Suggestion & tips

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by BitMaster, Nov 15, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. BitMaster

BitMaster Someday Author

I am back after a bit longer break and I can see that some big changes are coming.
    I had some luck years ago when I had few ideas which you (partially) adopted/used. So I will try my luck again.

Here I am going to list few things that I would like to have:
    • Loading Screen Artwork: Use your artwork for the loading screen. (rance_1983 suggestion)
    • Travelling through a map manually is a bit boring(e.g. Kingshill to get to Thabo or event entrances). What would make it awesome is for you to add an option to press and hold ctrl key in which case the mini map will slightly shine/be more emphasized/less opaque and then by clicking on a part of the mini map it will automatically start moving the character to that position.
    • Remove the need to 'inspect' collected equipment loot. This is something from ancient era when the crystals of truth were used. I can think of a reason why this is still active but it is now just a nuisance.
    • Button to sell all items from the selected tab (only active/displayed when a shop is opened). I know that this was asked for many times but still it doesn't hurt to repeat it again . Why make things more boring when there is no need for it, right? It only wastes time for us to have to click on each item.
    • Option to show/hide cape when using a costume. This is because you create an awesome costume and you than ruin it by showing the cape (e.g. Helios armor of honor). You can simply put this in Settings->Game Option tab.
    • Bring back SW skill/enchantment (ice cube) somehow (Ice Missile has 5% chance to trigger it). I just like this one :)
    • [​IMG]
    Now I would like to say few things about equipment crafting. The way it works not is boring and unsatisfying. You have to painstakingly grind for loot only for it to be destroyed when crafting without it leaving a shred of hope for later success. So there is nothing to look forward. This is the main reason this way is flawed(in my opinion). So I will make up something for you to check. Who knows, maybe it will be of some use.
    Something like (the nonsense story begins ):

Dracanian equipment is composed from basic stats, gem and rune stone slots and enchantments.
    To craft new equipment, make gem and rune stone slots or to use existing equipment to craft a new one (current crafting) can be done by a skilled blacksmith.
    Every pice of equipment in Dracania is crafted from a beast core which serves as it's main source of power(basic stats; the more powerful a core is the higher the stats are(tire #)).
    Why would a player play PvE in the first place? Logically, to strengthen itself and (for me) so that it can battle players in PvP (in the ongoing text i will mention few ways to improve/connect PvP and PvE).

[a bit of degresion: you can even use this concept to change the entire loot system(for equipment).
    How can a monster drop equipment, where does it come from? No logic there.
    It should drop monster cores (with tire#(something like 'purity')): gray, green, blue, violet, orange etc.
    Heroes from Dracania can take these cores to a blacksmith(or create skill books for players to do the job - maybe by the current 'inspecting' option) that can forge them into equipment(if they want that if not they could be sold or smelted).
    Later monsters/bosses would drop precious ores(something like that or even other beast cores of the same level + maybe some other item) that can be used to improve this equipments base stats (this can connect new PvE and PvP).
    Every level/tire of equipment will get a rand value for its level/tire but they can be maxed with precious ores to the max value of that level/tire.
    And these cores can be used in the future as fuel to power up many things(with a little bit of imagination wonderful things could be made).
    This will solve grind equipment 'polluting'(taking up to much bag space) because the cores could be stacked. There are many more ideas that can stream from this.
    ]

The other thing that a beast core possess is a unique property/ability which comes from the slain monster inborn abilities.
    This can be manifested on the equipment as a unique property (same thing as unique enchantment that unique items have now).
    This means that equipment(maybe only unique or/and legendary items or just random equipment) has one such unique line. But it should not be tire dependent.
    As for their values, it can be: run speed, attack speed, defence, efects, skills etc.

