Wow :)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Lucien, Apr 6, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucien

Lucien Forum Apprentice

Been looking for a game to play on my mac for quite some time now, came across Drakensang in a list of others and decided to check it out...

This game has totally blown me away, the controls are simple, the combat is satisfying, the map is great, it's visually beautiful and the mac client performs great on my macbook air for saying it's only at the beta stage (a lot of game developers seem to neglect their mac client). I can't wait to convert others in to playing this game!

I'm also a computer scientist and love to see a game that's been made properly, the UI has definitely had lots of thought put into it and performance wise it's been great so far, keep up the amazing work.

2. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

You haven't played enough then, you will soon change your mind what you think... rofl

Always A Pleasure
    Soxx...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Hellamyjamgirl likes this.
  3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

@Lucien
    With all the pros and cons this game is still great.
    Even trolls like @soxx101 are great, they are quitting this game every day in the past months and years ... yet they are still playing and will definitely quit tommorow. :D

4. Melethainiel

Melethainiel Team Leader Team Drakensang Online

Hello @Lucien and welcome to the EN DSO Forum. Great to hear you're enjoying our little game, thank you! :)

jthames likes this.
  5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Just remember that the Mac Client is still in the Beta phase and is likely to be even more buggy than the normal game. I hope you enjoy this game as you progress and don't be a stranger on the forums. If you need some help, be sure to check out the guides found here and the game wiki. And of course, you can always ask for help here.

jthames likes this.
  6. Hellamyjamgirl

Hellamyjamgirl Junior Expert

Hahahaha. I agree with
    Hahaha I totally agree with Soxxx on this one. At first you will like it, after a month when they empty your pocket and realise what the hell you've been doing, you will not xD

soxx101 likes this.
  7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

The easy answer is don't spend money... then you aren't worried about getting what you pay for.

8. Warmaster666

Warmaster666 Forum Apprentice

Lucien, once you understand DSO and Bigpoint, you'll change your mind. Personally, I'm a retired player, haven't logged in at all in about 6 months. The thing with DSO, is that it has great potential. It could be in top 3 best MMORPGs ever. It isn't because of the unmeasurable GREED of Bigpoint. In the last year, they changed a lot of stuff, so now almost everything is designed to suck money out of players.

The drops in PvE are laughable, so farming is out of the question now if you want to get anywhere. You can only pay real money, unless you want to grow old farming mobs in DSO. Example: if you want to farm andermant for a +10 damage gem, you'll have to farm for about... 30 hours o_O Yep. 6 months ago (drop has not changed since), I was getting 200 ander max in 1 hour, a +10 gem is about 6000 ander, do the math yourself. So, 30 hours for a lame +10 damage, when on higher lvls, everyone has above 400 base damage. Use logic and tell me who's stupid enough to waste 30 hours of their life in this manner? That's the main reason I left DSO. I felt I was not getting proper reward for my activity.

Another reason is bad matchmaking in PvP and, more importantly IMO, the unbalance real money bring into the game. So, unless you want to pay hundred of dollars and become a mighty credit card warrior, stay out of PvP. In arena, the heavy shoppers just farm the free2play and casual shoppers. Now, it's nothing wrong with spending money on a game you enjoy (and also getting in-game advantages), but in DSO, the gap between heavy shoppers and the rest is just HUGE at lowers lvls, and it also makes a big difference at max lvl.

Sorry about long post. I hope you understand my point. :cool:

9. Lucien

Lucien Forum Apprentice

Thanks for the good read, I'm very new to the game and have enjoyed it so far, maybe later on I will experience similar difficulties (I'm not really one for splashing out on mmorpgs). I really think this game has the potential to be up there in the top mmorpgs when just looking at the game but maybe there are issues with imbalances, drops and bad market prices, I am yet to encounter these issues since I'm new. For now I can enjoy the game, if I find I'm not being rewarded or that I have to spend money to progress, then so be it, I shall leave and hope that one day it changes it's ways :)

Thanks for all your opinions everyone!

jthames likes this.
  10. Hellamyjamgirl

I couldn't say it better myself, but BP will never change it though. We've been tellin this to Admins or whatever in months, they never listen. They just close the chat and that's how they deal with it. I can't stop playing because I have so many friends in-game and somehow I feel commited because I've payed lots of my own money, even though they don't deserve it. I can't even enjoy the game without buying premium. Bigpoint is too greedy ! Sale events 24/7 that says alot about it, they only ant money, money is their priority and not their players.

11. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Yup, me 2!
    This game has such a great potential, but BP is nothing but greedy.
    The answer of why im still playing it, is that i have too many friends to leave. But sometimes it is even fun to play "Bug Wars" with BP! They are making a crazy lot of bugs, find the usefull one and use them! You have te be really smart if you wanna find the good ones;)
    And Lucien,
    The games looks very great and is nothing but impressive, but when you start to advance, you will notice not just some few bugs, but a world of bugs, and BP´s greed is clear. Its just too obvious.

But the way of gaming in DSO is just the way of gaming in my situation, if i should leave, i would go for Path of Exile or Diablo, cuz they look 99% like DSO.
    But without any kind of BP behind...

