Announcement Ask the CMs in English

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Jul 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Me too, and there is no way they could have used this bug, let alone abused it, without knowing that it was an obvious bug.

2. crazyelli

crazyelli Junior Expert

It is such a shame that this game has gone so bad over the last 6 months..but it seems BP does not care about keeping those who have played for over 2 years,, they seem to only care to get new players.. and not be loyal to the older ones.So sorry we lost Big Pappa and others...but from what i have heard they found another game to play together,, Good Luck to all who continue to play here...

3. wangwang

wangwang Active Author

Really?Senting back everyone that has occasional lag to city?
    EVEN IN FULL MOON?Way to go

Darwarren likes this.
  4. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

u play test server and u brag about it constantly,but we get all these bugs all the time on live server,why do all play test server in the first place? u need to tell the ppl who r making this game. they need ur feedback to fix this game,we dont care ur progress in ts,we need u to tell them what works and what dont work.now wonder this game is falling apart,a test server for ppl who dont test but play and brag.o_O

5. _Baragain_

People like Trakilaki and I do....
    ...they just ignore us. I've reported dozens of game breaking bugs over the years and more than half of the time, they make it to the live server. The only reason it isn't more is because most of these bugs are so obvious that even BP's half competent team can find them, but they are particularly good at finding and fixing ones that cost them money (but not always). Here is one example where either they listened to our feedback, or they found it because it was an obvious bug. Did you know that on the test server R160_1, when you completed the initial quests for DtU, the teleport map item dropped on the ground instead of being directly deposited into your inventory? No? Well that is because we reported that one and it got fixed. Then there are the other kind a bugs, the ones we keep quiet about because we are on the players side, but they find anyway and fix it anyway. There was a bug with DtU's Destructor on hard. You get in with him, defeat him, and then waited 60 seconds and he would come back. The advantage was that you had no generators shooting at you, none of the enhanced abilities that come from the destruction of those generators, and you only had to 'kill' him once. You got 50 progress and 2 keys ever 80-90 seconds and you didn't have to keep spending realm frags to do it. Or there was the fact that the relog bug was still working in the DtU maps? They found and fixed that too, and screwed players over so that an even slightly buggy connection gets them sent back to town.

The truth is that we aren't perfect and sometimes we find out about these bugs after they hit the live server. The gold present was one such bug. And it was game breaking enough that even with our player centric code of ethics, we would have still reported it because, as we understand it, it involves using external software. If you can't pull off a bug without using something outside of DSO's client or web platform, then there is no reasonable way to assume that BP would/should find it.

And to the mods/CMs, this post is just saying that I don't always report bugs that benefit the players that are found on the Test Server... not an admission of any sort of guilt if you were thinking that I use them on live server. I just have no respect for a company that will so blatantly ignore the player's desires in favor of constantly screwing us over with features and changes we don't want, and fixing bugs that benefit players in as little as a couple of days with a hotfix while leaving significant bugs that piss us off for months at a time.

On that topic, have you ever considered bug bounties? I described plan for that before, but it was ignored too... no shock there. It would hold BP responsible for their creation and make them pay the players andermant for the developer's incompetency.

VMmage, Armando, -Skygazer- and 4 others like this.
  6. Ella

Ella Someday Author

Its nice to hear and I am sure its like this,and tnx for that :)
    Anyhow I am sure they are some bugs abusing all time in the game,what can not come nowhere else then from some "insider". When I remember that bug with 100 lock picks it was not possible to player found it alone,because it was so complicated to make it. Ofc players hear about it always after...but some privileged players and guilds are living on this bugs unitil others are spending here thousands EUR for nothing.Bug what all players are using and still they need to work for something like relog or like that with mount jumping is not for me a bug abusing...Bug abusing for me is the bug which alowing only a few players to get privilege.
    2nd thing: is bot and some program users..ppl put a bot,make mess in arena,BP ban this player they put again bot,again have a strong player,again ban,again put a bot or some programs...and living super in the game without to spend 1 EUR.Is there a possibility to idk to block IP address or something instead of acc if they take perma ban a few times?
    3th thing: they are some "psyho" players in the game which are insulting all server.Is there a possibility to for exp. 1-5 time ban for 3 day 5-10x reported for insulting 10days,10-20x to get ban 1 month and after 20x(30,40,50x) insulting perma ban?
    4th is there a possibility to put option afk,invisible,not available for chat,etc options?

