What is this and why?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by lucitm, Jan 9, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
  1. lucitm

lucitm Forum Greenhorn

2. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

Likely some kind of admin or a friend of an admin.

3. lucitm

lucitm Forum Greenhorn

Does it seem right to you?He's on the live server and he's going to the farm with other players.....

4. Nostalgiac

Nostalgiac Advanced

If you watch the video, at one point he says it's his "streaming character", not his own, and BP gave it to him to promote the game (most likely with financial compensation). I imagine his use of this character is restricted and only when streaming, to make the game look "cool" when he can easily kill everything with 300 lvl wisdom and max gems (idk why the items aren't lvl 140-145).

As long as it's a restricted character, and he doesn't do PvP, it's okay - the worst that can happen is he can carry his friends on highest difficulties, but currently that doesn't amount to much...

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Are you sure this is the live server? (i have no time to watch the video)
    Incorrect.
    Rule #1 in business "you don't poop where you eat".
    This kind of behavior and this kind of accounts on live servers are strictly forbidden (there is a reason for that).
    That is why the game is going down the drain ... for a quite some time.
    In this case we can see everything wrong with the game and not from the technical side.
    CM Haruki commented on player's questions and made public statement on this topic long time ago. That is company's statement and policy not her own.

Айлейд and silverseas like this.
  6. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

Well, it doesn't seem so, at least by his words, yes, you made me watch.
    00:55:34: "This is not test server this is actually live"

He multiple times also mentions it's not his character, it's by BP to promote or stream or whatever and he has to follow some rules.

Sooo maybe the company's policy has changed, to me, it seems slightly weird someone with 20 viewers and very narrow audience (basically just people already playing dso) would get any actual compensation - no disrespect meant.

Well, you can get far in this game if you have friends in high places obviously.

7. lucitm

lucitm Forum Greenhorn

Yesterday he was in pvp and beat us badly
    He groups with his friends and takes them to the farm
    It's correct ?

trakilaki and ргцт like this.
  8. Valencia

Valencia Forum Greenhorn

[​IMG]

Sadly yes its correct, i saw his videos and also spotted him today on Heredur Live Server, so i guess he isnt using his super OP DSO gifted char only for streaming but in fact he is using it all the time, ofcourse since his normal Tomato char is lowbie and useless in this CE. Is it fair to other players? Guess not so much. Seeing this type of behaviour and that it is seemingly allowed by BP makes me conclude YES this game is nearing its END. And imagine, rumours are, this not the only Free Gifted OP char from BP, there are many MANY more on the Live server.

All loaded with a Dragon mount, Full and Maxed Gems/Runs/Jewels, 300 Wisdom, Best Cloak, Best Uniques/set gear (although lvl100, its enough) and max speed and max 80% Crit, which is almost impossible to achieve for any other player.

Many times before i thought my opponent in PVP has so crazy much power while i was OP myself, but i felt like cannonfodder, now i understand why.... i believed before my opponent was a hacked account, guess BP makes his own hacks to frustrate legitimate and honest players even more if that is even possible after CE... i already waited too long but i am gonna remove my account and delete this game.

9. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Commissioner

Wow...great game :)
    I bet he payed for it just to enjoy the last chapter of this game

trakilaki and ргцт like this.
  10. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

I suppose they did just that and even before the EC, but now they have gone hard with the purges and filled everything up!

Excluding this at least there is something of interest about the stats even if it is not at the maximum but the skills are missing armor breaks the mind control that has not used and other essences.

The only thing and if you play in PVP what is the difference between a Bug user, a Bot user and a Big point user?

Do I see them all the same or that BP should be identifiable as a test PG isn't it?

trakilaki and jackoneill1976 like this.
  11. Nostalgiac

Nostalgiac Advanced

So, if all this is true, I was too charitable on my first impression, I expected BP to have at least some integrity regarding admin-level characters...

Is this how it is? So many players are leaving that BP is trying to bribe them with OP characters? Even if he paid to use this character, I very much doubt it was comparable to what one would need to pay to get max gems, not even talking about runes or wisdom...

12. trakilaki

This is just one last example of the anarchy ruling inside the company.
    It is about time BP to deal with them. That is not just not a promotion, it is quite opposite, it is a demotion and degradation of the game a a highest level. Everything done has been done opposite to the rules.
    The kid in the video is not at fault ... someone let him do what he is doing. This can't be done without a knowledge of an employee.
    If BP was a serious company they would have fired the responsible people right away.
    That is why the other employees are suffering and paying the price for something others have done.
    This kind of practice is pissing of the genuine consumer/customer base ... so don't expect them to forgive you for unintentional mistakes, rushed releases and broken features ... when you have these people tainting the company's reputation on daily basis.
    BP should deal with these failures inside the company instead of hunting witches elsewhere.

1vanka, Inu, Gaiuslucius and 3 others like this.
  13. Kernelly

Kernelly Junior Expert

Hey y'all. I wouldn't call it bribing. There are many games that sponsor players that stream or record videos regularly and provide these players with some starter items to present during the videos. That helps the video go straight to the point, people watching could see what the game has best to offer. Although I am not sure if the person on the video is sponsored or not. I am just speculating. Regards.

14. Nostalgiac

Nostalgiac Advanced

Except those are not "starter" items, those are (very) endgame items, something regular player can't hope to acquire in next few years, given current drop. Besides, this kind of promotion should not be done on regular server, especially not in PvP with other players where it screws the leaderboards.

kuwabaraz and Gaiuslucius like this.
  15. Kernelly

Kernelly Junior Expert

That's the thing, most of the streamers and Youtubers who get items record only a few videos and don't play these games much by themselves or their accounts exist only temporarily. I know that from my YT friend. I'm not saying this is the Bigpoint's case, my friend had sponsored items in a different game and only temporarily.

16. vincfang888

vincfang888 Forum Apprentice

This is just over the top

17. trakilaki

Imagine Smith & Wesson contracting a person to promote their newest product.
    The dude goes into their gun shops and kill 500 people (most of them S&W old customers) ... because he was promoting Smith & Wesson products.
    That is the exact analogy of what we are talking about in this thread.

bibere and ManaThief like this.