Terrifying Shadows: Is this happening with other players too?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by EriduSerpent, Aug 29, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. EriduSerpent

EriduSerpent Forum Apprentice

Okay so I have been collecting shadow portal fragments, but oddly there are NO part 4's.
    So is this so we spend 6000 andermant on a full shadow portal?
    I mean come on be EDIT fair, do you really think doing the same task over and over is fun?
    [​IMG]

DK start giving a EDIT about your players! AND DO NOT EDIT THAT BECAUSE IT IS ALREADY EDITED ENOUGH.

I am disgusted by the way the creators/owners are just not even trying to pretend to give a damn. NOT ONCE have I read a reply or comment from them regarding players questions, suggestions or complaints. Forum admin seem to just help them sweep it under the rug!
    I think maybe every player should consider a total boycott day, or two. See if that gets us anywhere, revenue loss is a great motivator!

Last edited by moderator: Aug 29, 2021
    edrogers58 and tozagol like this.
  2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

This is not just happening to you; it's an intentional design. My ratio of portal pieces is similar to yours:

1. 27
    2. 22
    3. 2
    4. 0
    Bear in mind, however, that there are some Sir Hardy's quests give you a completed portal, although only one of them is repeatable. Prepare to make numerous runs in Stillwater Bay at Night. You'll be completing that repeatable quest, as well as eventually dropping more portal fragments 3 & 4.

Personally, I think this event isn't worth the effort, but I'm not a full-time gamer ;).

3. Lambrusco

Lambrusco Exceptional Talent

I just played this event to make the main quest... and now it seems that you need to get morethan 1000 progres to get a mortis coin. I think one shouldn't play an event to finish the main quest and that doing them should give you at least one mortis coin like a reward then if you want to get more you can do the event, this is why there are for... but that i remember something smilar happened to me when i played it... i know other people who complain about others pieces, so that must depend on your account but it's donde deliberately...

I wish that in the same way moons event change to only reward with drakens and then you spend them the way you want to, they do the same in a future with this ebent before they close down...

tozagol likes this.
  4. EriduSerpent

Personally, I think this event isn't worth the effort, but I'm not a full-time gamer ;).[/QUOTE]

Most of their quests leave you with less than when you started out, not worth the time, effort or loss!

--- MERGED ---

I wish that in the same way moons event change to only reward with drakens and then you spend them the way you want to, they do the same in a future with this ebent before they close down...[/QUOTE]

Drakens are a joke, not sure why they even give any out, everything is too much to purchase

Last edited by moderator: Aug 30, 2021
    tozagol likes this.
  5. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I used ~1,000 draken yesterday to buy enough Gryphon Feathers and Newborn Hearts to build two more Tamed Enemy type of pets from the Defeat the Undefeatable event. Those items drop during the event, but at a pace dictated by the infamous PRNG; i.e., I would have had to play the event ~5 more times to harvest enough of those items to build the two pets. I had already dropped the doll bodies in previous iterations of DtU, but those are also for sale during the event.

And, we got more than enough draken as part of the progress for the event to buy a doll body and all necessary other ingredients to craft a single doll.

May not always work out this way, but it looks like event-specific items for sale by Gnob's girlfriend Grima are reasonably/appropriately priced.

If you have your heart set on one of the ponies or the event attire, then, yes, you need to save up draken from several events ... which is an incentive to play events you don't otherwise value. Maybe not a strong incentive, but it does open up some possibilities.

6. EriduSerpent

I only get draken now and then, maybe it is because I am only level 48.

7. EriduSerpent

I went back to try to get the 4th portal part three more times, not doing it anymore.
    I hate when games are unfairly banked against the player. I do not mind working for what is needed,
    but some of the quests and missions just become a bore and make you annoyed.
    A game is supposed to be fun to play, a test. But doing something over and over and I mean like more than
    20 is just a piss take. Everyday is the same, open the daily chest you get pauldruns or cruddy body gear,
    open the royal chest and you get the same 9 times out of 10. It's as if the DK are just messing with us and don't care. I wish I'd never spent money on the game, would have been easier to walk away from it then. BUT I want my monies worth!

8. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

The more you do this event the worse the drop rate is .
    I have 100 Part 1's dropped probably 20 more this time around and got 2 part 4's.
    This is Drakensang Developers in every event that you have to collect a specific number of items.
    2-3 will drop almost always while the 4th part will never drop or have a very rare drop rate.
    Now this is where DSO's defenders jump in and say it is a random MMORG or something like that.
    All I can say is it is the developers way to make you grind the same map until you quit from boredom.
    My reasoning behind it is that the development team can not think of nothing exciting or fun to do in this game so they make us grind,
    If people are grinding means people are on the game which means they are doing a good job and patting themselves on the back.

tozagol likes this.