Why do Mods/Admins merge players threads????

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cigarbennett, Jan 4, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

Why do Mods/admins what ever you are called, merge players threads? Most of the threads post are in reply to another player on a different subjects.

You merge them all together and lose the original context for which they were posted. They become just a mishmash of posts. You put them all together and they make no sense when removed from where they were originally posted.

Thnx for your time.

2. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hello @cigarbennett ,

I did merge your posts because consecutive posts are one form of spam. You can't post 1000 posts to answer to 1000 players. In the future, make use of the Edit button. I would also like to recall that you can quote certain text parts. On top of that, you can quote multiple posts in one single answer. That's why you have to learn to make use of these functions before creating consecutive posts.

Kind regards,

3. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

Spam???????? How is it spam when I click the reply button that is part of these threads that you(Bigpoint) have with each thread. There were all different topics about the event. 1: I liked the event,,, 2: Topic about Glitch not letting players finish quest, Traki resolved for my friends to continue and play the event. 3: Separate Topic on farming frags to participate in the event. If you supply the reply button so players can respond to other players it is not spam. It is a response to other players with my opinion on their thread.. You need to take time and read what you are just merging and making a mishmash out of everything.

Oh and go ahead and mark this reply as spam also. Seeing as I used the reply button that Bigpoint provided in their format for these threads.

have a nice day.

aBDuLHaMiTHaN likes this.
  4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Well, that's because multiple subjects/replies, as Sunlight wrote, can be covered in a single post.

While spam can be too strong a word for that, multiposting is certainly unnecessary given the clear quote markup on this forum, and it often creates an impression of more players speaking than there actually are. So yes, I agree that such posts should be merged.

You can click the reply button before you public your post, and this way those replies will be in a single post. You can even mark a part of the post your replying to... it could even be your own post... and then (unless you're using some ancient browser that doesn't support that) click the reply button that should appear next to the marked text. That's what I did here in this post. And I did it specifically to show you that it's possible, meaningful, and it's not too big a burden. Quotes divide the post enough for it to be visible which reply is to whom/what.

Bundin and Alpaca like this.
  5. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

Yes as I did with each post, clicked the reply button next to the post. Just like I did here... If the Admins don't like the way the format in which the reply posts the responses. Then update the format.

6. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

This is not copy-paste. This is the result of clicking the reply on your post 6 times. What do you not understand? You don't have to post one reply to click another (or the same) post next time.

7. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

And what do you not understand? It is the reply button that Bigpoint provides. If they do not like the way threads generate by using it. Then they can change it. Or get rid of it all together.

8. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Let me try to illustrate as well.

I clicked Reply on your last post, @cigarbennett, which caused the text editor to quote your message for me above. In this case, I'll leave the entire post intact.

But, before I click the larger Post Reply button below the editor window, I'm going to scroll up and click on the Reply button under another message …

That added a quote from another one of your messages into my still-in-progress reply.

This allows me to bring separate pieces of the conversation into a single larger response before I finally hit that Post Reply button and send the entire thing up to the message board.

You may not prefer this multiple-replies-in-a-single-message methodology, but it's the format that has been decided upon years ago; everyone else has adapted to it. The mods here apply the same rules to every user, so please don't think you're being unevenly punished; @Sunlight is simply letting you know what the rules are, and @ΣMiwel and I are trying to help explain to you how to apply them to your own posts.

Alpaca likes this.
  9. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

You are correct it is the format Bigpoint has choose. If they don't like the way the replies generate with in their own system. Then they can change it, or remove it don't care which. It is the format Bigpoint choose not the players.

10. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

@cigarbennett nothing is wrong with the forum, it is just you do not know how to use it. :)
    Each forum user has obligation to get familiar with the forum rules and learn to use the forum and forum tools properly, before start posting. You are an old forum user, yet you fail in all that. You cannot even make difference between thread and post.
    Consecutive posting is not allowed, merging consecutive posts is up to the good will of the mod/admin. We have no obligation to merge them together and waste precious time on teaching people. We can, and we do delete them as spam.

Thread closed.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.