Why is this game so pay-to-win

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by StupidNameIKnow, Oct 25, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StupidNameIKnow

StupidNameIKnow Forum Greenhorn

I'm level 12 and I'm already beginning to notice this game is heavily pay-to-win. I thought this was a unique MMORPG, not a skinner-box, WoW clone cash grab

HUH?

Last edited by moderator: Nov 20, 2014
  2. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

You are going to fit in well on the forum...

The simple truth is that all (at least the ones I have played) online MMORPG games give paying players the ability to level faster and get stronger quicker than non paying players.

Of course some games are worse than others but with so many games on the internet people have a choice in which games they choose to play.

If you feel this particular game too heavily favors the paying players it wouldn't be hard to find another. I highly doubt BP is going to force you to play this game.

There are hundreds of comments/complaints on this particular subject (almost happens daily) and BP doesn't seem likely to change their minds on the matter.

There are plenty of "free" players who play this game and some do it incredibly well. Yes it will take you longer to get strong, but it is possible.

3. -deathraider-1

-deathraider-1 Forum Greenhorn

Been playing 1 1/2 years to build one strong character..only level 16 at this time. No money means patience.

4. deaththrol

deaththrol Forum Apprentice

there is no point talk about it.only thing i know is the more you pay bigger chance to win is

5. randomeclipse

randomeclipse Forum Greenhorn

I don't mind paying a few pounds a month to assist me, I mean it helps both me and BigPoint out too!

6. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I want to know what I win. Simply put this game is not free and there needs to be an incentive to fork over your money. I tend to feel that one day it might become easier for free to win players to get stuff.

7. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

i'd rather have free to play and pay for extra stuff,then pay to play, anytime,,unless u want to go back in the dark ages when we need to download a Demo of the game,good for 10 levels. lol :p

8. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

It is not that bad. When you learn the game, you will realize that pay to win is not so over-advantageous over the free players.
    In the lower levels it can make a huge difference, but as you get higher and higher in levels, the advantage diminish quite rapidly.

jthames likes this.
  9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Since the dark ages until now we are downloading cracked games.
    Demos are for noobs.
    Long live the pirate community! :D

xVindictus likes this.
  10. MegaNuker

I tend to think twining came from this era and has been around ever since. I remember a game or two play til level 20 free. Once you leveled to 21 you where locked out.

11. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

agreed , in the 30's if you know what your doing you can compete with payers. but this will cost you patience.

12. jackknife

jackknife Forum Greenhorn

I have been playing for around aweek and im at lv 21 on my main account I find it a lot of fun and rewarding exp. my other accounts can't seem to make to it. they don't get the ggod drops

13. markomiljanov

markomiljanov Someday Author

Just grind and be patient, no money takes a lot of time to build up toon

14. Erilune

Erilune Forum Apprentice

I am f2p and have found this game to be least restrictive to free players as compared to some other online games that I have tried....I am lvl 41 atm, and I admit I may not be the strongest player around, but at least I am able to do everything that a paying player can do albeit with some patience and perserverance....

I have played games where only premium players get special skills and quests which is not the case with DSO so I would like to encourage disgruntled f2p people to have a bit of patience or fork out some moola if you can't wait....that is the basic premise that keeps this game going and it also pays for the game developers without whom their would be no game to begin with.

15. Mindship

Mindship Forum Inhabitant

Gold, Jerry. Gold.

16. Thekkcajj

Thekkcajj Forum Greenhorn

Pay to win?!? so far this game has been nothing but solid,their is nothing to pay for to win.all currency can be earned in game from what i seen and none of the game content is restricted,is it? is their anything worth paying for (besides helping out the devs). this game is pretty much free and quite some fun

17. MegaNuker

If you want to max out you attack gems then you might have to fork out some doe. I have been able to farm 3k anderment a day in map 2 buy this is quite rare. I think it is 197k anderment for one maxed out attack gem. Maybe more.

18. Thekkcajj

Thekkcajj Forum Greenhorn

Attack gems?what matter of item do you speak of? i care not for stats and the best skills but just to enjoy the game like in diablo(level 60 max hunter) so until i reach the point where i need "attack gems" i shall enjoy slaughtering hordes of beast and nabbing their loot (although the price for extra inventory slots seem a little high but i haven't reached and inventory problem yet)

19. MegaNuker

Attack gems go in you weapon. It is no needed you might find some +1 and +2 attack gems. but for the most part the +15 ect damage gems would be something you would pass up.

20. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You should distinguish the two terms: "Free to Play" and "Pay to Win".
    Anyone can play for free ... but by playing PVE you don't win anything
    It is clearly that if you wan't to win (ex. PVP) you should pay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.