Announcement Ask the CMs in English

Discussion in 'Headquarters Archive' started by CM Greg, Jul 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

It is not random, there's 3 different instances and you'll know where to find the other champions after you found the first one, which is quite easy to locate, you can memorize it without any problem after running the map a handful of times. And just to be clear, I'm not against the quest guidance for it, but it's quite easy to work around it.

If you can't stand the heat, get away from the kitchen, just saying.

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Especially when it is clear that players know and understand the game better than BigPoint does... Wasn't it BigPoint that thought that it was a good idea to give the cheaters a free pass and they didn't get off their asses and do what they should have from the beginning until the "social media mobilization?"

MikeyMetro, Troneck86 and EhtovK like this.
  3. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

And here's 2 geniuses who just had to say something. Nowhere do I see that YOU or anyone else is a CM. The forums have become condescending and rude thanks to people like you. For me, you bore me to death with tales of your DK, blah blah blah.....supposedly you have each character class so it gives you apparently the right to infest every class thread with your DK info...really getting old. Guess what the only requirement for building a strong DK is? Cash. Just cash. And your DK bored me to death a couple of years ago. Just like every "payer" in the game talking about their toons. Yawn.
    I directed a question to THE ONLY CM and not you or anyone else looking to make forum points by responding to everything because apparently a forum "title" makes you special. Here's a cookie, you're neato.
    Why exactly they don't purge 99% of the posts in this thread is a wonder because most are argumentative and condescending. I asked the CM a question and you need to just for once stop being such an arrogant know it all and let Harucki answer my question if she will. I don't care about DK anymore, mine is happily retired . AND my question had nothing to do about DK at all but here YOU are again, chasing points for titles. You're like Gollum and the One Ring "....forum points....precious forum points...precioussssssssss.....!!!"

Szmaciak and Llogos like this.
  4. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Oh really?:

Let me enlighten you, want a CM answer?, here, have one:

So, here I go again:

:D

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  5. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Seriously...

What EhtovK said... There is nothing in this thread that says someone can't reply to your post. So get over it.

If you don't like what someone said, just suck it up, be quiet, and wait for the CM response. We'd all appreciate it...No Really!...We would!

LooneyTed, Armando and -SirMadMan- like this.
  6. _Baragain_

And "THE ONLY CM" has answered maybe a couple hundred of the couple thousand questions in this thread. And what makes you think that a "Community Manager" is going to have the insight of a player? I'd be surprised if she plays the game more than 2-4 hours a week, and you think you will get a good answer on a player-centric question? At best, she'll go ask one of the designers what was in their head when they made it the way it is, but even that guy is probably not going to have an answer. The alternative is that she just skips over that question and then you ask the same question in three weeks with the same huffy attitude when a player could have just as easily answered it, and possibly even done a better job of answering. EhtovK is right on the money. You seem a little to sensitive you be allowed on an internet forum where some people will disagree with you. So, here is is one more time for good measure. "it means that some people are not going to share your views. If you are uncool with the fact that someone offers a comprehensive answer to your version of reality with another version of his/her reality maybe this is not the place for you."

Your last extended vacation away from the forums was almost nine months long. If you can't take it here when other people try to get you to see other points of view ( :eek: ), maybe you could try to beat your standing record.

P.S. You seem to think that everything I say is all about giving DKs another advantage, but I see that your sarcasm detector is broken. I wasn't trying to say that DKs need something to summon so that we can distract turrets too, but I was simply pointing out the absurdity of your argument. I have played all 4 classes, and while I prefer my DK, the SM is a close second. And from my SM perspective, I'd rather that the turret be rendered "ineffective" while damaging something that could be chasing/shooting me as opposed to have it more equitable where a turret could distract a wolf or guardian (which would also likely make the turret ineffective) and subsequently destroyed (which would make the turret really ineffective).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    Armando and Dragonnns like this.
  7. -SirMadMan-

-SirMadMan- Someday Author

I agree with Multitoonz. When I drop a couple of turrets, I don't expect them to just sit there taking pot-shots at other players/critters. I expect them to hunt down the target, knock them to the ground and repeatedly kick them in the guts until their prone corpse stops twitching. Kind of like a cross between a fire hydrant and Russell Crowe after he's spotted a journalist. And they should shoot out killer laser beams in all directions while doing this. A bit like '70s disco ball meets Star Trek phaser gun. And they should make coffee too. Real coffee - not that instant guff. And maybe fetch me newspaper and slippers too. I mean: that's not too much to ask, is it?

