:)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.