2 Handed Weapons (showcase and talk - DK only)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Master0fpuppets, May 5, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What 2H Weapon do you prefer over all?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2017.
  1. 2H Sword

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. 2H Axe

41 vote(s)
    56.9%
  3. 2H Hammer

19 vote(s)
    26.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nashedi000

nashedi000 Someday Author

wow... congratz GoodMood for Upgrading it to lvl 50... thats lot of gylphs u invested in this sword :)

2. thebearreturns

thebearreturns Exceptional Talent

congratulations goodmood :)
    only you know how much time it took to you

3. Z0mbi

Z0mbi Forum Apprentice

stefanofsang and GamesShortCut like this.
  4. -GOL.D.ROGER-

-GOL.D.ROGER- Regular

CallMeFate and xEthnic like this.
  5. CallMeFate

CallMeFate Advanced

Awesome sword :eek: grats :)

6. Hulk

Hulk Active Author

Congratz! With 5 slot to add 5 sacred rubies (+25 damage)= 598 damage / sec. If your 4 atrribute would be come 34,2 increased wepaon damage instead of critical then your weapon base damage with 5 sacred rubies would be=687 damage / sec! Nice, nevertheless:D

7. whisperkiller

whisperkiller Forum Apprentice

Wow.... Seriosly overpowered sword... And with those gems... Insanity man

8. thebearreturns

i think a +75 dmg line instead critical dmg should be more interesting than a 4th % weapon dmg...
    this +75dmg with the % weapon dmg+30%(cause Dragan set)+40%(cause mastery).. 222.75dmg only from the 75 dmg line...

btw.. today's ID.. and not.. not joking it's real:
    [​IMG]
    stats are dmg
    %increased weapon dmg
    omg!!! pls i wanna my COT back!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  9. Дарки

Дарки Junior Expert

My last one and the searching continues
    [​IMG]

10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

If that were a 2H sword, I'd take it. As a hammer... Meh.

11. thebearreturns

why?... speed?.. but speed is for pvp and 2H for farming (i think people goes that way)
    and at same time hammer and axes makes more dmg with might swing and dragon fury...

12. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

2H sword is becoming more viable for pvp; for example, Warlord set plus 2H sword can work well for pvp and I see more doing that now. Just stick your sapphires in the adornment and rubies in the sword.

13. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

With the right gear choices, it is not too hard to get a 2H sword up to 1.4-1.6 attacks per second (APS). That is very viable for PvP. However, a Hammer is about .18 APS slower, and when you consider the fact that Attack speed modifiers effect the base attack speed, that is an extra 0.018 APS per Sacred sapphire. This may not sound like much (especially considering that most of us can't afford 10% speed gems), but it is roughly equal to 0.06 APS if you had 5x6.5% Sapphires which is equivalent to almost another radiant sapphire. But if that isn't important to you, feel free to keep ID'ing Hammers and Axes.

thebearreturns likes this.
  14. Дарки

Дарки Junior Expert

I... don`t have word to explain how surprised am I.
    This is a place to show 2-handed weapons. This means that all DK here have the same understanding what means to use 2-handed weapon. It is good way to farm alone and it is best way to farm Mortis and other bosses cause of the high dmg and cause of the slow speed - less ess loses. Cause the Hammer have the best of this 2 characteristics - lowest speed and biggest dmg - all DK with brain searching for them. It is easy to find in 1 month Hammer it self that gives near 600 dmg with now rubies and enhancement in it. I will be very surprised if any DK look for something else in the 2-handed path. Of course, everybody is free to search for a milk somewhere down there of the Bull and wings in the Turtle, why not.

15. thebearreturns

i think the difference between swords and hammers damage is less than the speed value... but for big bosses i think you're right (few single hits, and mighty swing and dragon's fury are more important here)

16. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

On the first side you can see my lovely hammer, nice amount of dmg, but also a critdmg of 39,9%. All in all, insane dmg per hit.
    If you plan on PvP with 2H, ofcourse you must find a nice sword then, but for PvE, speed just means more use of essens.
    The only arguments i can see to have high speed on 2H in PvE, is for higher DPI(but still, high dmg is more worth thanks to mighty swing and dragons fury) and quicker reaction-time. Slow speed can be a problem at a very hard map where your HP goes to 0 in 4 seconds. You need to use mighty swing to keep yourself alive, then speed can save your life because you don´t get stuck in the middle of a very slow attack, and need to use mighty swing.

But i have to say, all in all, swords is best thanks to the much higher overall DPI and possibility of faster reactions, but hammers are still lovely for mortis - nearly no use of essens at all :D

17. thebearreturns

for the moment i have a playable 2H sword, what i need is a decent weapon decoration and now grimmagstone dungeon seems to be removed :( ... any1 knows where to farm low lvl weapon decorations?

18. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

The base level 8 wep dec drops in Swerfield. Haggastove Grotto drops both the level 8 and the level 13 version of the basic ornament. Not a problem since these will level down as long as you have at least one level 8 to put in the crafting mix.

Of course as always this will take a ton of farming to get the right one to go with your 2H sword.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

19. tsilibourdas1981

tsilibourdas1981 Junior Expert

Question:so 2handed sword+dragan and keen ..what torso you prefer karabossa,destructor,essence torso?

20. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I think I've seen a few 2h + dragan set wearers use sargan's powerful torso. Not sure if they also used keen's but such a setup would give decent hp and armor, as well as some pvp speed. You'll want to have crit on the other gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.