So Many Spanish Players Rude?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Amend, Dec 16, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

Ok just to start, i do not speak Spanish very well. As i come to find out most of the players on Agathon server are spanish or Portuguese speaking. Lately I've been using Google translate to asks questions like "what wand is that" or ask how they got a certain item, and almost every time they start calling me "stupid" or "gringo" and some other foul things... I'm trying to make an effort to talk to these people and i even tell them "no hablo espanol muy bien" and continue to harass me. Being 15 and trying to make an effort to speak another language on server that should only be English (USA EAST[NOT WEST]) I shouldn't have to experience this
    Am I the only one experiencing this?

2. Torefas

Torefas Padavan

Keep cool man. There is always rude people everywhere. Don't waste your time on them, use your time with friends and nice people instead.

3. Talicni

Talicni Forum Connoisseur

That is discouraging for new players and also very sad, there are a lot of frustrated kids swearing every chance they get, try shutting them off, when you find some nice friends stick to them and try enjoying the game.

4. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

I know but i get so frustrated especially when i want to really know what that item they have is! @Torefas there needs to be a system implemented were you can check other peoples items and stats!

5. Talicni

Talicni Forum Connoisseur

There was such a suggestion but I am not sure it is gonna be done anything in that matter, if you find something you don't understand or want to ask (like for items) take a picture or something, ask here, there are a lot of players willing to make game more pleasant and easier for other players just in this game it's minority when it comes to those who speak english :p

6. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

Alright ill make sure to ask on the forums, your a big help @Talicni

7. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

You can just not speak to the rude ones. If you need help feel free to ask me. Theinfamous on Agathon server. Also, you can always check the wikia for info.

8. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

its just that i ask them simple questions and then they go on and insult me @TheInfamous and ill message you in game sometime to play :D

9. freewayfrank

freewayfrank Someday Author

if you ever need help you can whisper me anytime also

10. Ment4l

Ment4l Forum Greenhorn

you can ask them nicely to join pvp and the "whos laughing now ?"thingy should hapend:) , just ignore them

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ likes this.
  11. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

lol ment, you just made my day :D

12. Imperatrix.Inferna

Imperatrix.Inferna Board Analyst

Believe or not, we all have the same problems in all servers. As comrade Torefas said, there's unpolite people in all places. Specially on the Internet, some people think that being ducked behind a screen and a keyboard gives them kind of a shield.

I would like to tell comrade Amend that I am Spanish, sadly I must agree with him but luckily, not all Spaniards are the same. I am, and I am trying to be polite with everyone, trying to help, answering messages and respecting other players as well. Problem is that politeness never generates gratitude, we all know that. I do play in Heredur, but count on me if I can lend a hand, same than rest of nice people that contributed to this thread.

13. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

thats the trouble with most online games no age restrictions and id used..most are just grounded kids letting of their frustations from being grounded or bullied at school... makes them feel good to let it all out on a game... ignore them is best bet or just laugh at them jajajaja...

14. Ash

Ash Advanced

I commend you for making an effort to use a different language. I'm lucky that I speak English, a lot of Spanish, can get the gist of it in Portuguese, a smattering of Serb-Croation, and 4 words in Chinese.... so my friends circle is larger than most. ;)

There a a lot of immature children in the game. For some reason, I meet more older players that are English-speakers, whereas the Spanish and Portuguese tend to be the younger lot.

There is a lot of bravado, and don't think the rudeness is a language divide. I can understand what they say to each other and trust me it's a whole lot worse. They are also ready to pounce on anyone who says or does anything that can remotely resemble being a newbie.
    I was chatting to a Spanish speaker, older guy lvl45, who was saying how much he loathes the younger lot shouting 'noob' every chance they got.

No, this is a time zone, it does not mean it should only be English. It coincides with much of South America. It's only 5hrs difference from me in Europe, so in the early hours (mine) there are many Swedish, German, etc. Fortunately, Europeans tend to be multi-lingual.

I find the most English-speaking come on after 5pm east coast time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.