Support Unable to see my account

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ZieOmega, Aug 29, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. ZieOmega

ZieOmega Forum Greenhorn

Before someone tells me to contact - https://www.drakensang.com/en/support, this does not work when you actually submit your issue. And before someone tells me to use every browser possible, this does not work also and has the same output on support response. And also, no, all adblockers, cookies blocking etc. are off too.

Support response:

"Error
    Please describe your problem as clearly as possible using at least 140 characters. Thanks!"

And before someone tells me to use under 140 characters, try it yourself and then let me know.

My issue is that once I updated the game and logging back in, I no longer see my primary accounts..... This happened when I switch from US East to US West servers.

And yes, I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache, cleared temp files etc....

If anyone has a real solution to this, major thanks.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    tozagol likes this.
  2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I hope I'm misunderstanding your comment, but it appears that you think all servers are connected. They are not. Whatever toons you built on Agathon (US East) exist on that server only. When you switched to Tegan (US West), you see no characters because you haven't created any yet on that server.

BP has stated repeatedly for years that they will never connect servers, and will never migrate toons from one server to another.

If that's not what you're experiencing, please try to explain it again and the few of us still reading the forum will try to give you more accurate advice.

3. ZieOmega

ZieOmega Forum Greenhorn

Thanks dkarl and no I didn't realize the servers are independent. It's been a couple of years since I played and was able to login 2 days ago on my original server US east. Once the client fully updated everything, I then switched over to US west. Seeing I didn't have my character there, I logged out and back in on the US east and still seeing the same issue today. Meaning, no character and pretty much default startup. If it doesn't work, oh well. Just wanted to see how this game improved with a my original character.

4. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

If it's been a couple of years, even if your old toon was "OP" back then, it would probably feel crippled today in the post-CD environment. Most likely your equipment would have all been automatically melted to GoP. Many of your runes & jewels converted to other, somewhat related items. Your skill and wisdom trees reset. Your hotkey bar reset and reduced (we only get 5 hotkeys per bar instead of the previous 7 ... it was actually worse at one point in the test environment: The devs had cut the hotkeys down to only 3 per bar before the community threw up a big stink about how much that crippled us. All of your gems/runes/jewels would be floating randomly about in your inventory.

That first time we logged into our accounts post-Content Expansion [CE] (release 145) was total chaos.

Lots of concepts within the game changed: Bosses now have shields that you need to break down before your debuff skills work against them (the shields regenerate if you're too slow to kill the boss). Gear doesn't have tiers, but you can now transfer enchantments from any item to any other item using Glyphs of Power ... but only after you've completed some crafting quests (depending on when you left the game previously, you may have been given credit for those quests). Ingredient harvesting has changed several times but now has two paths: 1) Raw ingredients of various types can drop from regular mobs and/or special mobs and/or bosses, or 2) You can buy "Multitools" at an exorbitant price (you can earn small amounts from crafting quests and/or daily challenges) to use on plants scattered throughout dungeons. Many repeatable quests (e.g., the crafting quests) are limited to once per day. The cost of crafting implements (bottles, flasks, filter papers, vials) jumped dramatically (however, there is one alternative to buying them with gold). Rewards for completing Daily challenges have been dramatically nerfed (initially we weren't getting any Ancient Wisdom from the challenges, but BP partially relented and toss in a pittance now and then, subject to random luck), and can be impossible (weaker toons sometimes [often] getting challenges based on difficulty levels way beyond their capacity to even attempt, let alone complete). Difficulty levels have changed; they are more compressed than just before CE, which could be a good thing as the Infernal x count had grown out of control, but in reality newer toons find moving up to play in higher difficulty levels daunting at least. You can't even get to the Parallel World with a new toon unless you can survive a tough Infernal mini-dungeon (older toons which already had access to PW will still have access now). Lowest difficulty level in PW is now Infernal + (+ because it's harder than Natural World Infernal). Drop rates of gems went up, but tend to be smaller gems, so you'll need time to build up the quality in your inventory. Drop rates of equipment have been completely trashed; in the past killing one Guardian level mob in the Great Desert on old Infernal 3 (which is ~the equivalent of new Infernal) might have given you 3-5 Extraordinary items, possibly a Legendary and/or a Unique item, plus maybe a potion (they don't drop at all any longer), some realm fragments, a gem or two, etc. ... now you might get only a few copper coins and literally nothing else, or perhaps one or two Improved or Magic items, less frequently an Exo or very rarely a Leg.

I'm leaving out a ton of "updates," but, if you've managed to read this far you get the idea: Post-CE DSO feels like a different game.

If you decide to start over with a new toon and are a solo player, I recommend grinding slowly to level 55, then grind in an endless loop between the Great Desert on Painful to earn Keys of Prowess and then using those Keys to go to Natural World boss rooms and grind for wisdom, gems, runes, and junk equipment. Slowly move up to higher difficulties, or possibly stay on Painful until you hit level 100. Skip the CE content for now. The experience you gain from completing Quests is inflated, so you'll level up in the Experience Skill tree with minimal benefit (you'll have access to all skills by level 55; levels 56+ just give you additional points to pile existing skills), but will be lagging far behind on the Wisdom tree which is where much of your offensive and defensive strength resides.

At about level 45-50, spend an entire day killing low level bosses to get low level junk equipment to craft low level junk items to get equipment crafting achievements which will eventually lead to gaining the ability to transfer enchantments.

Or, don't play solo (it's truly a thankless experience, more of a chore than a pleasant pastime), find a guild, get more advanced players to carry you through higher difficulty levels to gain access to better equipment and gems and runes sooner.

tozagol likes this.
  5. ZieOmega

ZieOmega Forum Greenhorn

Thanks dkarl, but in all honesty, I spent a pretty penny on my original account and even had a name locked before another AAA game was released that I used as my primary player name. I'm going to walk away from this seeing how much this game lacks real tech support and how they kick away prior paid players considering the deluxe premium monthly cost. Meaning, if they expect us to pay for this, they should have a real support team to resolve account holders wanting to continue....

Good luck to you dkarl and hope this game brings you fun buddy. Me, I'm walking away

tozagol and dkarl like this.