Support Whats the differance??

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by DocWhisky, Jun 1, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

What is the differeance between "Faster Attack Speed" .. and "Faster Weapon Attack Speed" ???? And how does each affect the overall APS of the toon???

And how can a weapon with 20% faster weapon attack speed, be faster than a weapon with 36% faster attack speed when both have the same base attack speed??????

2. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/r191.73717/page-4#post-671455

that there and posts above and below that post too- well- at least that's where you can start and then ask Baragain to cast more light on this subject :) ( sorry Baragain heheh but I know you like your maths:) )

3. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

it has to do with the game math, which you can see in the link in the post above. faster weapon attack speed makes the base speed of the weapon faster, and tha base speed gets multiplied by you other sources of faster attack speed. assuming you had a ton of other sources of faster attack speed, such as sapphires in the adornment and runes of celerity and speed gloves, the 20% faster weapon attack speed is better than 36% faster attack speed.

SirLouren likes this.
  4. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

It's... simple. Just apply logic... or make an analogy to "increased damage" (overall) vs. "increased weapon damage" (just on the weapon).

semen470 and _Baragain_ like this.
  5. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

i wasn't paying attention when I found new weapon and only after I swapped all the gems etc over did I see the effect. I had a bow with 17.7% faster speed line on this item and swapped with bow with 15.7% faster attack speed. I was shocked when I saw my speed drop by 0.16!! not the 0.02 or so that I was expecting. if you do the maths though it works out, but shows that faster speed on the item is a much better line than faster speed overall. I only kept the new item as my damage went up over 1k so higher dps overall.

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Here is the math (Yogo had to know it was coming, and Morinphen has the right idea):

In the thread referenced by Yogo, I gave an answer based on the following equation:

(Attack Speed Base)*(Σ(All %Attack Speed))= Displayed Attack Speed

But that only accounts for gems/other gear and was simplified to deal with 2H weapons that don't get attack speed. Weapons with % Faster Weapon Attack Speed actually get handled by the following equation.

(Attack Speed Base)*(Σ(All %Weapon Attack Speed))*(Σ(All %Attack Speed))= Displayed Attack Speed

Now, for two practical examples:

The player has 25% attack speed from gloves, 60% attack speed from gems/runes, and -10% for Behemoth for a total of 75% Attack speed.

Weapon 1: Long Bow
    0.8333333 Base speed
    20% Weapon Attack speed
    Other Damage Enchantments

(0.833333)*(1.2)*(1.75)= 1.75 Attacks per second

Weapon 2: Long Bow
    0.8333333 Base speed
    36% Attack speed

(0.833333)*(1.0)*(2.11)= 1.76 Attacks per second

Now, if we do two more examples, this time with a player who has more attack speed from gear, watch what happens:

The player has 38% attack speed from gloves, 82% attack speed from gems/runes, and -10% for Behemoth for a total of 110% Attack speed.

Weapon 1: Long Bow
    0.8333333 Base speed
    20% Weapon Attack speed

(0.833333)*(1.2)*(2.1)= 2.10 Attacks per second

Weapon 2: Long Bow
    0.8333333 Base speed
    36% Attack speed

(0.833333)*(1.0)*(2.46)= 2.05 Attacks per second

So, as you can see, the more Attack Speed you have in your gear, the more valuable a high line of % Weapon Attack Speed becomes. It became so significant that a 20% weapon attack speed became more valuable than 36% attack speed. As always, it is just a matter of understanding the math of the game.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Morinphen and semen470 like this.
  7. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

@_Baragain_ I believe you meant "36% att. speed" and not "weapon att. speed". :p

8. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Haha! I ninja edited you. I made my edit 34 min ago, you replied 28 min ago. :p

Morinphen likes this.
  9. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

Eh, time travellers. :oops:

Morinphen likes this.
  10. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Oh crap!!! .. I'm screwed!!!! lol ..

Thanks, Doc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.