(Splendid Durian) Set question.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by bLaind, Jan 3, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I have a question about this... or actually about all sets with 7 parts: since there are bonuses only for wearing 6 parts, is the there a point in wearing all 7 of them?
    I finally completed the set yesterday after getting the gauntlets and the shield, but the shield sucks big time compared to the one that I have for almost 10 levels now... So, am I right in not using the shield, or is there a bonus that I can't see (note that I'm a newbie even tho I'm almost level 30... i.e. I found out just yesterday that you can use your skill points on all sub-skills and not just one :D )?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Durian set is an ok set but legendaries are better.

lenzellezar likes this.
  3. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Splendid Durian pieces are currently the drop of the week. I even get them for my level 50.
    I'd rather have level 50 uniques to complete the sets already started. For some players the PW sets are coming together.

What will be hot stuff for next week's drops?

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The Splendid Durian items are not "so unique" ... if we consider the drop rate. They drop more often than a green items.
    Regarding the OP's question:
    You can use any 6 items ... but they will become obsolete very fast ...
    Don't bother finding good equipment until the level 40+.

5. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Often than green items?... Are you high?
    I do have green items better than the durian, but with the bonuses they come closer to each other, and without or less gem slots the green items lose to the Durian.
    The drop rate is ok since it's a set for beginners.
    Since none answered my question i guess it doesn't give any extra bonus for wearing all seven, so I guess I'll go with the best items and discard the weaker ones.
    "Don't bother finding good equipment until the level 40+"? That's like saying "don't bother playing until level 40+". Items drop by themselves you have no saying in that matter, and doing what you suggested just kills the fun in the game.
    As a sidenote, I found a shield of slaughter and that too sucks compared to the legendary shield that I use since lvl 20 (I'm lvl 31 now).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    motorola11 likes this.
  6. trakilaki

Yes I am high.
    You are talking about the item's quality not the drop rate.
    Maybe it is OK for beginners ... but not a single unique item is dropping on a rate of ordinary item but these "splendid items". Try getting a real unique item and you will spot the difference.
    You don't read ... the answer is there
    that means you can use only 6 items for the bonus ... there is no bonus for the seventh item.
    Again wrong assumption. If you are not willing to listen ... why ask in the first place?
    While you level up you get what you get on your way up ... but you will go up faster than finding a good item. And if you do find a good item ... it will become obsolete very fast.
    The other thing is ... you don't need good items to progress until level 40+. You can play with any level 10-20 item until level 40 and you can kill the monsters very easily.
    Check this out!
    Once you start playing level 40+ maps your progress will slow down and you will need a better gear to survive.

7. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

You should've said that from the beginning.
    Your wrong. The proof is the shield that I use since lvl 20... No other shield, from magic to unique that I've found, surpassed the stats of that one.

8. trakilaki

OK ... if you say so. :D

Rhysingstar likes this.
  9. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Now that's just funny.

Trak is 100% correct. You can pretty much run the lower maps with just green gear and still get through them. Until you hit Temple Sector there is little point in worrying about gear drops for pve purposes.

10. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Then... Your gameplays must be pretty boring.
    Why do you even bother playing?

11. KellueéHazé

KellueéHazé Junior Expert

Omg, You don't need good gear until a event comes on, OR your doing PVP, but otherwise until lvl 40+ you donnt need good gear, infact you don't need good gear until lvl 45+ because Lor'tac is a pain in the EDIT>.>

Last edited by moderator: Jan 7, 2016
  12. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I'm waiting for someone to suggest a naked playthru...

13. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I understand your concerns.
    The game has many aspects and the way you play would be different depending on whether you will do PvP or PvE.

First you need to realize your goal. Most common goals that other people have are:

1. Level to 50 as soon as possible and then do whatever.
    2. PvE only, but level slow while making your character strong.
    3. PvP and PvE keeping a balance, making your character strong as you level.
    4. PvP only from the beginning

Depending on your goal how it aligns to the above, the advice would be different.

Most here who have replies assumed your goal is number 1 above, so for that you don't need to worry about finding good gear, trust me, just anything you wear (even green) as you find them while doing quests is good enough to get you to level 40.

If that is not your goal and if your goal is something else, please state, so people can help you with that.

14. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

^ I have no goal whatsoever, I'm just trying to enjoy my first MMO (not really RPG, since there's no actual plot).
    I have no plans for PvP so far.
    What's the thing with lvl 50? Is it the leveling limit or what?

15. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

It is the current maximum level.

16. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Naked pvp was suggested months ago. Probably buried in the forums somewhere.

17. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Yes it got lost in the design phase at BP when the devs were doing Role play testing in the offices.

silverseas and Darwarren like this.
  18. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Ok, so since this is your first MMORPG. There are few key points that you should understand.

Level 50 is the maximum level but that doesn't mean your voyage ends there.
    To the contrary that is just the beginning.
    After getting the maximum level, you will be farming dungeons to improve your gear.
    The difference between a player who just reached level 50 and someone who has played for over several years is huge.
    Not everyone likes PvP, you can register for a match and see if you like the taste of it. If not and if your cup of tea is PvE, that is perfectly fine.

19. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Reminds me when we had the naked female characters bug... still don't get why the developers even gave the naked characters nipples.

20. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Biological accuracy?

I have a PvP question, so I'll ask here.
    Okay... 1vs1 and 3vs3, there's no rocket science there, but on capture the flag and conquer the Fortress... Now, the ones that play constantly have probably figured out the best strategies. But the newbie me can't figure them out. So I've played just once capture the flag, but couldn't figure out their strategy, and they were probably laughing at me and my attempts. So, what's the main strategy for capture the flag?
    And the storm the Fortress seems a little complicated. The description doesn't cover everything. I haven't played it yet, but seeing someone else... The 2 sides doesn't seem the same, one has towers the other has a car or something and some bombs or kamikaze things. Can somone explain it to me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.