What I should do

Discussion in 'Questions about Getting Started in the Game' started by Bartyy, Jul 17, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Bartyy

Bartyy Forum Greenhorn

Hi guys!
    I came back to game after really long time. I have knoledge about almost all changes. But still have some questions. My character is new, so I dont have any sets yet. We all know that CE is coming to us. Is it good idea to wait for getting all equipment (60 lvl) or I should drop this soon (DTU --> Dragan, NM). I dont really watch streams, so maybe you have more informations than me. What do you recommend for me. Wait, or going straight no matter of CA?

2. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello Bartyy and welcome back to the world of DSO! It's really good to see you :) As to your question... well- I shall leave it to others to express their thoughts about it :) ( I would wait tho' :) )

kindest regards;
    Shine2

3. gbit

gbit Forum General

Wait, better if you play and accumulate resources....all we will have to make new lvl60 builds (in a couple of months expansion will came) with new enchantments, new stats, ecc ecc.
    So seems to me a waste grinding for items that will be obsolete in October... But this is my opinion, perhaps others have different advices to give.

4. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I've still got some way to go with the Wisdom tree, but really mostly back-filling nice-to-haves there; almost all damage options are maxed out. I've got most of my gear glyphed up to Level 60. Gems are mostly at flawless, some sacred, but gem farming is pathetically slow on my comfort difficulty levels (Fatal for quick SND runs, Infernal I when I need gold, and slow-farming on Infernal II when I want junk gear for randomized crafting). So, I'm reaching a plateau in strength. I won't be able to progress until I either pristine craft 4-gold line (4-platinum line crafting is still a ways off) damage or crit rate onto another piece of my gear or drop the Q7 weapon.

There's no guarantee that you'll ever drop any specific piece of equipment. Some people have been farming Q7 for a couple years without dropping anything useful. And even at only Fatal, Herald is a pain for me (with an HP buff so I can survive a hit or two).

So, I'm continuing to plug away, farming for gold coin, gold and platinum enchantment lines, and just junk gear for randomized crafting and grinding at the workbench.

When the CE comes (when?), will the difference in strength between crafted to Item Level 65 and crafted to Item Level 60 gear pull me up high enough to lift me above that plateau? I'm betting no. I'm not waiting.

gbit likes this.