What happened to this game?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by -Fredy85-, Dec 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -Fredy85-

-Fredy85- Forum Greenhorn

I was among the first players of this game (something which I now realize to have been a privilege), starting out way back in the fall of 2011, some time before the Norselands content drop. I played for a couple of years very actively, until they without a warning decided to kill off the international forums in 2013, including the Finnish community I'd grown very fond of. By that time I realized the golden age of DSO was over, and I stopped playing the game and only briefly returned for the Lor'tac expansion, but it wasn't the same without the people and the family I'd made for myself back in the good old times.

There was beauty in the simplicity of DSO. The graphics weren't much, but impressive for its time and scope; the systems were barebones and the majority of the gameplay consisted of grinding to level up and the very basic endgame which I didn't really participate in, as I wasn't a very competitive gamer.

I was still a kid back then, but I remember that I found immense joy in it. Beating Khalys and the Herald for the first time with my guildmates, a feat which could be considered impressive back then. Growing and expanding our guild, LegionFinland, and seeking out other finnish players. Exploring Norselands and Atlantis for the first time and being awestruck with their beauty.

Now that I look at the most recent expansion, I can't help but feel deep sadness for what the game has become, and guilty relief that I left it before I grew dependent on it.

I wish that some day they would reboot Drakensang 2011 or 2012, but there clearly is no hope of that. Nevertheless, it will remain a pleasant memory in my mind, one of simpler times. And the nostalgia will never go away.

Ashe47, mark-kim-8888, CH1976 and 5 others like this.
  2. Kernelly

Kernelly Junior Expert

Meh, I'll be honest. I miss many aspects of the old DSO as well... Many of these aspects weren't CRUCIAL to the game, they were details, small storylines, minor systems, routines, events, communities. You know what I mean? As Fredy said, international forums were plentier, literally the atmosphere in game was so much better, Bigpoint seemed to interact with players much more, old quests and starting zones, jesters, even better balance. I feel you pal. I mean it, I'm still playing the game, because it's still Drakensang Online, but I prefered the old Drakensang more. Nonetheless some of the new features are undeniably good and helpful: Collector's Bag is handy and gives us nice rewards, they still make new events sometimes which is nice, they still make CE sometimes which are bugged I K N O W, but still! That's something, at least they try. I don't know what else to say. I loved this game, now I like it... Peace out

3. CH1976

CH1976 Forum Apprentice

It happened that I was left in the hands of incapable people ... Systematically the game deteriorated and they ignored the players who said it, even worse was that when something did well and we all said it, at the same time they ruined it, as if it were on purpose. Before there was information on everything, in the last two years practically nothing. In addition to the poor treatment of both support players and those who monitor the online comments, Many times in one way or another we were disrespected as if we owed BP something, and the reality is that we do not owe anything and that If we don't like what they offer and on top of that they treat us badly, we go to another game, since it is full of online games, and both with low resources and with many, there are many better games than this. Now they softly acknowledged that they were wrong with the 245, but it is late, and most of us are in other games and we are not going to return for some fix, they would really have to fix most of the disasters they made so that we weigh whether it is worth or not, It's worth coming back ... Failure after failure was almost all the events of recent times, failure was wanting to force us to see their live shows with limited bonuses. Anyway, the game was already very worn out, since almost nobody played and the cities were always with very few players .. Now, it seems like a ghost game, and the responsibility for that to happen was only BP, who made an effort so that so many of us leave the game.

4. mark-kim-8888

mark-kim-8888 Regular