Feedback Anniversary Event 2018

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Mal3ficent, Aug 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

Spent entire day of farming for 60 dye's, 4x shadow minion costumers 1 day, and 60 drakens.
    Nothing about this event seems festive, this is a punishment on a monumental scale.

This is the 3rd time this event is in the game.

Do me a favor for next year....

Delete it.

chopi likes this.
  2. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

Is Zumpe's Pinata dropping group lesser runes?

3. KingKrazy1

KingKrazy1 Active Author

I saw on the wiki that Zumpe's pinata DOES drop the lesser runes from the All for None event.

4. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Indeed , Zumpe possible drops include Lesser Group Effect Runes. You can find all related information here

good luck

5. HellenicMacedonian

HellenicMacedonian Active Author

Great disappointment with bigpoint.

Even the mini challenge is just as boring along with the rest.

They have made an event and just change their name and graphics and present it as a different one.

There is no "salvation".

From what it seems we have to move.

6. vegetadavid

vegetadavid Forum Mogul

Hello,

I good like this event even if rewards are a little weaks...
    An other bad point is that im tired to sell consumable fireworks, it's sad !

So i propose that we generally win in eggs 5/10 festive ess and a few times fireworks for the collector's bag.

7. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

To the BigPoint staff: You have really outdone yourselves with the DSO Anniversary event! This product is of such excellent quality, I have started telling my patients to discard their sleeping pills. Instead, I've told them to sign up for a DSO account, and incorporate this event into their sleep hygiene routine. One run of the Anniversary Arena produces 8 hours of high quality sleep. Patients usually start out skeptical, but after one try, they get a night of sound sleep - sometimes for the first time in years! With such glowing reviews, I suggest formally submitting this product to obtain official approval and an indication for curing insomnia.
    /sarcasm

Ok, in all seriousness, this event is just half a step above the two worst events I ever played from DSO (All for One and the Perils of Time). However, it is far from being a good event. Given that this event is supposed to celebrate everything about this Drakensang, that's quite disappointing. I'm far too tired to write an essay at this hour, so you get my feedback in note form instead.

Here are the good points:
    • You can farm Egg Openers on pretty much any map - normal world, PWs, etc. So you can just keep doing whatever you're normally doing. Inclusive. -nods approvingly-
    • Even weak players can participate since the Arena is played in Normal difficulty. This means I can add anyone who asks to join, without needing to think about whether or not they are actually useful or an AFK dead body 90% of the time.
    • A mount and a costume to add to my collection.
    • Some achievements for hardcore collectors.
    Now here are the bad points (and some suggestions for improvements):
    • This game is supposed to be an ARPG. Where's the "action" part of it? It's certainly missing from the Arena - it's so slow. I log into the game excited to play the event and spend time with friends, but after one run I am yawning and spending time chatting instead of farming the event because I'm bored. Speed up the spawns instead of just increasing hp/dmg when changing difficulties. Right now it takes longer to do a run of the Arena in Normal than it does to do a run of PW in Infernal I, and the drops suck in comparison. Bonus: Make the mobs spawn in so many different patterns it actually feels random.
    • The drops in the Arena are so shoddy for the effort and time it takes. I feel more productive sitting in town socializing with friends than I do farming the Arena. Honestly, I take things pretty ez in this game, but this is a level of boredom and grind that gets to me.
    • You've added a new region - Qiazah. Where is it in the arena? Gotta update that thing. :p
    • Also, the artwork of the Arena really should be redone. I'm not so skilled with my artwork vocabulary to describe it well, but there is something fudgey about the whole arena. It looks poorly slapped together compared to some of the other places where the environment is so well constructed and beautiful.
    A few random suggestions for some further improvements:
    • Ability to disable the fireworks from the essences in settings. Too much flashy distracting lights.
    • Permanent firework emotes that we can collect.
    And last thing before I sign off on this feedback. Here is a snippet of real conversation from my guild (slightly paraphrased):
    Guildie #1: What's your favourite event?
    Me: Not this one. Not the previous one. Nor the one before that.
    Guildie #2: So... none of them???

The challenge doesn't start for me until tomorrow. I will update if I feel the need to, but otherwise, this is my feedback regarding the event. Have a good night.

vegetadavid and chopi like this.
  8. Jocom

Jocom Forum Apprentice

Is the Dark Iron Dwarf from the mini one-shotting anyone else? I know my defense stats need some work, but dang. I'm finally able to solo painful again, but the Dark Iron Dwarf just knocks my socks off. Makes the mini unplayable for me.

This whole event just seems like a celebration of DSO surviving another year. The only part I like so far is the arena, but I do agree the wait times between spawns should be quicker. Whatever is tracking the number of kills for any particular group of enemies, not just the arena, but game wide, seems slow. Like it can't keep up with how fast the players kill the enemies.

The problem for me is that I've only gotten three arena tokens out of the 20 or 30 eggs, the majority of the rest of the egg drops have been fireworks, with buffs and CoTs sprinkled here and there. I don't really have a use for the fireworks with nothing to celebrate so farming for egg openers is pointless on the off chance I get an arena token.

It just seems that the celebration should be more focused on the players. Like even if we get somewhat ok stuff the rest of the year, this would be the one time of year that everything was relaxed a bit and the rewards were actually beneficial. In my opinion, the Winter Solstice event is better than this and that's just Winter Solstice. This is an Anniversary, this should be huge [EDIT] party enjoyable by everyone.

