What bow is this?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by meurerplay, Jun 23, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meurerplay

meurerplay Someday Author

Hello, I was surfing the Drakensang fanpages, when I come across this image of a hunter with this bow, I did not recognize this bow in any city or sets, if anyone knows, can you answer me?
    [​IMG]

2. Moot

Moot Active Author

it's the bow of destruction i think

3. meurerplay

@Moot, bow of destruction is this

[​IMG]

4. Yoruba

Yoruba Forum Greenhorn

only legends will remember this ;) 49k andermant if i remember correctly
    [​IMG]

5. meurerplay

@Yoruba either is not, this is silence bow....
    [​IMG]

6. MademoiselleCaramel

MademoiselleCaramel Junior Expert

Looking at "quiver", it is some 2h bow for sure.

meurerplay likes this.
  7. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

meurerplay likes this.
  8. ChristopherPapakaliatis

ChristopherPapakaliatis Forum Apprentice

I think it's the Steam-Powered Blade Bow. Purchasable from, yours truly, the Myrdosch Artifact Merchant.
    But it could be the Power of the Alliance, dropped by normal world dungeons at difficulties above normal. But I wasn't able to find pictures of either of them, so I can't be sure.

9. meurerplay

[USER = 198240] @ChristopherPapakaliatis [/ USER], EDIT:
    [​IMG]

and the bow of the alliance's power I can say that it is not because I have already taken it

Last edited by moderator: Jul 1, 2018
  10. gintarszb

gintarszb Junior Expert

Why not ask user from screenshot about bow ? in forum or in game ...But I' m thinkin' Bigpoint again converted short bow into siege bow :confused:..Destruction now 2-handed bow, maybe i'm wrong , but in picture enlarged version of Destruction bow.

11. meurerplay

@gintarszb ,there is suspicion of being an edition, montage, false,because it looks like another arc from another game,note the similarities:
    [​IMG]

but if it really fake, it was a beautiful job, and it would be a nice bow in the game.
    Because there is no such bow in the game with this design

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~Μαριος~123 and meurerplay like this.
  13. Integrity

Integrity Forum Apprentice

i disagree, i know quite a few games when weapons are that big - almost bigger than the player and in some games, even few more times bigger than player and i never really like that design of weapons.

i cant (and dont want to) imagine my dwarf killing mobs by some piece of artillery from the world war2, just check pictures on google to see what i mean. actually now that i checked those photos, i can imagine it quite accurately :D:D but i dont think that it is something that fits into this game

14. meurerplay

@Integrity , but if you notice, there are already some huge arcs in the game, such as the dancing blade[​IMG] @trakilaki ,Thx for help ;)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  15. trakilaki

The bow is from another game.
    But you are wrong about bows in general.

There are only 2 types of bows: shortbows and longbows.
    Longbows as the name suggests are long ... their length is roughly about the same length as the users (around 1.7 to 1.9 m). They are more powerful, they have better accuracy and velocity and are able to shoot heavier (bigger) arrows.
    Shortbows are smaller and shorter than longbows. They fire the arrows faster, they are more effective in tight space, they have a shorter range, they require less power to be used and are lighter in weight.

Siege Bows (Hoaxbow Story) are non-existent bows. They don't exist and can't ever exist.
    All bows are 2-Handed ... but the lame devs made a false story about the so called "Siege Bows" stealing the name from other games ...
    So now we have "longbows" in the game shorter than an arm ... because they were shortbows before the devs renamed them into longbows without changing their appearance and skin.
    We have so called "Siege Bows" that are 2-handed ... when in fact all bows are 2-handed.
    The name Siege Bow is delusional ... when in fact any weapon can be part of a siege. However ... there are Siege Weapons ... like Catapult, Batista, Trebuchet , Mangonel ... etc ... which are not personal weapons but rather devices operated by 2 or more men. Artillery weapons if you like.
    So everything about the Siege Bow is a fraud and incorrect. in other words a Hoax ... therefore the name Hoaxbow.
    They can't exist in real life and they can't exist even in a fantasy game.

Lets not forget that all bows in the game are made wrong ... they are all left-handed instead of right-handed.
    This is how one should hold a bow (in left hand):
    and this is how one should not hold a bow (in right hand)

So yeah ... about your assumption again ... longbows are quite long. Sometimes they are taller then the users themselves. :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  16. Integrity

Integrity Forum Apprentice

i´have read all you wrote traki... nice lesson about bows (which i didnt find any useful/srry). i have stated my opinion that i dont like weapons in games as big as player or even bigger than player. not only mine or whoever´s opinion on such thing when speaking about what you like/dislike has no right or wrong, since you are only expressing your feelings.

rather than putting bows into the correct hand, game needs different changes.

maybe check some competitions in archery.. with your fanciness about bows, you might quite enjoy it... ;)

17. trakilaki

I like putting a string on two fingers and firing needles ... but it is not a bow.
    What I have said is not an opinion nor it is based on liking ... but those are the facts. I didn't make them up.
    You don't find them useful because you have never used a real weapon and probably you never will. I am a ranger, a sharpshooter ... I speak from experience and knowledge. Most powerful bows are very tall whether you like it or not ... that is the fact. You can make it very small and carry it in your pocket ... but it won't be a bow but a slingshot.

18. Moot

Moot Active Author

I mean.. compound bows are pretty powerful and they are often not long at all.

19. trakilaki

Are you comparing a historical weapon made of wood with a modern carbon fiber device with peep sight, polyethylene string, carbon fiber arrows and other fancy parts?
    Well ... how many wars have been fought with compound bows? Don't google it you won't find it. XD
    All bows were eventually replaced with firearms ... now ... you can compare the modern compound bow with a modern rifle.
    Don't do it ... it is incomparable.
    You can compare Assault Rifle with Sniper Rifle and what are their pros and cons ... since they are the actual successors of bows.

And the point was ... bows can be very tall/big whether someone likes it or not.

20. HellenicMacedonian

HellenicMacedonian Active Author

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

_Baragain_ and Shansurri like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.