Unique id numbers instead of names

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by RYan, Feb 16, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RYan

RYan Forum Greenhorn

I find it hard to mmorpgs if I cant use the set names I prefer having a unique name isn't a big deal to me, many players probably feel the same way.
    so rather than have unique names simply give each character a unique id number like a (social security number) and let people call their characters what ever they want and change their name at any time in the character screen or even have a gold charge to change names.
    to get around the friend add problem do this. if you add a player add his unique id name followed by his current character name (this is subject to change) then by default have his original recorded name and date for e.g..
    {added dreadlord 10/04/2012} and if players choose they can type over this and type in a nick name of their friend/acquaintance ie "dready"

so on the friends list it would look like
    superman69
    "dready" added 10/04/2012

or default

superman69
    added "dreadlord" 10/04/2012

also have the black list set out the same way so you know of is on your blacklist or who you blocked) so a simple name change wont get around blocking and you can keep track of loot ninjas, trolls or people you just don't like etc.

also if you added a player to party or friends or any other kind of name clash give players a message "character dreadlord has the same name as you would you temporality like to change names to avoid confusion?" make this a yes no question with a tick box for ask every time option so players can simply ignore all these messages.

just changing the game name system to delete or rename inactive player names or below a certain level or accounts have been inactive for more than a certain period of time so to make more game names available just punishes inactive players which isn't what the game wants to do since these players are potential revenue bringers (I have been punished like this in several games which I no longer play for this reason)

out of the 20 or so different names I prefer only 1 of them was available on the servers and some of theme were pretty obscure so it seems like someone when and reserved them. knowing this ill probably play my 1 archer for another 2-3 days to test the game then quit. since there is no point playing a game I cant really propagate further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.