Viewing other players items and stats

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Amend, Dec 17, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

I cant tell you how many times ive seem a player with a item that i desperately wanted to know what it was, but you run into the problem of it being a bot, them speaking a different language, or just ignoring you... Also i want to be able to look players stats while looking at their items and compare my self to them to see where i stand in the mythical world of Drakensang. I'm pretty sure that just about every single one of you would agree to having this, am I right?

2. guximtarrius

guximtarrius Forum Greenhorn

nice idea.

3. sper009

sper009 Padavan

I don't want you peaking at my private parts. ;D

MikeyMetro and Brian1919 like this.
  4. Brian1919

Brian1919 Junior Expert

This idea has been presented time and time again. Don't think it's going to happen.

5. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

6. Talicni

Talicni Forum Connoisseur

Yup as I said there were such suggestions in the past, but still nothing mentioned from BP about even considering the idea.

7. babu_o_babu

babu_o_babu Advanced

Like you I like to know other players stats especially my opponents. However, I don't think this is a good idea especially in PVP battle. The out come of PVP battle will be too predictable. Forming group before joining the battles has already made PVP worst, knowing opponents stats will make it far more worst. New Players will be treated like "Outcast".

8. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

why would they get treated like outcast? because there stats are low? @babu_o_babu

9. Geobli

Geobli Advanced

I saw this thing in other game, this is only good if a person has the ability also to make his items public or private, so if he doesn't want, he will not show them.

10. Deefje

Deefje Advanced

I really dislike this idea, I hate it in other games... the so called 'inspect' ...I prefer some mystery. Also it improves social interaction just to ask someone... hey where did you get that?

But I'm sure the dev's will budge to the masses with this at some point, it happens in every game.

Also +1 to @babu_o_babu ... going Mortis, minimum gearscore xxx... oh bad memories...

11. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

As an experienced player I can already tell what another player has on the field of play (whether it be PvP or PvE). At least a darn close guess.

And I do agree with the others that this would lead to more elitism. "Don't make the mark during gear inspection... cya."

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

12. babu_o_babu

babu_o_babu Advanced

Amend as Deefje mentioned no one will want to form group with players who has low stats unfortunately new players has low stats.

13. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

This subject has been brought up many times. It will never happen. The majority of the player base would rather keep their privacy in game regarding items, essence, etc. . I for one do not want any other player looking at my items. I may tell you my item stats, MAY that is, but other than that if you want to see an item, go to wiki and look at it and available stats.

14. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

@multitoonz why wouldnt you want anyone seeing what items you have, does it matter?
    @babu_o_babu I see what you mean

15. StrawHat

StrawHat Forum Apprentice

Very lame idea for me. No excitement at all if u saw other player's item stats.

16. Amend

Amend Junior Expert

@StrawHat (One Piece reference?) I just want to see what item it is to see if i would like to get it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.