Tegan, the ghetto server

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by silverseas, Feb 15, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Tegan has always been the smallest, least populated server since I started playing. People have always come and go, but recently, it feels like it's mostly just going. The wave of Err23/failed to connects a few days ago made the smallest server feel even quieter than usual. The fact that this issue dragged on for days without resolution is probably irked me more than anything.

A lack of truly appealing content means that events don't even draw in the crowds it used to. It used to be that events was the one thing that would make Tegan lively again, even if it was just the routine old moon events. But SG was a total flop, and this Time event is pretty much promising to be the same. There are moments where I can walk through that urban area for the Time event, and see nobody at all. And it's not because I'm on a separate instance; I'm on the only instance there is, and there's no one else there, at all.

With the exception of KH and Cardhun, the other urban areas are permanent ghost towns, with a handful of people who are leveling going through them. Even as far as regular old farming goes, there's probably only ever a dozen groups spanning all levels visible in Cardhun at any one time during peak hours. Even after trying to account for invisible groups, there is one undeniable fact: there just aren't a lot of people online.

At the end of the day though, I still enjoy DSO, and the company of the handful of friends who remain. That said... if server moving is implemented, Tegan might need to shut its doors for good.

2. LordDefiant

LordDefiant Forum Apprentice

well said, i think the best way is to allowed players to switch servers for lets say 10 euro or to merge servers with agathon, im waiting for one of those options , and waiting

3. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Tegan's a dead horse, it's just not official yet.
    Agathon and the rest aren't far behind.

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Here's hoping that they just merge Tegan and Agathon into a mega server... I'd love to have some new, talented English speakers to group with.

Troneck86 and -HARRA81- like this.
  5. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Beginning with 155, there has been a steady exodus on Tegan. The days of watching people looking for groups going off to Mortis or Kahlys are gone. Cardhun rarely has 20 or more people at any given time and few are really looking to group up to do anything. It really is sad to see, but BP doesn't seem to get it or care at all. Now that they are so focused on the Asian market, I expect it will only get worse. Merging Tegan with Agathon sounds great, but I wonder if anyone with end game characters will be left on Tegan by the time it happens.

Troneck86, Darwarren and _Baragain_ like this.
  6. ToshiBoy

ToshiBoy Someday Author

Tegan has always been empty. And it is emptier than it has been. But it's not just Tegan. The other servers are also losing players. Perhaps it's to do with new markets or any of the reasons above. I believe it all began when Bigpoint stopped listening to the players. PvP became unplayable, then they cut under < 20s from playing events. And then, all the events become money grabbers. Once upon a time, events were great, because you could play them for free. But now... well, look at this current one. You need 100 of those ashes per level. Running the Ocean of Bones/HOD combo yields between 15-25 of them, so I need to run it 4-7 times before I gain one entry to one of the levels. Now, that I have only the mine left it's 150, so up to 10 runs before I get one entry into the mine. Oh, I know, I can just spend 1500 andermant to get in... which is the idea. End bosses not having the revive, and requiring 120 Andermant to revive is the same thing. Where is the point in that, if it isn't to draw more money out of people's pockets? But let's not stay there. Let's have an overall look at the industry. When DSO started, there were maybe 5-10 good MMORGs out there. Now, there are millions. All competing for your dollar. In the end, it all comes back to BP making a profit. They're no charity. And it's a fine balance between encouraging players to make money and discouraging players from playing.

7. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

The first event I remember was the one where you could get that little fat flying dragon that gave 5% HP. It was the first pet if I recall. That event was pretty much impossible to finish without paying. Not to mention the first Helios Games (although that at least got PvP active on Tegan back in the day). BP has never truly listened to the players.

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  8. eedman86

eedman86 Junior Expert

Whats your point exactly? How does one person not wanting to group with you affect the stability and population of the server? I'm sure there are more people on other servers who prefer to play alone. By your logic they should all be as small as Tegan now.

draco994 likes this.
  9. Rhysingstar

Now the other way works, the smaller the population gets, the less grouping will happen.

As to why some don't group often (myself included) is that DSO punishes grouping. Honestly it is easier to go solo than carrying someone through the maps or constantly being begged to block for the twinks.

10. Kiwigal1244

Kiwigal1244 Active Author

Well I am not surprised you don't get the point.... because you missed it big time.. It has NOTHING to do with who or how many one is grouped with. I also group with one person 100% of the time. Difference is ... I spend 95% of my time logged into DSO. So see and experiance the absence of players on line.

FACT: The fun times of TEGAN events .. no longer get me excited as it once did. Farming for drops that have diminished leaving one frustrated and bored.

