Suggestion The time has come for a Locker Expansion

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by TwiliShadow, Feb 1, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should the size of the Locker be increased?

1. No. We already have enough or too much storage already.

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Yes, I like the option listed below. Please implement it this way.

19 vote(s)
    41.3%
  3. Umm, yes, but please also make it 2 slots wider and add 3 more tabs ("VIII", "IX", and "X").

25 vote(s)
    54.3%
  1. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

===== Pre-Entry Apr 21, 2020 Edit =====

People !! Please don't just pass thru. VOTE !!!! For God's sake... VOTE !!!

===== Pre-Entry Apr 17, 2020 Edit =====

Well, it's been 10 weeks (2.5 months). We're up to a whopping 38 votes for yes+, 1 no vote, and 996 votes of "Meh, I don't care."

There is no way were going to get an inventory expansion and the key bag only got me 3/4 of another inventory page opened up. So no real gain there. I need crafting item room. I needed the locker expansion. The forum is full of "I need more storage space" and when it comes down to it, the community just plain failed. Not DSO, the players.

I'm quite disappointed in all the players.

===== Pre-Entry Mar 14, 2020 Edit =====

Almost 2 months and 873 views. And only 36 yes+ votes. 1 no vote.
    And I'd like to thank the 836 votes of "Meh, I don't care cause my inventory if just fine."

The community has spoken. Anyone complaining about inventory problems that didn't vote "yes+" here is full of crap and wasting posting space.

===== Original Feb 1, 2020 Posting =====

With all the crafting items, event items, dies, consumables that we have...

It's time for a locker expansion. And here is what I'm proposing cause it's such an easy implementation:

[​IMG]
    • Still the 2000 andermant for each line.

The alternative is to
    • also make it two slots wider in addition to adding 4 rows.
    • charge 4000 per 7 slots wide (with a new 10800 for 3 line)
    • add three tabs for "VIII", "IX", "X".

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  2. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

2k for a line, more lines (as you showed), but more pages too.

Bundin likes this.
  3. wolfie54

wolfie54 Active Author

I definitely agree with the need for increasing inventory space. That being said, with DSO it seems you always have to start small and work up to bigger and better things. Your original proposal would work fine I believe.

4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Unfortunately, there is no way to get more pages without making it wider... which was pointed out to me that making it 2 slots wider would give everyone that has opened all the tabs so far a free 56 slots (2x4 slots per page x 7 pages).

Granted they would then still have to pay for the additional (4x7)+(8x3) = 52 rows (364 slots), but the free 56 slots in DSO's mind trumps what would be paid for.

Instead, lets hope that they implement my "double" idea and we all would pay 2000 andermant for each of 28 new "5 slot" rows. :) That would at least double our lockers from 140 slots to 280 slots.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  5. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Ah... well, anything would do, we need inventory space desperately.

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I don't think Locker expansion would help much.
    We need special inventory for all the scrolls, essences, potions, event and quest items ... etc.
    Those are required and we need to have them always at hand ... and not everyone is having a premium so they would access the locker from a dungeon.

7. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

The locker expansion would help me immensely. Granted at the moment I have "reward deluxe/premium" but most of the winter I've been without. I keep most event items in the locker and pull out what I'm using currently only.

With the last 3 month's of events and actually making some development progress, if they would implement the locker doubling I would go back to paying for premium and would definitely consider going to deluxe as well.

==== EDIT on 4/21/2020 ++++

Someone please "bump" this back up to the front !

--- MERGED ---

Someone please "bump" this back up to the front !

Last edited by moderator: Apr 23, 2020
  8. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

If we didn't need to have so many different types of the same kind of item (think colorful essence for example), the existing locker amounts would be ok. However, what we have just makes things frustrating.

I get that we shouldn't have unlimited slots as that would make managing the data from the database side a real PITA. It would also make hoarders like me just keep everything, no matter how worthless.

If we could have the consumables kept somewhere other than our common inventory slots, that would be most awesome.

For example, I'm going to use essences all the time but I'm going to use my "speed" boots only when needed. Those boots need a slot all for themselves so I can don them when needed. If I never needed "speed" boots, I could free up that slot. However, the way it is now, I HAVE to save a slot for certain (read: event) essences or I can't even participate. This may mean that I am having to choose between tossing my nifty speed-infused boots or saving colorful essences to kill event monsters. Not really a choice I want to have to make.

I guess it may be a balance between data storage on the game server vs money paid/time invested for the andermant I would cost to increase inventory. So make it more expensive, the more slots one has. For many of us, it would be worth it.

trakilaki likes this.
  9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Now we have this ... but it could be further expanded with more items.
    Essences can't be placed there since if we pay attention to the pattern the devs are using ... only those items that can't be sold can be placed in the bag.