What do blood chests contain?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dkarl, Nov 20, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I'm just finally getting to the point my main toon can survive Bloodshed mode in Normal World scaling dungeons, so have only opened a half dozen blood chests.

So far, big disappointment:
    • 10 andermant (not 10 drops; a single drop of 10 total andermants in each chest)
    • 4-5 low level gems (1 "flawless" so far, but chiefly "normal" quality, rarely even "polished")
    • 1 bundle each of green and blue essence (not full 50,000 unit stacks; only the typical 300-500 essence each)
    • a bunch of random green and blue junk equipment
    • a few to several junk purple items
    • 1 or 2 legendary items
    • maybe one mount or pet or junk costume (all easy to find items)
    • a smattering of silver coins
    • I don't recall any wisdom drops
    • no uniques; no runes
    What wonders am I missing that the rest of you are dropping? As I get stronger / faster and get 2 or more blood chests at a time, will the rewards increase in value? What incentive is there to hunt down those sludges?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  2. Abracadaver

Abracadaver Forum Apprentice

Hi,

most people go for blood chest farm to get andermants & gems.

When it comes to infernal passage consumption & reward ratio, blood chest farming is one of, if not the best places to farm (except DtU event). But this one applies to 4 chests or 5 chests in the same run. 4 chests is possible to get solo and 5 chests are possible to get with a duo or trio party.

I can say that it contains the following;

* 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 1000(rare), 10.000(very rare), 100.000 (very very rare) Andermants (the good thing is that andermant group bonus applies to those drops, +30% more andermants ie. 1000 andermant becomes 1300 with a party)
    * Normal to Refined Trapezoid gems (very rare BUT you get sacred or royal in every two runs if you get 4 or 5 chests in each run)
    * Pets to sell or to get altered crescerite
    * Mounts to sell
    * Items to sell or to get platinum line (140 level tho, 145 would be higher enchantments if you really want to get the max enchantments)
    * Lockpicks, Spirit Stones, Essences (Mostly green and blue but purple and red ess drops are also possible)
    * As for the uniques, it is possible to get all "global drop" uniques from chests as well. Also, if you are farming a specific location, let's say Gleaming Mountains, you can also get region-specific uniques such as mechanical sets or steam-powered set from the blood chests.

When you look at a few runs, it looks not much but as you progress and play with a party and do chest runs over and over again, it is even possible to farm 50k+ andermants in just one day. (even possible to farm 100k+ during the smuggler's greed event) (As long as you have a fast party and required infernal passages)

dkarl likes this.
  3. Inu

Inu Junior Expert

All in yr post is A++ but I add lil thing... When you look at a few runs, it looks not much but as you progress and play with a party and do chest runs over and over again, it is even possible to farm 50k+ andermants in just one day. (even possible to farm 100k+ during the smuggler's greed event) (As long as you have a fast party and required infernal passages and nobrain so you can still enjoy killin 5 thingies on map for 1year..)
    nice end game content which is achievable by char with 200k dmg crit and better ess x 4... nonsense

4. RantNRave

RantNRave Someday Author

Its amazingly hard solo.. I watch your vids running flawless (how many edits lol), and have tried 70 runs+, too bad im usually dead before the first or second sludge (auto fail+rippers, ice charge glitch+dead, map objects block pathing, lag, 2+ off screen projectiles etc).
    If i manage to kill them fast, i still never get it under 1m 30s - 2m (judging by your time stamps) that is required to hit 4-5 chests... close but not close enough, I wish the 2/3 chests gave a little more leeway to pop. (what is the req for those, my best solo times are around 3-4 mins + server latency, all ive ever seen is 1).

Completely reasonable with duo in places, but still need halfway decent characters, movement+

Id say its nonsense for a gross majority, and most classes. On SW i may not have 8-12m hits like ham, but 4.5 still take out a sludge in 6 to 10 hits, the issue is dodging projectiles and usually 20 melee mobs + immune for 4-8 seconds to survive, x5.. not including 3x speed Ddeaths that follow you. too bad SW dies just from about any hit, or just by being looked at, and any revive or death is always the consolation 1 chest.

mainly did cata, spiky vally, brigavik the few times they gave out free premium. I mean I might as well try sludges, and try for 140 portals, worse case you get 1 chest +/- portal.

https://imgur.com/g1xT79a
    love to see this map get 5 chested.. i think i died over 60 times, legit TKO on load up/revive.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Alpaca likes this.
  5. Abracadaver

Abracadaver Forum Apprentice

Hi, for the beginning, and until you are strong enough, it would be best to create a party for Stillwater bay with 5 members, and each party members go for only one sludge, and you get an easy 5 chest each round. That map is the best for easy 5 chests because it has three different map entrances.

here's some a tutorial image, each different colors represent a party member and their corresponded map entrances;

[​IMG]

I suggest doing that instead of trying to do solo runs and getting 1-2 chests each run, it is just a waste of infernal fragments

bibere, YALNIZBARON, 1vanka and 2 others like this.