Why the constant updating/downloading?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Rhysingstar, Aug 9, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Since the last release, every couple days when I sign in I have to wait for the game to download before being able to sign in.

While this is annoying in and of itself, each time it downloads, I lose every single game setting.

Still shows 195_10 but something is causing the constant downloads.

2. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Clear out your Temp folder (disk cleanup), then go to your temp folder (use %temp% for fast access) and delete your DSO folder.

Then redownload and it should be ok.

3. Rhysingstar

I've deleted temp files, I've uninstalled and re-installed, yet it still happens. This started with 194 and is constant now.

4. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @Rhysingstar ,

Thank-you for your report.
    Personally, I am not experiencing that issue and no reports seen around so far :( It should only happen when there is a new game version and/or you delete your temp files...
    As you can detect a pattern on that (since R194), please, I kindly ask you to open a ticket to our support team and explain them the situation - they may require you logfiles.
    Cheers,

5. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

This started happening to me then all of a sudden. So deleted game and files with it to redone load and suddenly can't even open site. Only site I can't get to. This happens on my pc so I had to go to my iPad to say this on forum. I can't download game now because site won't work. When I search it on google and resd info before clicking on site it said a site won't let me view info because robots.txt. So what is going on here. Again the only site not working.

6. Rhysingstar

When R196 was released it stopped, but the hotfix brought it back. I've given up on the client and started playing in browser which isn't all that much fun since almost all them gave up on java.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.