I to would love to see something positive from Big Point.. starting with *Listening * to the players. This could be the BEST MMORG game ever if they did.
    Feed back and communication is ALL important for success.

By the way Lazerius. If you ARE in our guild, would appreciate personal comments about a respected Guild player be left out of post please

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    draco994 and eedman86 like this.
  11. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

just ask :)

draco994 likes this.
  12. Lazerius

Lazerius Forum Apprentice

It does affect the validity of any complaint about "Tegan the ghetto server." Why does it matter how many people are on if you only ever play with one person? Why aren't you willing to encourage more people to play by allowing them to group with you? I'm not the only one in the guild who shares this sentiment...

No, the difference is that you're still willing to allow others in your group to encourage them to have fun together, which makes more people willing to log on and play. That's behavior that helps, instead of complaining without action.

Asking definitely works with you (thanks :)), but not necessarily with others.

The point is that we individually can take more action to encourage an active, lively Tegan community instead of simply asking that something be done about it.

d34th1yhallows and draco994 like this.
  13. Rhysingstar

I get your idea, but you're missing the whole point of the original statement. Players aren't leaving because they can't find a group, they are leaving because DSO is purposely ignoring desired requests, constantly adding garbage that no one wants, and pushing releases full of bugs. All of this on top of adding more and more mindless grinding to every possible event.

EhtovK, Kiwigal1244 and draco994 like this.
  14. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

We probably have a long wait. I know from reading this thread posted a while back that moving servers was something being worked on. That said, BP is notorious for pushing back features.

Tegan + Agathon = Tegathon? :p Or perhaps we should do it the other way and make it Agategan? ... All right, I'll stop with the portmanteaus. :x

Indeed. Considering that 6 atriums + Watery Grave was essentially mushed together to form one giant Cardhun, and Cardhun has less activity than the old OoB atrium, this is exactly what I feel.

[EDIT]

Kiwigal1244 and eedman86 like this.
  15. Kiwigal1244

Kiwigal1244 Active Author

It is my job as an Officer in the guild to help others Lazer. However ..there are times when I DO NOT want to group with anyone else.
    To say that "the problems are because we do not want to group". is ludicrous.

No one is obliged to group with guildies. We are here to ENJOY ourselves, freedom to do what we choose, and not be dictated by others to group with them.. And as Rhysingstar says.. Players aren't leaving because they cant find a group..

Personally I feel that you have targeted one person because she has choosen to play the game her way and not include you.

16. [​IMG]

Play nicely, kiddies. Let's all lighten up and get this thread back on track, M'kay?

Kiwigal1244, ekant1992 and eedman86 like this.
  17. ehrence8191

ehrence8191 Forum Apprentice

Totally agree, aside from Kingshill and Cardhun, the other urban areas are literally ghost town (which is a good place to hide or get away from people) Putting that aside, I've only played dso roughly around 4-5 months, and every event gets me excited especially if the event is something new to me. But lately events... well... lets just say it was disappointing. Everyday, the players dwindle and just a few people comes online and does absolutely nothing other than just stand there in town looking pretty. Pvp is mostly dead. Drops are horrible. Wish they would speed things up with the merge to get this server 'oll lively and stuff.

On the happier note :) :)
    I like this server no matter how small it is. Met really nice people and very good pvp players.

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  18. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Players are playing the game to have fun ... they are not obligated to help the other players whatsoever. They should play with whoever they like. Helping others is OK ... but everything has limits.

Regarding the Tegan issue ... you can't put the blame only on BP. The players have their part too.
    Why is this not happening on Grimmag and Heredur i.e.? Because the European players have totally different approach and culture.
    They are not looking to play only with the players who speak their language ... but they are rather open and willing to play with anyone who is nice as a person.
    Language barrier has a great impact on American servers. English language being used world wide has a positive sides ... but also has downsides.

motorola11 and Dylannn like this.
  19. Rhysingstar

I'm sure that there is some truth to that, but personally I noticed a huge drop off right after 155. So many players were unhappy with the nerfing and haven't played since. Subsequent nerfings caused others to quit. In the past couple of weeks as more and more bugs have entered the game, more left and they were quite vocal about it. These last two events didn't help much either.

My friends list has basically turned into a memorial of past players and this isn't because of language barriers. Even I have played less and less, because it has become a chore instead of fun. The few good things that have been added since 155 are far outweighed by the bugs and garbage that no one wants being forced upon us. I know that I'm sick of hearing we're listening only to have player requests ignored over and over.

Just look at the announcements this week, another day another apology for things not working. Games are supposed to be fun, not frustrating.

20. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Of course ...
    But there is a catch ... who knows maybe the fact that the servers have been actually ran by two different companies has part in it. You can see it in the EU and US T&C .

motorola11 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.