Trashy Crit Hit value stats

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by NightWalker, Dec 23, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

So, as everyone probably noticed, high level crit hit value stats are absolutely junk. How can it be so LOW? I mean, has anyone even seen crit hit value stats on level 45 non-wep items that exceed 200? I'm assuming rarely. However, low level items easily upgrade to 200+ crit and even 300. What kind of stupid idea is this? I think the low side crit hit value stats (and even other stats) should be increased for higher level items. For example, low side crit hit value for 45 items should be something like 150 or 160. Also, should increase chances of finding 200+ crit hit value. I know damage stats have a range, but players are able to find higher dmg stats. What the heck happened to crit value? I feel like this stat is especially lowered at higher levels. Overall, low side stats should seriously be raised and the chances of actually obtaining some higher end stats should not be lower compared to obtaining low side stats.

sebastian_fl and Grave like this.
  2. Grave

Grave Forum Apprentice

Don't think the producers care at all.

3. NightWalker

I think they also nerfed low level legendaries upgrade to high level stats. Great, now those people with crit value low level legendaries will be the only OP ones left! Screw their stupid ideas.

4. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

That will only last for a while, with every x patches come increased max possible values of legendaries. So the overpowered low-level items will eventually even out with endgame gear.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

In theory yes ... but in reality ... chances to get low level item with good stats on level 45 are much better than getting good stats on level 45 item (which is 1:99999999999) :D

6. NightWalker

Exactly my point. They need to raise the chances of finding higher stat legendary items. I doubt people find 200+ crit hit value on non-weapons often(or don't ever find one). :)

--MERGED--

Time to bump thread. Sorry, I know the general public is ignorant, or simply does not care, about the unbalance of stats like crit value so I will have to protest by myself. The precision it takes to make a good build requires the need of higher crit value stats as the current abysmal crit value stats are just ridiculously low compared to former items. Oh well, things are going downhill so I'm gonna rest until some things get a change!

Last edited by moderator: Jan 11, 2015
  7. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

@NightWalker
    Your post is merged.
    My post should indicate the "bump". :)

8. NightWalker

Ah thanks! XD If only edits can bump as well!

9. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Bump. Was there any official response to inability to get such numbers as crit being 300+ anymore?

10. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

I'm getting the feeling that we do get crit. lines where they shouldn't be. Amounts are still bad unless they're on a 2H. But, I mean, out of the skulls I've found so far, all but one of the 4 usable ones had one or two lines of critical hit rate. What's the point of having offensive enchantments on defensive offhands? As for how big the lines are, I think the highest one on an item I own is 168, but it's usually lower (around 125 if I'm lucky, or below 100 if I'm not - and this goes for most enchantment types, not only crit. rate).

11. sirsquishy

sirsquishy Junior Expert

I see that this thread is an older one that has been updated, but in my limited experience it is far easier to get higher crit lines than high dmg lines. I just melted an exo ring with 350 crit (lvl 47) with one that has dmg, but here are 2 items I still have with plenty of crit.

[​IMG]

12. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

This post is about a single attribute of an item being 300 or more. There used to be such items in the past, so you could have had an adornment with 1200 total crit. My friend has one with 60 dmg and 650 crit.

Now it's not hard to find them, it's impossible.

13. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Are we talking about level 45s drops with 300 crit line, or low level items upgraded to 300+ crit lines?

Afaik, level 45 items can't drop with 300 crit lines (making 1200 crit possible if you got 4 such lines), and I think the max per line is around 200. To get these crazy lines of 300 crit, you had to farm low level legendaries back pre R139 (or thereabouts) and glyph the item up. Its not really a viable strategy today.

14. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Low lvls obviously. This is exactly the topic of the post. Lots of ppl have pre r139 items with crazy stats that are impossible now even on low lvl items so newer players can't theoretically get such values which is unfair.

BP should have done some sort of inflation of the crit stats to bring balance back, or downgrade those buggy low level items to normal over some period of time, let's say 6 months.

15. Novadude

Dammit, missed that this thread was an old thread.

16. Heaven

Heaven Junior Expert

I am hoping they haven't completely forgotten about this issue and balance it with the upcoming lvl 50 by raising the critical hit values on lvl 50 items, otherwise we will always have those players who took advantage of low level items with superb, impossible to get builds on their characters.

17. Novadude

I am hoping that the average level 50 crit line approximates the glyphed up low level crit lines when upped to level 50 (or at level 53~55). Hoping that BP sets the crit formula, upgrade formula (by minizing how much crit you get with an upgrade) or drop stat line formula so low level crit gears are irrelevant in the game at player level 50.

18. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Yeah, that'd be a good opportunity for them to make it fair again. But probably they won't... and we won't know unless someone with such items confirms it for us then (which I somehow doubt will happen too).

19. Novadude

I have one low level legendary on my dwarf - a ring with 1x damage, 2x armor, and 1x crit - funny thing is i use it for the armor, not the crit or damage (witch chaser + sparks build with vargulf switch set for 5v5 tank running) as my legendary offhand tool gives 999 crit (and witch set gives 331 crit on hat and 33.3% crit set bonus and sparks gives 10% set bonus). I will definitely check out the level 55 numbers and price when it comes out and report in if nobody else does.

Morinphen likes this.
  20. daworld99

daworld99 Forum Greenhorn

Hey, i thought this would be a concern and yes, it is very unfair for new player that didnt have the chance to get low lvl items, i got a a few low lvl items with 2dmg and 2 crit, and 3crits and 1 dmg. which i upgrade to lvl 46. and the dmg is reasonal compare to lvl 45, but the crits is out of question. the 2 line of crits easily can give me 600 crits. having that type of items it like having a lvl 45 gear with 4 crit line. Im one of the old player which manage to farm hard for them and i just want the game to be fun and fair same time balance :). That is my big advantage in the game right now is having just 3 of those items .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.