Its just really sad every day to look good friends,old players and payers deleting chars,log in on 10 min only or dont log in anymore at all...
    Mostly this is because all things (to long pvp waiting times,only luck system to make a char,etc,etc,etc).
    At the end I am also wandering...ok...soon I will have all sets,my gems are already good,have all costumes,all things in the game,and after? for what? what to do? apply for pvp and waiting 1h...No more fun in the game :(

Bubble likes this.
  7. _Baragain_

You'd be surprised. There are two ways that people end up finding these difficult and convoluted bugs... accidentally and reverse engineering. Accidental discovery is due to BP's poor coding. Reverse engineering takes time and serious programming knowledge and is explicitly forbidden in the terms and condition. Because of the difficulty of getting the coins, I'm reasonably certain that the 1500 coin bug was either reverse engineered, or assumed to exist do to a similar bug having existed in the past and the assumption panned out. Either way, BigPoint needs to send some of their programmers back to school... this game's code is more buggy and full of badly built code than Windows Vista.
    IP addresses are fluid things. Internet service providers have blocks of IPs and the temporarily lease these out to subscribers. IP addresses change regularly; sometimes as often as a every couple of days, sometimes as infrequently as every couple of months. Further more, even if this weren't the case, there are free and subscription services that you can use to change/mask your IP address.

Ella and sebastian_fl like this.
  8. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Another example of assumed bug is killing bosses in 1 second. Assuming there was a ranged bug, which mages abused, means the boss didn't see the other players on the map so his hp wasn't scaled. It also means boss didn't know anything about the player, including his level. So having lvl 10 char summoning the boss resulted in the boss being lvl10, and lvl 50 players arriving after that were able to kill him in 1 second with a ranged skill. Together with relog, this is 3 defects combined that allowed ppl to hardly abuse the system. And they keep telling us they are working an quality

-Skygazer- and Darwarren like this.
  9. _Baragain_

That is an impressive bug... never even heard about that one.

10. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Yes it is impressive. Impressive is also a fact, that there are so many bugs in the game already, some being patched (in most cases instead of being fixed) that they overlap and create those opportunities for abuse. Especially if we also take into account dumb decisions by BP to remove the map reset from the game.

So we have a reason for people to look for abuse, and we have an opportunity due to low quality of the code. The result is obvious.

Not even saying the ranged bug existed for years and was on YouTube multiple times (sargon bug) and lots of ppl used it for ages. It worked everywhere. It even worked in circus (one with sargon and mage). And I suppose the team bug was there as well, but noone tried because there was no need to seek the bug opportunities.

And they still keep patching things instead of fixing. Their antirelog decision is so dumb, that it now affects fair players. With so many options on the table they decided to go with the going to city no matter what.

The only thing they got right, I suppose, is they understood they don't even know about all the bugs, so they decided to make this hard move. They didn't even know about how to reset the map playing solo. It means they have no clue how the instances work, they are not the original devs who created all of that.

Some outstaffed juniors with questionable education. And assuming Greg is one of the brightest minds over there, I feel sad about the rest and the product they are going to create.

The poor design of the game DB is also impressive... so is the fact that it is on the client unencrypted. So is the fact they are recreating it as the game starts, thinking that would prevent from changing it... poor poor dev. So is the Combat Value, and they still keep thinking it can be done.

The level of the development team is what impresses me the most. I know the people market in IT is tough, but this is way below the minimum level of quality.

11. napoleon106

napoleon106 Forum Greenhorn

Dear, Haruki......There was a bug with the big present from the winter event, many ppl made huge amount of anders and special gems from it. Now there is a bug for makeing drakens from the chests after the killing of the boss, if you are in the group. Tell me please, is there anything valuable left in this game, that was not corrupted? What measures your team will take, and when? After the special gems and anders now the drakens also become worthless. Very....very disappointing. Speachless.....

