Summer Bags or Jewel Chest

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Talbor, Jul 28, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

I have 1020 Solar Coins left after buying one of the 1k jewel chest & got a crappy jewel of swiftness. I bought about 8 of the bags at the beginning, but just got frags mainly & nothing else good. Events like this seem to be the only way I'm going to get jewels, so I'm not sure what the odds of getting a jewel out of 25 summer bags would be or if I should risk 1 more jewel chest instead? What do you guys think?

trakilaki likes this.
  2. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Commissioner

To me it feels like certain accounts are doomed.
    I know people who got gem+ingredient jewel from 30 bags, while i got nothing out of 98 bags but essence, ips and some cores.

Personaly on the edge of quiting the game till they make these items easier obtainable. These 2 items make being/becomming endgame so much more efficient that its just no fun if you dont have them, but the people you play with do.
    I helped level up a guy couple weeks ago. So hes new player; he got ingredient jewel from first time he goes there for quest. And from this event he manage to get another one + a gem jewel.

Its account based, i dont care what devs or other people say. If you dont get it within couple chests/bags...you most likely never get it.

I feel like an idiot having support this game with premiums/deluxes :\

3. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

I feel like accounts are weighted to have more or less "luck" to. My 2 lvl 29 & 30 characters got the cheeky monkey on their first run in that endurance game & pretty nice stuff fishing, but did get anything worthwhile from all my runs on my main char. I'd be happy to just get a good useful jewel, like that ingredient one, instead of the 2 crap ones I got so far. It's pretty aggravating since the tickets & poles are so overpriced for the rewards given.

I've not bought premium anymore either since I started back.

4. RantNRave

RantNRave Someday Author

the bags have a frequency of around 5-10% for a jewel chest..and around 1% for the direct jewel, they are a good buy for 40 solar coins but not something id invest money into, RNG has dinstinct way to murphy's law you.

I agree that certain accounts are doomed, the progress manipulation through jewels like gem+, combined with premium/deluxe, is enough to either keep your toon deadlocked for months, or seeing progress weekly.

30 bosses / hour 5-8 gems = at least 3k dust
    30 bosses / hour 10-13 gems = at least 6k dust
    60 cubes from premium / 120 from deluxe after the last cube patch for bosses + 2-6k dust and ander.

while there are plenty of variables, the same instances of the same action but having gem+/prem/deluxe, is pretty astronomical with almost quadruple gains for the same time spent. Unfortunately, bad RNG and length between events with jewels could keep this going forever.

This game has never offered any remedy to it which is stupid. You chain rising hero with friends or you suffer.

cant buy jewels directly for any currencies (premium day jewel chests 33k ander)
    few jewel chests out of events, anni progress, rising hero, summer jewel chest and 2 in vendor, and summer bags.
    PW jewels frankly dont drop, and drop rate should be increased.
    I hate grift bags for $$, but i like them when they're added in events for free / play

getting duplicate jewels should be eliminated until you've got them all. Theres no reason a person can RNG 30+ jewel chests over 2+ years to never get certain ones, that is just griefing players.

5. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Well, I ended up buying 26 of the summer bags. I did get 2 jewel chest from those & the Hachi dog. The rest was frags, bunch of random essence, steam cores & solar coins. The only gem that looks decent from those chest was the gem of fortune. It drops 1 extra gem from bosses, so not sure on that one. Now I regret spending the first 1k coins on the first jewel chest, lol. The pet seems cool though once I'm strong enough to farm without my other pet bonuses I currently need (attack speed or crit).

6. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Thank you for the detailed info! I completely agree with them needing to increase the odds for jewel drops in PW. At the pace we get jewels now I don't see ever being able to upgrade any which is disheartening.

I don't think I've ever played Rising Hero before, but I play solo & feels like we're pushed/forced into giving in to start grouping. I'll keep slugging along & hopefully not get too bored, lol.

Thanks again for the replies :)

7. RantNRave

RantNRave Someday Author

gem fortune is the best jewel hands down (upgraded to purple/legendary), and hachi dog is even more OP, good rng :D

PW drops distinctly different jewels from chests, like rage, relentless, focus, class jewel, the drop rates are terrible, like beyond terrible 1/1k or worse. Heck im not even sure they even drop all jewels thats how little sample size there is lol.

8. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

Awesome, I didn't even think about the upgraded version of it even though I don't know how long it'll take to get it there, but at least it's a start :)

Do you happen to know if jewels can drop from the abandoned chest & the magic chest (5 lockpicks)? That's the only ones I open now. I assumed the odds are better with opening 20 chest vs 1 of the legend chest.

9. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

You don't need it active all the time. All you need is to buy a second hotkey bar, use the settings to map your 2 hotkey bars to some keys (I use the function keys on my keyboard). Shove your new hachi dog, and the cute doggy, and whatever other pet you normally use on there. After you kill a boss or open a bunch of blood chests, all you do is
    1. Swap hotkey bar
    2. Trigger pet to pick up stuff
    3. Swap back to original pet
    4. Swap back to regular hotkey bar

10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I bought exactly 36 bags (40x solar coin) from Gnob ... since that was the limit.
    Out of those 36 bags I got 3x Jewel Chests and 2x Ingredient Jewels :)
    [​IMG]
    I only need to upgrade one of them to legendary.
    There is one older thread (search the forum I am time limited ATM) where we were discussing this topic. Baragain and I were arguing drop rates from chests ... I gave the example of the Fairy Wand , since back then it could be only crafted and the parts were collectable from daily chests.
    I have shown in that thread with multiple examples with different toons and accounts how to increase your chances of getting something from chests. Drop from mobs is a different topic ... but my method is working with this kind of chests and drops.
    I couldn't get the jewel from that stinky cave so I got 2 of them from these 36 bags :)

I have the jewel but it is overrated!
    The additional gem drops are lower tier gems ... I rarely get even royal gems on Bloodshed.
    The drops are lower than the bottom. They increased the gem rarity and lowered the drop rates.
    With each release they are lowering the drop rates even more ... at the end I guess we would get to the old DSO drop rates when we were collecting Flawed and Splintered gems :D
    I am using one really powerful and useful hack.
    I put pets on "favorite items" page in collectors bag ... whenever I need them, I open the page and activate/deactivate the pet :D

AndJustice4All and CiscoNetPlus like this.
  11. CiscoNetPlus

CiscoNetPlus Exceptional Talent

Trakilaki, which pet should I place to have a better chance of getting Jewels from chests?

12. trakilaki

None :)
    Usually, I am getting good drops when putting my feet in a bowl full of cold salty water and chamomile :D
    Read the other thread I was referring to in the previous post, in order to get the picture.

AndJustice4All likes this.
  13. RantNRave

RantNRave Someday Author

Progress or depending on what you do in game is variable, i could see ingrediant hunter being useful for certain times, end game gem farming with gem+, 5 focus jewels for 0s cooldowns, and overall jewel of rage from event / pw chest as being a great jewel forever (topping up crit, and boosting stacks for battle anger a ton faster). If one cant do bosses great or have the dust/jewel count to upgrade it, or slaying bosses on lower difficulties, then yes, its kind of crummy to have.

even to say +5 gems drop on merciless, and lets say all are simple (not true, ive still seen plenty of instances of all polished / radiant although much rarer), bosses are permanent 5+5 and sometimes the gear drops alternates to gems, so its possible to get up to 13.
    obtaining a bonus dust count of 20~300 per boss, isn't exactly small beans for nothing more than having it equipped.
    While chaining bloodchests is an equally better alternative i still find both instances to be similar, i can do bosses solo, i can do bloodchests 3x solo, otherwise i need friends to group and the dynamics/speed change a bit. bloodchests are much better, but sometimes running PW bosses is an unfortunate reality of end game, especially if you cant get focus jewels, you run out of prowess keys, or can't run bloodchests properly.

The gem quality boss drops as far as im concerned since DL has always been the same junk. both merciless and bloodshed follow what i would "guess" is the 50/30/10/5/2/2/1% rates. yes 90% of the time you see lower tier, hitting flawless / sacred / royal on merciless are low, likewise with bloodshed, sacred, royal, trap, and pw refined trap on merciless, is even worse than 1%.
    As far as i can see theres been no nerf to this, its always been piss poor. the only changes that were implemented were in the random bags, to include higher chances of rubies, zircons, onyx, which is noticable. The rarity of drops has never been changed from other sources, despite what they led you believe in one of the recent patches. In fact my gem pages have always been 1/4 stack size on these compared to other "common" gems well before this change, and still today. Theres been zero increase to drop rates, or drop quality, or quality color.

