Thin Client

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by glesia, Nov 4, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. glesia

glesia Advanced

every time i change the target properties to space -stable it re downloads the files. i just downloaded the files yesterday while moving thin client back to live servers. today again space-stable the game decides it need to download it again. shouldn't i already have these files and why must the game re download. maybe the files are copy over i dunno what im doing wrong but man takes for ever to jump to live servers and test server

2. Veteran666

Veteran666 Active Author

This is normal when you change thin client from test server to live server and vice versa because most of the times the release version is different.If you want to avoid this just use thin client for live servers with all data for live DSO version and IE or Chrome+IE extension with java support for test server.

Dümbledore likes this.
  3. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

If you don't like playing in the smaller browser window, there are two ways to easily accomplish what you are trying to do.

1) Install the live game under your current windows user and install for "only me". Then create another windows user and install the test server for "only me". This causes separate directories for both the %temp%\DSOClient folder and for the %programfiles(x86)%\Drakensang Online folder.

2) Keep separate *.lnk (shortcuts) files in the start menu (always uncheck the "run now" after update and use your created shortcuts).
    Under %programfiles(x86%)%\ keep two folders "Drakensang Online -live" and "Drakensang Online -test" and rename the one you want to use as "Drakensang Online". Do the same with directories in %temp%\ with the DSOClient folder (or keep the copies somewhere else and move them back and forth based on which version you want to use which I do to keep disk cleanup from deleting the one you've not been on for awhile).

Hope this helps. Makes life easier, and moving the temp files only takes a couple minutes, which is far less than another download.

Hadzovic and Dümbledore like this.