Theusen likes this.
  12. Hellamyjamgirl

Hahaaaa bug wars, true that.

But I will soon order The Elder scrolls online, atleast the developers there care for their players, and listens to them unlike here in DSO. aND I'd rather spend my money on a game that deserves it !

13. crimsonfang

crimsonfang Forum Apprentice

let the guy enjoy the game for some time after playing for sometime he will figure out dso by himself also we cant deny the fact that whn we were young like him we all liked dso very much but as we progressed we learned our lessons and dso is still better thn most other games considering the fact it can be played in browser

14. Hellamyjamgirl

True I agree when we were new players w eliked it until we learned what BP really wanted.

But I can' agree with you, that just because it can be played in browser it's better, it's a big plus, but still..

The droprate in the game is a complete joke and very unfair. For example, I've used more than 2 years of farming for a unique, no luck. While other players get it by killing Khalys a few times. There is countless bugs in DSO, we are drowning in bugs ! And tere is ALWAYS sales every single day, so they can lure players to pay money. They are slowly destroying the game.

I've even heard they are the ones who make bot programs for DSO, so when players pay for bots, that's money right in their greedy pockets. Wouldn't suprise me if it was true, cause we all know money is the one thing they care about even if it means getting it the dirty way. They say on forum botusers get permanent ban, but they lied. They get ban for max a month. They ignore the vides of EDIT, where alot of botuses are caught on video. And on top of that they made it possible to hide your name, this gives botusers a big oppurtunity to using bot even more, without worrying they get caught because they hid their name. Just unbelievable BP !

Last edited by moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  15. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

The function of hiding name is only on our own screen! If i hide my name, other players can still see it;) It is for taking pictures, or just if a player(like me) get tired of seeing their own name flying above their head all the time:p

16. jthames

jthames Advanced

Without doubt one of the most refreshing, reasoned, fairest, uplifting and straightforward posts I've ever read on these forums! You are the epitome of the proverbial breath of fresh air. Your post is relevant to and could be applied to many things in life, not just some silly game that we all waste too much of our limited and very precious time on, time that is gone forever and that we'll never get back. Thank you so much.

17. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

I tried keeping my mouth shut, but anyone who knows me can see the prblm there. :rolleyes:
    Soooo,
    @Lucien .. Welcome!!!
    I'm so glad to hear such an enthusiasm, your post really made me smile and remember the time I was starting, I was also blown away, got addicted in no time. :D
    Now about all those pessimists around. Don't take them seriously, as you can see, they are still here :p Really, this game has some flaws and prblms. But it's constantly developing, something is always going on and through all the time I've been here, somehow most of community requests have been done/considered. No matter what "unhappy" people might say, I always have a feeling that our feedback matters to the big guys and that they do want to see us enjoying the game.
    Furthermore, I am f2p, and I believe I can enjoy playing here as much as any "I've payed millions of euros and am god of arena" egomaniac around. There are those kind of people, but I don't see how they should ruin my/your experience. I get killed 1hit. I kill them sometimes too. It's the way it works.
    Bots.. well this is being covered, right? :D
    Aside from that, this game has an awesome community which is great for all those endless farmings :p

I wrote a huge post again, I should stop doing this. Good luck! :cool:
    (ps. If you have any questions about game, feel free to ask here, someone will always help - great community, what can I say :D )

Mal3ficent and jthames like this.
  18. Lucien

Lucien Forum Apprentice

Ok, so just from the amount of responses on the first thread I've ever posted I can see here that the community here is good, it's nice to see you all sharing thoughts and discussing matters.

Bad news is, a lot of negativity towards Bigpoint as a company - which could be fully justified but I can't really speak from my own personal experience yet.

@Hartvig @Hellamyjamgirl I obviously have no idea what their current marketing strategies are but in my opinion rather than charging players right when they get into the game and bringing in the concept of real money purchases, it would be better to have a fully playable, bug free, and enjoyable free-to-play side where nothing asks for real cash and a premium subscription for the more serious players to gain extra benefits and content. I understand the feeling of having to commit to a game to have fun with others, it would be amazing if this game could take off like games such as RS did, and personally I believe it could take off but only if everything the community supported was looked into and dealt with in a positive way to improve the gaming experience for the more seasoned members of this community and to have less emphasis on money.

@jthames No problem, expressing our opinions is very important, especially in a gaming community. I'm glad to have given you a fresh outlook.

@-Faeriequeen22- Not sure how bad the botting is in Drakensang, it's an increasing problem in pretty much all popular mmo's now. I also hope you're right in that our feedback does matter to the developers and most importantly our criticisms, it's alright giving complements like I did, but constructive criticism is a very good way of knowing what needs to be changed.

All in all, I know for myself, the feeling of a company being greedy or ignorant towards its players can be very off putting. Even when starting for the first time I noticed straight away that some items would have to be bought with real money, which did make me reconsider my choice of mmorpg to try. Gaming is a rich ecosystem, there is a lot of money involved but at the end of the day without players there is no money. I really hope for Bigpoints sake that they take into account all of your thoughts on the games development and what the community wants, it would be a great shame to see such an aesthetically pleasing and fresh game fail to meet the needs of the players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.