Why BP? Why?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Hartvig, Jan 23, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Why do the Devs coninue implementing releases with bugs, they know from the very biginnning but doesn´t fix before releasing?
    From R108:
    WE DO NOT WANT BUGS, AND THERE SHOULD NOT EVEN BE A "KNOWN ISSUES" LIST!Players are playing on the TS, and they report bugs, you have PAYED people whos jobs is to find bugs and report them. Why do you then still release patches with bugs? EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW THE BUGS?
    I just want an honest answer. Why do you keep implementing releases when you KNOW they are filled with bugs and issues?
    Thats how the devs are killing the game. For every hotfix where you fix a bug, you just make a release with 3 times as many bugs.
    It is pathetic that such a big company can´t keep the game more clean.
    It is the best MMORPG game i have tried, but the devs are killing the game with all those bugs.
    But right now, all i want is an answer, why do you implement releases when you know they are filled with bugs?
    And Mods, don´t just delete this, i don´t insult anyone, whining about why the game is so bad... i am asking an honest question and i demand an answer!

Best regards,
    Hartvig

Medvídek, stasis and paprika like this.
  2. Callisto

Callisto Forum Pro

Would you rather wait extra weeks just for minor non important issues to be fixed?

3. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

YES! I would rather wait a month every time to have releases without bugs!
    And that is the problem in all of this! Every release contains some minor non important bugs. Now we have R117... Minor bugs from 117 releases?
    That is the core all of this, we see small bugs all the time. Every day we log in and play, we see minor bugs. But we have A LOT of minor non important bugs!
    And together, all those minor bugs destroys gameplay!
    Maybe the bugs are small, but THERE IS A LOT OF THEM!
    The devs can´t just keep implementing releases with bugs, because they can´t even fix as many bugs as they let through the releases!
    There are too many, thats the problem of all this. And some of the bugs, is so big and have such a big range of effeciency on gameplay, that i would rather wait 2 month to enjoy the release without bugs!
    But yes, the game would easier get boring with fewer releases, but rather that than not being able to play because it is all just a swamp of bugs.
    All those i play with daily, agrees with me. And i think a lot of those who played the new quest for ring of death would rather have waited a little longer, than being stuck with fragments that don´t work and have to do it all again.

paprika and moby31 like this.
  4. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

all bugs are important dont you think so?
    you have so many bugs because you try to fix everything at once, concentrate on the bigger ones, get those fixed before you start adding the updates and starting events..
    its better to fix a few, than to constantly add more with each update you add..

5. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

My signature says most of how I feel about this subject...

6. ZmajodBosne

ZmajodBosne Active Author

[​IMG]

Devipapa, sivak, Medvídek and 2 others like this.
  7. freewayfrank

freewayfrank Someday Author

i would rather events its a game there are always going to be bugs get use to it.But ill say one thing they do get fixed pretty fast ...Have fun

8. ZmajodBosne

There must be bugs, but it's amazing how with every patch they make even more bugs. I'm playing this game for a year and a half and there wasn't a patch that did not bring new bugs, not a single time.
    This game does not call for free brokensang.

9. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

And callisto, i forgot to mention.
    You didn´t answer my question;)
    Unless you mean that the devs are beleaving that we rather want lots of releases and lots of bugs than less releases and no bugs.
    Then the devs must be speaking old greek or something wenn they don´t understand that we are tired of bugs!
    Few bugs is in every game, but DSO is making worldrecords...

Magratka and paprika like this.
  10. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

So tell that to the people that complain about waiting times for updates. If it took longer for updates to be implemented they would be pretty angry.

11. paprika

paprika Forum Apprentice

Minor bugs ? Is it a minor bug that dwarven class didn't get any drop and even party with dwarf didnt get any drop if turret was used ?

Turret is main skill of dwarf. OMG.

Is it a minor bug that people collected frags from Mortis for months and after that they should drop them off ?

Is it a minor bug that archers got Christmas shields with weapon stats and slots for jewels ?

Is it a minor bug that people put stones in it and now are not able to put them out ?

Is it a minor bug that BP made a facebook survey and promised a reward and half a month after the survey was closed BP doesn't have a script needed for rewarding?

As Hartvig said:
    It is pathetic that such a big company can´t keep the game more clean.

I agree 1000 %

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    trpajzl, Medvídek and stasis like this.
  12. ArcaneMaster

ArcaneMaster Active Author

depends on how "minor" the bug is

we know its impossible to release patches 100% bug free, especially products with such a patch cycle. but one has to ascertain the severity of the bug. if any bug makes players loose some hard earned stuff (drops/money/time) then fixing these issues has higher priority than pushing another bad build.

if minor bug is: "An icon is missing for the dwarfs torso armor." then there is nothing much to complain

but

if a minor implies that ill curse myself for spawning guardian who ate all my loot.... then definitely yes!!
    giving a footnote(work around) asking players not spawn their only life shield(guardians for sw) is not cool.

paprika likes this.
  13. paprika

paprika Forum Apprentice

Agree. And we are not facing only bugs.
    All of us is aware of the biggest monsters in the game.
    It is not Destructor, Sargon etc ...