Ella likes this.
  12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Are you on drugs lately?

1. I brag?
    I am playing on TS so you can have information before the event comes to live servers ... I am making event guides in case you didn't notice. The wiki guides are coming before the event happen on live servers ... and If I don't share my experience with the players ... which you call it "bragging" ... then there will be no guides. In that case read the official BP guides ... which are always faulty.
    You think BP give me a info ... no man I get the info by playing on TS.

2. I need to tell the devs? You don't? What ... I should sacrifice my spare time for you but you don't have to do the same?
    Are you willing yo pay? Because I am doing all this for FREE ... I am spending my own money to replace any malfunctioning hardware which died during the testing, making guides and obtaining information for all the players who are reading the DSO Wiki.
    What? I should spend my time and my money so you can all have the info? The only loser in this situation is ME. Players get what they want ... and since the players are getting what they want that means BP is getting the profits form the players ... while nobody gives a F***K about the people who are part of the contributing DSO community.

3. You think we don't tell them? We all do report any bug we find ... but guess what ... they are only interested in fixing only the things that makes their profit down. That is the truth. The plain example is the latest DtU chest gold bug ... which you all don't know about since it was reported and fixed before the event came to live servers.
    _Baragain_ messaged me on TS and said "there is a bug with the gold coming out from the chests ... but I can't test the details ATM because I have to go now". It was the very first day since the event started ... and i was making the screenshots for the shop and the quests. Then I start playing ... I figured it out how it is working (it was giving huge amount of gold ... something like 100K instead of 10 gold) ... I was testing every possible detail and made screenshots. Then i messaged the Moose and explained him in details ... meaning "the bug reported on time".
    They fixed the bug the very next day.
    BUT ... they don't fix the bugs that are not affecting their profit for months and years ... even if reported many times.

What else should I do for FREE?
    I am just a player like you are ... and I should do things but you don't?

VukChe, VMmage, DocWhisky and 4 others like this.
  13. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

You rode in on the wrong horse.
    You would make better posts with better information.

14. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

to address PvP issues on levels below 50 why does everyone not get XP no matter what they do

15. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

If I am understanding how it is currently set up...You get more XP for killing tough bosses. So if I wanted XP, I could ask a high level toon to come and kill off what is high level to me and low level for them. No work on my part and I still level up. It would move the problem from the PvP side to the PvE side. And worse, I wouldn't be any better off as I didn't learn what it takes to fight these monsters.

Now if you mean that all players should get XP in PvP, that might be more interesting. Much like honor points but a little XP thrown in, even if you lose.

I'm guessing that this might not be doable based on the coding issues the devs have now, but it would be worth pursuing.

Faye likes this.
  16. prakash1

prakash1 Forum Apprentice

:)Hi Haruki, will there be any item from gnob like the orb of darkness to upgrade the older dragonache set to level 50 in the future? cuz that would help save a lot of drakens :)

Faye likes this.
  17. _Baragain_

And waste a bunch of glyphs. I'd lose aboit 6M doing this as there is still no method of removing glyphs from items. Also, the part that people keep forgetting is that this is not a new set, just an updated one that was made scaling. This is very different from the Dark set and the Darkness set which are incompatible because it was not just made scaling, but also given all new stats.

18. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

WANTED
    DEAD OR ALIVE
    The RAPTOR

Missing Achievement Scoundrel

REWARD!!! 10 Way to Go!

19. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

Have been trying time and time again..... Apart from that youtube post I have not seen anything or heard any hints, not even sure if the video was legit, since no one else I know got that achievement ... *sigh*

20. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

As much as I am not a fan of Traki's attitude and the way he expresses himself on forums, the guy does a lot for the community in regards to reporting bugs, giving feedback and of course Drakensang Wiki, which requires an enormous effort and a lot of time. Demanding from another player to do something you are most welcome to do yourself is a bit wrong. Plus, Bigpoint does ignore Baragin's and Traki's bug reportings as well as community's feedback...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.