You might not be me, but having killed 7k+ bosses throughout prowess keys, PW fast travels, and all event bosses, (no dtu sadly), ive still managed to scrub 500k+ shiny dust from this jewel alone. Alternately if you never do bosses, then it would never make up for its upgrade costs, then its trash.
    Where this jewel really shines, is DTU, 4 blood bosses on repeat x infinty, the gains are ridiculous.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  14. FAALHAAS

Happy for you, but it also kinda proves my point. I know quite allot of people who got multiple gems from 20-36 bags....good for them. But its making me sick I dont even get 1 outof almost 100 bags :(

I will be inactive till they make ingredient/gem jewel easier to get, cus like I said. Its so much more efficient when we all need to farm legend ingredients for mortis elixers.
    Almost everyone I play with got them, except me. So I allready know how annoying and time consuming its going to be compared to the lucky ones who do have those jewels.

This event did give me little bit of hope and since i had lots of anders I could buy both maxed, but nooooooope. So since i didnt get them now, I know I will never ever get them.

My luck in this game always been super bad. Took me 18 months of daily trying to get 4 plat lines on weapon...just to name something :)

Im out

15. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

True, except you'll always be annoyed by the pets moving around if you ever decide to shuffle what's part of your "active" panel of collector's bag items, which apparently I do every time I change my transmogs. -_\

16. trakilaki

What all this has got to do with the drop rate?
    Your playing style and gear selection is your personal preference. Your class selection is your personal preference.
    I have maxed out cooldown runes(now jewels) since long time ago and my skill cooldowns are not 0 :)
    The fact that I am not playing SW and I am not playing with certain gear and not using 2H weapon has got nothing to do with drop rates.
    This is irrelevant too. Just because some events or maps have high number of bosses per run doesn't make the drop rate any higher or lower.
    Like I said playing style and preferences are not connected with drop rates.
    Nowhere I said the rarity of gems from drop has been changed ... I was saying the Gem Rarity in the game has been increased but in same time the drops has been made crap. Royal gems used to be cap tier but now they are not ... that was I referring to.

And here comes the key point
    This is absolutely incorrect!
    Not just the drops has been changed but they were changed multiple times in various ways.
    I find your statement rather disingenuous or maybe you were not playing the game back then (which I doubt).
    Anyone playing the game since Dark Legacy remembers drops of Refined Trapezoids and Trapezoids. We were getting few trapezoids and a lot of royals on Merciless difficulty .. and getting Refined Trapezoids at least once in 2-3 runs.
    What is the drop now?
    You would be happy if you get Flawless Gem after a Top Tier PW Boss fight on Bloodshed in 10 kills.
    Are those not lowered drop rates?
    Yes they are! Gem drop has been nerfed down both in quantity and quality. And that is an undeniable fact.
    You don't need drop rate numbers announced by the devs ... you only need your eyes.
    10x polished + 5 Radiant + 1 Flawless gems is not equal to 10 sacred + 5 royal + 2 Trapezoid + 1 Refined Trapezoid gems per full run.
    Not to mention the other sources of gems have been nerfed down too ... like in example the Daily Rewards.
    I remember playing at least one PvP battle every day because of the 7th reward ... which was usually Trapezoid or Royal gem.
    I can hardly remember when was I last time playing for the 7th daily reward ... since the reward nowadays is usually Unbelievable 2K GoPs or white chest. Getting a Polished Gem on 7th slot or god forbid Royal gem once a year is the Jack Pot nowadays :D Polished gem :D no thanks I won't spend time playing for a stinky polished gem, they can take it back and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Being a no-lifer and playing 24/7 or playing just 1 hour a day has got nothing to do with drop rates.
    I don't have to convince people ... they already know it is true and the drops were much much better compared to the current drop rate.

