Tetaconetl not yet in the CE?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Raichu007, Dec 3, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Raichu007

Raichu007 Someday Author

Farming the horn quest in Tetaconetl, I realised that the map has not yet been fully unlocked. There's a sandstorm still blocking off parts of the temple, a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶g̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶L̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶b̶u̶r̶b̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶d̶h̶u̶n̶,̶ ̶T̶e̶t̶a̶c̶o̶n̶e̶t̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶l̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶(̶h̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶T̶e̶l̶e̶p̶o̶l̶o̶s̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶a̶)̶ EDIT: This is actually the portal to that Balor quest, however it is still an odd choice to make it a respawn point I.M.O.

Did they forget to finish Tetaconetl in this CE, or is this part of a planned future update?

Missing castle
    [​IMG]

Unused gate / respawn point
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

The northern section of the map changes a couple of times, not quite but kinda like the Cradle of Frost map changes as you run through the main quests for that map.

Also, as you progress further in the quest-line for Tetaconetl, you'll eventually be tasked to enter that gate in your second screenshot to kill the "memory of Balor," a boss that looks and acts like Balor, but is colored like the other shadow mobs in various maps. There's a second seemingly disabled portal in the north west cul-de-sac on the Tetaconetl map which contains the "memory of Nefertari." (I may have reversed the locations of the two bosses.) You simply need to keep working through the quests.

I believe you can later clear the map, then wander over to either of those two portals and find that they're active again, but I don't think there's much point in killing more than the 1st time to satisfy quest requirements.

3. Raichu007

Raichu007 Someday Author

Yeah now that you mention it, I think the map initially has the full castle, and after the quest with the two guardians at the paths, the map is finaliazed and half of the castle is eaten by the sandstorms.