Feedback Varholm is a CS grind for newbies. :(

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by DracosBW, Aug 26, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DracosBW

DracosBW Forum Apprentice

I only recently started playing a mage trying to get one of my friends into the game. We got in shortly before the Varholm event, and though we tried, we didn't have the time to gather enough Realm Fragments to go in and gather the thousands of silver essences you need to run the missions.

So we try it anyway. Have to pay andermant for essences. Not enough inventory space to collect items; would need to pay for that too. And wonder of wonders... no bank for storage and no blacksmith for melting items for Glyphs in town. No ANYTHING, for that matter; the so called 'village' is abandoned except for ONE werewolf hunter (really? only one person in the entire kingdom besides the various players thinks werewolves are a problem, and no one else on the island ever thought to become a hunter? shouldn't there be more than the one?) and a workstation... because you know how many duplicates they're gonna give you (aka 'none').

You guys could have given us a FEW more options there for how new characters can be part of the event; as it is, if you're new, you basically have almost no chance of participating short of spending a LOT of money. You coul have even made it so the gnomes in the silver mine dropped extra essences just during the event, but... nope.

I'm just kinda... disapppointed with the whole business at this point. The tiny inventory has been an issue from the start, and the costs of expanding it are prohibitive. And now this entire event is gonna get cut short for me because I don't have the MONEY to participate in this FREE event. Seems kinda greedy.

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Honestly, if you're this new, focus on leveling up to level 50, then getting legendary gear for the pws.

As you are a SW, I would prioritize the new moon event.

3. Bansheide

Bansheide Forum Apprentice

Not sure if I was missing something,new ,as above,went into mine and cleared it.
    then I found out you had to use another scroll to get out the place!

I think i'll do as Nova says above,just concentrate on leveling up!

4. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

you can sell items even if you cant melt so can still collect and get something

5. Anyki

Anyki User

Hello @DracosBW,
    There is a day and a night version of the Varholm event. The daytime version does have multiple other NPCs present on the map who can offer their services. The nighttime version does not.

In the future, I would suggest consulting the Event FAQs section of the forums or looking on the DSO Wiki prior to attempting an event. Events are designed to cater to different players, but going in unprepared is never fun, and the moon events (both the full and new) require a little preparation.

Inventory has been a long standing issue, but keep in mind you can access a cheaper offer by accessing the Trader (hotkey: T) and searching for the 3x inventory pack for 10800 ander... a little cheaper than buying each line for 4k ander at a time. ;)

Hello @Bansheide and welcome to the forums. :)

You can use the blue "home teleport" button to the left of your health orb at the bottom to return to town. Or you can press the hotkey P. It may be useful to consult the Basics part of the guide if you're unsure what I mean.

Cheers,
    Anyki

6. DracosBW

DracosBW Forum Apprentice

I did make some effort to get the required items in time, but I simply made my character too late to take advantage of the event... and that's kind of my problem with it. Events should have something for EVERY type of player to enjoy to some extent; new, free or casher type players should all be able to take part in it in some fashion, even if they only just started playing. This makes for a more all around enjoyable event and game in general.

Or so I think.

--MERGED--

I appreciate the thought... but I was kinda hoping for a game I could immerse myself in a bit more than 'grind to max level and then grind for gear and THEN think about doin' fun stuff'. By that time I'd have this blank, 'who gives a you-know-what' expression on my face and be more concerned with grinding for more gear than some 'stupid event' (not saying the event is stupid; just saying playing like that would make doing events seem pointless).

I want to have FUN as I level up, not render the game down to hardcore leveling and gear collection.

Last edited by moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  7. thuglifederp

thuglifederp Active Author

the problem is not the price of new slots, even if you buy like 3-4 pages you will have problems with it.
    but if you just started what exactly items are you saving in your bank ?
    from my pov the main problem of inventory slots are the gems, if you have a bunch of low gems the same kind gives the option to stack them in the same slot. yea sure we can combine them or put them in items that we dont use to save them but as you progres you will collect more gems all the time and you will get to a point where you have 2 gems lvl 1, 2 gems lvl 2 and so and you will not be able to combine them.

bottom line, stack gems!

8. Anyki

Anyki User

Moon events repeat every month. If you weren't ready this time, it'll be rolling around before you know it again. :D You can prepare for it in that time.

Other major events don't repeat anywhere near as often (if at all), so those are the ones you don't want to miss. But new and full moon are, in the bigger picture, just not that big of a deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.