Suggestion Sigris PVE (Spellweaver)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by rogue07, Nov 2, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

As a newly end level geared and crafted SW, I still feel like I'm not contributing in boss fights as well as other team members such as Rangers, 2h Dragonknights and Steam mechs.

at mobs sure, but with other end level players, more often than not a singularity isnt needed and truth be told, even the largest mobs tend to die before I can put in my contribution with herald buff, etc. SWs have the highest combat prep time of all classes, and thats fine with me I guess. Since lately, I just run off from my team and clear another half of the dungeon, as it seems to be a better contribution.

ANYHOW, at bosses though, this is where me and even the strongest SWs fall short in comparison to every other class in there. reason is, low damage sustain. while end level rangers can use about 4 or so EA with buff, with a chance of no net cooldown while also having a low base cooldown anyway, rangers seem to just be better at everything lately. with thicket and net + arrow even the largest mobs die within seconds. and the EA armor break is more efficient as in the situation it requires no prep time and each impact is armor breaking by a flat 85% as compared to singularity where 80% is max and only happens at center or otherwise relatively less.
    in short: SW forte is supposed to be crowd control, but we're kinda 2nd to rangers. despite on character screen it says, spellweavers are best at it and on rangers "bad at dealing with hordes"

steam mechs, have an instant stun with a flat armor break also more efficient, less prep time and higher mobility.

2h DK dont have AoE armor breaks, but anyone with an end level DK will know there is no need for a DK to have an AoE armor break due to having the second highest mob clearance potential, due to raw power and health sustain.

so as you can see, in the current game where the devs are focusing on team balancing and PVE functionality, creating a more team based environment; as an MMO is supposed to be -- SWs are falling short in the meta. Yes, of course anyone is happy to have an end level player regardless of class in a team, but efficiency wise - in PVE SWs are in need of a buff.

I dont mind how little it is, be it damage wise or utility wise. say, perhaps make singularity cooldown shorter, about 10 seconds maybe or turn the 2nd upgrade in singularity to "reduce singularity cooldown by 33%"

alternatively, there are other work-arounds to this too. make sigris set work on bosses.
    just like rangers can proc their "mark" on bosses without making the boss suffer any control effects, make it work for SW chill effect too. make the boss immune to the slowing effect of ice missile, but can still be "chilled" therefore being able to use ice sphere and/or lightning strike more often. as the 5 mana regen per magic missile is not very efficient at bosses. yes it works, but not good enough. i mentioned this specifically because its extremely disappointing to have a set that is useless where its needed most. and SWs have a very dangerous/risky playstyle when using frozen sphere due to mid range. while rangers have 20% more hp than SWs on gear and gems, the entire purpose was because rangers have melee skills.
    But if you watched players running dungeons, 90% of the time, the only class closest to the tank is more often than not the SW. not the ranger. and if this can be implemented, SWs can finally stand at a safe distance and keep casting lightning with the sigris buff. as this is an absolute necessity for bosses like sigris, herald and mortis, but lightning sustaing is immensely difficult at bosses.

you see this has no effect in PvP. thinking about this carefully, none of these changes would bother PvP at all. and note that i am not complaining about other classes or asking for a nerf.
    what i want is for my class to be more useful and efficient in PvE.

since you guys are focusing on PvE balancing and team reworks, please look into this.
    if nothing else, if you cant at least bring back SWs as the best mob control class (as we were intended to be) then at least consider implementing the changes to boss/immune creatures i just mentioned -- I will stress once more, this has no effect on PvP and no reason for anyone to disagree with. As I would gladly welcome a change to every other class that makes them better in PvE just as i would with my own class.

PvP is not my concern, its just a break i take from farming, sure its fun and all but the real game is PvE, and we all know that for a fact. its an MMORPG not a MOBA.

I hope this gets a positive reception, as its just kind of sad feeling useless in a team of other end level players like me... I worked really hard to finish all my craft and gear, it just doesnt sit well with me feeling like I'm being carried by others in the team. I shouldnt need to run off and clear another half of the dungeon solo to feel useful in a team :/

p.s. at inf1-2 or even fatal, guardian is useless, in case anyone wants to mention it. reason? guardian is just too weak and dies too fast. but a mind controlled normal creature with the taunt upgrde is about 5 times tankier than the guardian and much more reliable. hence, why it's been a month or two since I've removed guardian from my build, and ive been much happier for it too lol.

in case anyone decides to make it subjective that im an end level player, here's some info about my SW.
    T5 herald set, fully crafted.
    T5 sigris set, fully crafted.
    T5 medusa neck, crafted.
    T5 mortis ring, crafted (missing one gold line, still working on that).
    T5 bearach belt, crafted.
    Dragan set, mixed t4-3 all crafted.
    Oh and the new khalys shoulders too, T5.

base dmg is 19.4k and 336% crit dmg (without herald buff)
    in need of bigger gems because im still a 10 month old player, and still hunting for a gold base herald staff, so I can reach about 21k base.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  2. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

when i play pvp i see the best players in the game are SWs they make most dmg and kills also super attack speed with ice misile, i dont see what other buffs u need at SW, when i play my lv50 SW in pvp i win most of the matches with lv 51 or lower

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.