Spellweaver Tree Skill Set

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MortalcioXD, Aug 18, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MortalcioXD

MortalcioXD Forum Greenhorn

Hello, I am a beginner player and I would like you guys too help me because I don't really know in what I should add to do the most damage.

dre1335 likes this.
  2. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello and welcome to DSO EN Forum!:) Good to see you! We hope you'll have a great time in here and make cool friends! Now...any Spellweaver would like to write few ideas /hints for our new friend here? :) While we wait you could have a look at this thread: click! :)

kind regards

dre1335 and Shabono like this.
  3. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

This is what I have for PvE:

Magic Missile: 2 3 5
    Lightning Strike: 2 3
    Teleport: 3
    Chain Lightning: 2
    Destruction: 2 3 5
    Singularity: 2 3 5
    Meteor: 2 3
    Frozen Sphere: 2 3 5

The way I hunt is:

For regular creatures, it is mostly Chain Lightning and Magic Missile.
    easy Mini-bosses: Couple of Lightning strikes and then Magic missile
    Difficult Mini-bosses: Start with Singularity, then Destruction followed by Meteor, then finish off with some Magic Missiles
    Mobs: Destruction, repeat and when the mob gets thinner use Frozen Sphere
    Light mob with a mini-boss: Start with Singularity, then Destruction followed by Meteor, and then Frozen Sphere to kill them off
    Boss: Depending on the boss
    Grimmag: Lightning Strike and Magic Missile
    Arachna: Frozen Sphere
    Heredur: Lightning Strike (when not moving) and Magic Missile, and Destruction/Meteor when they are up
    Sigris: Frozen Sphere and Magic Missile

Shabono likes this.
  4. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I solo almost exclusively, so I use the following which works best for my playing style. I'm also at level 48 so I still get a few more points as I level up.

Magic missile 2-3
    Lighting strike 2-3
    Frost wind 2-3
    Chain lighting 2
    Guardian 2-3-5
    Destruction 2-3-5
    Singularity 2-3
    Mind control 2-3

One thing that I would highly recommend is following the example of how to build a SW used by cdeepal in this thread. It is what I am currently doing and works like a charm.

5. Kafael

Kafael Forum Greenhorn

Most of the parts of the game don't really need anything fancy, the only parts that I find a bit difficult to solo are melee bosses (vs ranged you can just dodge their stuffs, unless it's Khalys, Khalys just... kills you if you're a casual F2P...) and PWs.

For melee bosses I like going fireball, since lightning and frost sphere both kinda need relatively stationary targets and/or some kind of setup beforehand.

For PWs and harder zones Guardian (2 & 3, 5 optional), Singularity (5, 2 & 3 optional), and Mind Control (5, 2 & 3 optional) are really good in tandem. You summon your guardian, which taunts the enemies, then mind control, then singularity immediately after. Done properly, singularity will have no CD, and it will reset the cds of mind control and guardian — so as long as your guardian doesn't die (spam frost wind to keep it alive) you have a permanent personal tank. It's pretty decent for soloing and with higher attack speeds, the mind control buff gets better and better.

Oh, almost forgot but there are some specific monsters where you can't use guardian but you can use CC (parallel world DK) and for those I like going 1 hand with really fast attack speed and use chain lightning (2,3,5) and lightning (2,5) along with perma singularity with mind control. You can perma... well not perma stun but since he's so slow from singularity you can interrupt attack animations for forever with this.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Shabono likes this.
  6. Nostradamus88

Nostradamus88 Active Author

my advise is to test a lot for your own. try everything in the skill tree, that is the only way to choose what to use at the right moment

Shabono likes this.
  7. anolajen

anolajen Someday Author

guardian = good early and in painful pw .... next to useless in higher difficulties if he taunt he dies instantly because his hp doesnt scale at all but monster damage output significantly grow with difficulty usually you can use mind controld enemy as guardian with much better hp + freeze all around if he dies

destruction = waste of points it has extremely long cast time that isnt reduced by attack speed this can easily kill you as you cannot cancel it and get locked immobile ad get for example grimmags faster destruction in return + you can launch 3-4 spells instead with similar or better damage .... use meteor instead = normal cast slightly lower dmg and apply q7 buff

for DK ... its actually one of few places where is guardian good even in higher diff ... yes knight control it but if you MC guardian back immediately its yours + dk can be controled / slowed singularity basically sitting duck with armor break for 8s +-

singularity + mc is highly abusable btu be careful not to focus on it too much especially solo standing in it can easily kill you

for chain lightning ... its good to respec some points if you plan to farm weak monsters ... otherwise useless stun is nice but single target damage very low essence consumption high ( 66% dmg for 2ess compared to magic miss 100% dmg 1 ess) monsters that can be controlled usually dont bother you anyway

lightning strike - outdated skill made obsolete by frozen sphere yes sphere is extremely bugged now but lightning strike damage sucks for moving targets or aoe damage as it deal max damage only in tiny middle spot and severely reduced around also q4 set is lying you ( increasing damage by 17% not 50%)
    so even bugged sphere outdamage it for less mana

khalys ... well only reason to go there is to farm cores and you can do this on normal ... thats doable solo even with like 30% res 15k hp so you can alive some homing projectiles from her .... +catch most of them by guardian placed between you and her everything else is avoidable by moving .. still this isnt fight for mages unless you outclass her because you deal reduced damage on max range and cannot get close

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.