Why choose Temp folder to keep the client files?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Shynobuo, May 18, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shynobuo

Shynobuo Forum Greenhorn

Hi there, this is something that a lot of people complain about, sometimes even not directly, as in "OMG my files got deleted out of nowhere, popped the game open and started downloading everything from scratch!".

This causes a lot of problems, the system Temp folder is NOT meant for persistent files, as shockign as it may seem, as the name states, it should hold TEMPORARY files.

The thing is, why on earth would the devs make such a poor design/development choice?

Ok, the game was first designed to run on a browser (I guess it's still possible to do it), back then it was ok, to hold things on the temp folder. But c'mon guys, you launch a stand alone client AND KEEP THINGS ON THE TEMPORARY folder?

I'm sorry, but I'm not the first and won't be the last to point out that it's just plain stupid.

Does anybody ever heard something from the devs as to why this is the way it is, and if they're ever gonna change it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.