The biggest monster of the game is "Fork - unable to create a map" and Error 21.

Thank you BP for it.

Medvídek likes this.
  14. ZmajodBosne

BP has previously worked surveys and sent a prizes, but with a greater delay.
    If I remember correctly it was 1000 andermants before for survey.

Roztoč likes this.
  15. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

(Caution: I did nor sleep well last night, woke up very early so this is going to be a long rambling post while I pound some very strong coffee and shake off my nighttime meds :rolleyes:)

Some of the posts here have mentioned the bug about summon's kills that caused no loot drop. They jumped on that one right away (and since the hot fix was released on a Monday I would suspect at least some up the devs gave up their weekend to work on this.)

Going back to the old forum there was a thread asking what we wanted to see in 2014. Most responses were for things that individuals desired for themselves. Only a couple of posts (including one from me) said our priority was to work on bugs in the early part of the year. Where was everyone then who seem to be livid about this topic now?

As for the releases containing "known issues" which would you prefer? Not letting us be aware of these so we can adjust our gameplay accordingly or just keeping us in the dark until we discover them ourselves?

While BP appears to big a big company that is only because of the number of games it has. Each game has it's own team. I remember a group photo of the the DSO dev team on FB some time ago and there were less than two dozen people in it. Really not that many for a game of this complexity. I am talking about the hands on folks who design and code this game.

Let's compare that to a really big game publisher (which is much larger than BP) and just one of their games, WoW. The dev shop for that game has about three times as many hands on folks. And guess what... every patch of that game comes with bugs that have to be addressed in the next patch. Only they do not officially announce these until they have fixed them. Granted their patches are fewer and farther between but this game has been around since 2004.

If you want want to do some research on one of their newer releases, D3, you will see the same thing. Huge dev shop but with much more frequent patches and lots of bugs.

An interesting side note: WoW reached 10M registered users only a couple of months before DSO did and DSO has only been available to the public for about 2 1/2 years. This rapid growth in the player base has caused problems in the past. Did you know that the chat system you see today is not the original one. The player population grew so fast it actually broke the original chat system and a whole new one had to be built to replace it.

At one time the release cycle between patches was one week. They extend this to two weeks as the game became more complex I assume to give them more time to get each patch right.

Consider this as well. Some of the bugs do not affect all players. This makes them particularly hard to fix. I recently noticed a new thread about DK stun charge still not working right. I have never had a problem with this as well as many players I know ingame. Remember the SW teleport bug? Same thing, it did not affect everyone. (I was spared from this one also.) Does anyone have an RG with an invisible quiver/shield? I have a couple of these. This bug started back in the spring of 2012. (I suspect that since this one only affects appearance and not gameplay it probably not a top priority fix.)

I also recall the problem with the stats on offhand changing from time to time. I got involved with support on that one. Close to 20 back and forth emails with me trying this and that and feeding them info. I have know idea how much this helped to fix the problem but it was fixed. So how many are willing to get involved like that or are just content with complaining on the forum?

I do agree that there seems to be a lack of testing and QA. For whatever reason stablebuild (the test server) does not seem to emulate actual conditions on the live servers. I still would like to more clean up a less content at least for a while.

That being said though I see no indication that the folks involved with the creation of this game are nothing less than professionals who take pride in their work. This is their chosen career. Considered their frustration when things don't work as planned. After all, they are the ones who have to figure things out and fix them. Complaining is the easy part.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  16. Roztoč

Roztoč Forum Greenhorn

Well, let allow people to play with 1to1 copy of their characters from live servers and it will emulate all problems very good.
    Nothing special there.
    But BP is afraid to do that for unknown reason. They have even locked Dwarfs on test. OMG, are they so stupid or simply don't care about testing. Probably both.

Medvídek likes this.
  17. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

with so many bugs happening all the time you would have thought that the company would have changed the devs by now, instead of having all the bad press...
    yes there will always be bugs in a game, but not constant one after another..
    feels like they on a self destruct mission....normal companies would test before adding anything but i guess these are not normal...

18. Roztoč

Roztoč Forum Greenhorn

It's not so easy change development team as every game is a big living project and you need experienced people who are working on that project for years.

You can fire all developers easilly but the source code will be a blackbox for the new team for half an year untill they will found out all dependencies.

19. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

Why would they be fired anyways? Bugs are all too common in every game. You should all be a bit happy that they are, too. I am sure most of you took advantage of 'good bugs'. You know, the ones that make your in-game life easier. Mortis trap, super-easy Map 1 and 2, reset map by going to switch character menu, and etc. You didn't complain then.

20. Medvídek

Medvídek Forum Apprentice

sry man but you didn't catch it.

if they are making patch 117 to fix plenty of bugs and they didnt repair nearly any of declared bugs and made new big bug with loot and summons- it's EPIC FAIL.

They needed hotfix to fix loot and at least 5 major bugs remained still unfixed (archer's shield, Mortis frags, Guild menu - you can't sort people depending on online-offline, monsters are still invisible, PVP remained still unbalanced - you can play 3vs1 instead 3vs3).

The game is not free and people pay a lot of money. So it will be fair to pay attention to the bugs in this game.

:) probably both :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.