You will get it. I am sure they will make it progress bar reward in one of the following events ;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  17. RantNRave

RantNRave Someday Author

Uhh what, nice way to pick apart everything and talk nonsense and not directly related about this jewel. The debate was jewel of gem fortune and about it being overrated. Let me clarify that this jewel out of the jewel chest is, imo better than the other 11. If you mean out of the summer bags, my follow up statement was that there are better jewels available that are better, for however you play explaining why, which i'll agree there are better jewel options. This was for talbor who got this jewel out of the jewel chest, but a broad statement for bags in general.

you just are flat out wrong with most said here, additional gems are random, not lower tier, if this was true, you would always have 5 bottom tier, and is very easy to test on merciless / bloodshed. drops cannot be lower than bottom, just the bottom. Each release? again, no. If DL drops were that good in the first few months, fine, they were nerfed hard then, but since ive recorded drops the last year, they are the same crap rates, as i posted above. Thats not me being untruthful, thats bigpoint screwing up and griefing drops that USED TO drop better.
    (my own data suggests 32%/42%/16%/6%/<1%/<1%/<1% in bloodshed, worse in PW, still again 90% junk)

I cant believe I even have to explain that +5 gems is better than +0, regardless even if they all simple/normal on merci/blood. (they're not), Even DTU, +20 gems or +0 gems a run, hmmm big brain decision making here, I cant figure out which is better. is 20 more than 0?
    Really, dtu event doesnt matter, please, tell me you kill 4 bosses back to back in such quick succession. only for the very strong, and many fast travels.
    Crying me a river cause your not getting +20 flawless or better.. good grief, there does need to be some balance, but to the extreme at which it currently is at is pathetic too, big point is clueless.

when all you can do for character growth is upgrade gems end game, any method of getting extra shiny dust is better than zero. While this jewel doesnt increase the quality or rarity, you still get more random drops from bosses effectivly increasing it 2x or half as many total bosses to cap gems. I dont care how they used to drop, or how they dropped 8 years ago or how you think BP changes it every update. Bottom line is, does this jewel give a larger benefit to character growth than the most of the other jewels.. the simple answer is yes.
    Does this jewel make or break a character if RNG out of chest or bags bones you like faalhaas posted? it sure does make bosses through every event, pw farm, less than ideal, forcing you to bloodchest farm only for the best progress.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    FAALHAAS likes this.
  18. FAALHAAS

Yea sure, maybe in the year 2025 haha, but honestly doubt that they ever going to be in any event bar in future. They lost me as a customer, simple as that. Im just tired of it. Feels like im goin to a restaurant and me and friends all order same dinner, they all get a nice plate of great 5 star food and they serve me a plate of shit.

These +5 gems and ingredient jewel are allot more powerfull/efficient than you say and its just complete BS they put these items in RNG bags.

19. trakilaki

That is what I am talking about and I didn't say you lie ... but like you want intentionally not to remember :)
    And this one is the other thing that we come to same terms :) so we agree on both my points.
    You are talking from a point of a new developing character ... yeah in that case few extra normal or polished gems are useful. The other thing is you are also talking from a point of someone who is living in the game. Those who are gangbang accounts and those who play 24/7 don't even need extra drops. The ingredient Jewel is much more useful because it is useful for casual players too. But for ganbangers and no lifers there is no difference ... just like this new LB jewel for infernal frags is useless . Why? Because it will be rewarded to no lifer or a gangbanger ... they have huge amount of infernal frags that they can't even spend even without this jewel. :)

Let me fix the term for you
    P for Pseudo.
    Things are not random in games ... there is a reason why gambling and gambling items in games like those new $ Chests and Bags were banned by law. They make money with them, the loot from them is not meant to be random but to lure you into more spending.
    The "randomness" is determined by algorithm which is being kept as company secret.
    Let me show you the "randomness"
    These are 2 different toons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On 3 different toons, this is the loot from the booked 15 bags from the other day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I did open those bags on 2 more toons ... the first one got the Jewel of Fortune and the other one just 2 Jewels Chests.

BTW why were these 15 bags per toon booked? There is no info.

20. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

I'm not sure that's true, gambling is usually permitted by law since it has massive financial gains, would you happen to know which law regulates it? I could not find much about it.