[degresion again: The main purpose of this is to enable enhancements in PvP.
    This means that a player can have a maximum number of these lines as the number of equipment (s)he has.
    And since they will be random, it will not create a gap between players but a player still has an opportunity to customise things a little bit the way (s)he wants.
    Also, this unique properties can maybe only be some special effects instead of stats changers.
    For example, one line can be like: creates a shield that improves the defence by 5% in an area (like monster bosses have a 'defence dome') triggered by some skill and lasts # seconds, can be triggered every # seconds.
    Next one is maybe berserk mode where you increase damage but reduce defence, and one other is the reverse of this one.
    Maybe when using for example dragon skin (DK) skill a swarm of bees-Bearach(or andermagic wraits-Khalys) is released that attacks a player like a homing missile.
    Or maybe an ice bomb effect is triggered (the ice bomb item from some event I forgot about). etc. But it should not have high damage to it
    ]

As for the enchantments, how can a blacksmith enchant an equipment? For this an expert in enchantments is needed.
    My proposition is to make something like inscription/engraving places on the equipment (basically slots) where an enchantment can be put.
    Enchantments can be contained in something like scrolls that have rune characters( ᛓ ᛔ ᛕ ᛖ ᛗ ᛘ ᛙ ᛚ ᛛ ᚦ ᚧ ᚨ ᚪ) in it filled with power from PW cores and materi fragments.
    But this slot is a one time use slot. When you put an enchantment there it can't be reused.
    And the way to remove it is to try to extract it and inscribe it back on to a scroll. But in the process the item gets destroyed with only a small change of success.
    Or you can simply delete the enchantment to make room for a new one. All this would require cores and materi fragments from PW.
    As for the above thing about equipment made from beast cores it will have random enhancements like it has now. Or/and the enhancements scrolls could drop from chests, bosses, amphoras etc.
    The difference between this and the way it is now is that with this you will fail countless times and extract mostly normal enhancements but when you do get the yellow one it will be a guaranteed that you have it and can use it. So it gives a dose of positive anticipation and hope. (still not satisfied with this but I will write it here nonetheless)

Now, few more things about PvP.
    Current pvp is lacking because it doesn't give you room to get excited or to not know what will happen.
    This streams from the fact that when I see for example SM I always think like this: (s)he will use this skill and that skill because they are the only useful onse for pvp.
    And I should fight it like this...
    This is regardless of player in question so you can get about 4 different types of fights. And all players that use one character are almost the same(will be with the new update).
    By using equipment special unique line there will be difference between players.
    Once I made a bit longer break and when I got back I played PvP and at some point in the fight a giant hand appeared out of nowhere and hit me(Fists of Sharr Kharab).
    I liked that concept which brought something unexpected.
    Another thing that would be awesome is that you add summoning scrolls to pvp. Using them to summon a beast, area effect even something like a formation would improve the diversity.
    It would cover up the lack of not having multiple good skills that can be used in pvp.
    I think that this can solve e.g. one problem that I read about somewhere on the forum and that is when a DK gets the flag in 5v5 it will be difficult to stop it if it has good defence.
    A scroll can be used that creates a pool of poison that poisons and slowes it down (same thing that mini boss monsters 'spit' out).
    Also, it would be a blast if you can use a scroll to summon something like 4-5 stone ice spitting statues(from Q8) formation that attack enemies inside its radius.
    All this will bring fun to pvp and will also give you something to do in PvE because these scrolls will be dropping from monsters.

Sorry for this bit longer text and all grammatical errors.

I thought of all of this in this way to reduce the work that you need to put into these changes because you can use existing code (logic) to implement this.
    I think that there is nothing here that requires you to make big changes.
    Even without seeing your code I can assume this ;)
    I hope that there is something useful in this. Cheers :)

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

My answer would be: NO to everything.
    Take aside the fact there are big changes on TS ... but the main reason is this:
    You are back from a long break but "you know everything" about crafting and all other stuff already?
    I simply don't trust people who know too much after a long break :)

3. BitMaster

BitMaster Someday Author

No to everything? Not even to first few thing? Not even show/hide cape thing? You are just too stingy and mean :p
    Lol i'm not back literally yesterday and don't know how you figured this one out :) And I know how to read forums and (your)wiki watch youtube and also know to communicate with people. I only said what I would like...
    But you are Drakensangs Chuck Norris (and the real all knowing one) so I can only admit defeat ;)

4. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

Oh, but it will. The mods are known for closing threads because of this reason :)