If you were celebrating an anniversary with someone who gave your life meaning and they loved puppies, you wouldn't want to give them just a leash, would you?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    ΣMiwel and navelko like this.
  9. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

So your mini events are worse than the Arena and the prizes for completing a mini OMG so so so so so bad
    107/7000 logged out in disgust
    Whoever is coming up with your new ideas how Drakensang is now running is not even on the same page as the players
    All for One trash do a poll see how many people do it
    250 Truncheons for a Rune you don't want or won't use ??
    And your CM can't even grace the forums and answer questions :-D

vegetadavid and navelko like this.
  10. nuriko.ds01

nuriko.ds01 Forum Greenhorn

Anyone could please tell me, where should I do the mini event, since there is no dungeon around Kingshill which can be done on painful diff. ? Tried all of them and can enter only on norm.

11. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

Stonekeep Painful Excruciating or Fatal enjoy

12. nuriko.ds01

nuriko.ds01 Forum Greenhorn

Thank you. :) I though I need to do Kingshill dungeons, when the dwarves are invading Kingshill now, silly me :p

13. sairabá

sairabá Forum Greenhorn

This year's bad birthday event.To start with the insane farm behind open eggs that are drop one, you can go in deadly and all that is drop one, tiring and to worsen mini event.Look that:
    enter the dungeon map in painful or + and find the dwarves. Then the anarchy begins, on the maps they can be at any point where the eggs are found. summary thing beast, idiot more without notion of who did it. after all nothing is the buff if you do not know where to find the dwarves until you find in which position they are the time already pass your buff ends and you stay sucking finger. bad thing made for good developers finishing with the game. progress in 2 days impossible 7k. even if the place where the dwarves were was only one until you get there and that bunch of monsters around and the dwarf that made you almost impossible to do that. total disappointment.
    and this without mentioning the violent damage of the moobs in normal mode I with 60k of life I was executed by the where of attack that you do not even see where so much damage comes out. This is putting an end to the fun of the game.
    I'm brazilian. if something came out strange google translator fault. thank you

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    alchimista and vegetadavid like this.
  14. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It looks like the mini events will not be redeeming the anniversary event. The same balance issues present in the Arena are also present in the dwarf mobs that spawn in the maps. A majority of players who can comfortably solo Painful in the PWs will have a nightmare time doing this event. Also, the dwarfs only showing up at one random egg per map is garbage too. To get the achievement (1925 dwarf kills in Duria), you need 275 trips into a map, find the dwarfs, exterminate them.

Because the mobs only spawn at one random egg, the best method to complete this event is to run through the map like a bat out of hell until you find them, but that is only reasonable if running solo. A team of 3-5 will not be able to run through a map because it will get too congested. If there were dwarfs at each egg, running as a group would be a much more reasonable prospect. But, since that isn't how it is, a player who is not strong enough to take on the dwarfs solo has little to no chance to complete this event since those strong enough to help them will be running solo for their own progress.

The only positive thing I can say about this event is that the drops are better in the higher difficulties. At just under three hours of farming in fatal, I am more than half way done (the 250 CoT reward).

In summery, this anniversary event is currently a waste of time for the strong and an impossibility for the weak. Basically, it isn't good for anyone. As I said before, an event celebrating a game's launch should be a flagship event that everyone eagerly anticipates all year long, but this event is nothing but a grindy disappointment.

alchimista and vegetadavid like this.
  15. MademoiselleCaramel

MademoiselleCaramel Junior Expert

DSO became like those stupid sites where you need to click click click and constantly re-enter page to continue with story.

Farm materi, re-enter and re-enter until you find materi portals.
    Stormball event, re-enter and re-enter and re-enter.
    Opening eggs, re-enter and re-enter and re-enter and re-enter.
    This mini, re-enter, kill; re-enter, kill; re-enter, kill; re-enter, kill; re-enter, kill; re-enter, kill....

Pathetic.

I do not understand this kind of events. What is the point? How do they profit from this?

Ritter and vegetadavid like this.
  16. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

They should bring back the pinata bug to save this event LOL xD...The mini event is a joke and so are the rewards that are being given.200 runs to get some creatress tears and some essence. I think its our fault for these lame rewards because we kept complaining about the hp pots when they were offered as rewards for events and BP decided to replace those useless HP pots with another useless item lol.

Overall this event is a total fail imo and BP proved that they dont want to offer us something decent even for DSO's anniversary.Thank god we have this feedback thread that serves for nothing apparently.

17. MaxDisappointed

MaxDisappointed Forum Master

I do not understand why they put runes from another event (useless group event-useless group runes) as a reward for the most valued pinata of the anniversary, it seems like a joke.
    If you dont want to do the group event then you will have the useless runes on the aniversary event... serious?

18. Shiro

Shiro Padavan

19. callme0216

callme0216 Padavan

Congratulation BigPoint you have only one chance to do something in the future with your crap event, otherwise i will leave.
    6 hours of grinding.

Prizes from Golden pinata:

• 250 gold.
    • Polished Gembag.
    • 8x Phestos' Pinata Truncheon
    • 2x Arena chip
    • 1k Blue ess.
    • 3x Insta heal talisman. (250 ander reviev save)

[​IMG]

ghostmagicus and navelko like this.
  20. chiuseer

chiuseer Advanced

Please don't leave. Because other players need u tell us: Is this event worth playing?
    For me, maybe 8~10 hours . Directly give it up.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.