8. Llogos

Llogos Junior Expert

New release coming, new PW blah blah blah... What will happen finally with those bug users? That is more important...
    And something else. You always balance the RA with nerf, when you will balance the SW the same way? Like for example, mind control. ''If you successfully Mind Control a foe, you can use all your skills without any cooldown for 1 second.'' Sorry, but if a SW mind control another char, it is not successful as the char has immune. So, why should they use the skills without any cooldown time?

Yash786 likes this.
  9. LooneyTed

LooneyTed Someday Author

And now all I can think of are pots and kettles and black.

Regards,

LooneyTed

10. fuzball15

fuzball15 Someday Author

yes i would like to know as well update please

11. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

What he said ^^ It's a huge job which I believe is done manually. Actually I'm more confident that the things will be working better, since it is taking longer than a day ;)

Reinier, MikeyMetro, Armando and 2 others like this.
  12. User330K

User330K Junior Expert

Can't we get a list about the eradicated characters?

13. fuzball15

fuzball15 Someday Author

yes good idea i would like to know as well im a field mar and im getting blasted by low ranked playes and my honnor points have been badly affected with this bug in fairness i would like these players to be named and shamed after all their not in the game anymore RIGHT?

14. Red_Jaeger

Red_Jaeger Junior Expert

Well, that worked about as well as I expected. Which is, I got banned alongside with the exploiters, most likely just because I spent so much money on piniatas during the event (as I had posted here in the forum before the issues started arising).

But that is not really the problem. I did not really care - after all, mistakes do happen, especially when someone is advising you against the feasibility of an option and you insist on it. I was almost expecting that. So, I simply wrote to the support and kindly requested a manual check. A simple check could verify that there has hardly been a significant change between the past couple of months, let alone over a single day. I thought that after giving them proof of my real-world money transactions, they could just check and see that any changes can be easily justified by them, even if one neglected to consider the play time over the last month. And the changes were not important to begin with, just one pet that I had mentioned in a post here already and a lot of small-medium gems, which hardly affected the high level gems that I already had. No costumes, pets, mounts, Zumbe gems or royal gems that were not already there since months ago.

The answer that I received from the support was what surprised me. An automatic reply stating that the account had been locked *preemptively*, because it was somehow involved in the investigation. A preemptive ban!
    I believe that the only valid response to this comment would be "ROFLMAO".

I am not even going to begin contemplating how a preemptive ban is in line with the game’s rules of service. Furthermore, the message explicitly mentions that the support “cannot do anything at all”. After spending endless hours over the last five years and a significant amount of money in this game, this literally was a stab in the heart. I was not blind to all of the problems that the company and the game had all those years, but I just did not expect them to start *preemptively* banning users, paying customers or otherwise.

Now I heard from friends that the ban really is preemptive and will be lifted for legit users after a couple of weeks. Well, that certainly gives me plenty of time to finally go and start checking on other games. Even if the ban does eventually get lifted, it is greatly unlikely that I will be spending any more time here - let alone money. I was already reluctant on supporting the game via premium memberships since early this year and shelling money in during the last month proved to be a grave mistake. That is just preemptive action on my part, as I do not want to waste any more of my time and money on a massively problematic and clearly dying game.

It has been nice meeting with you all. :)

15. CM Haruki

CM Haruki Community Team Team Drakensang Online

Hey there community of awesomeness,

First and foremost: I hope that you have all read the latest message about the hot topic of the season, in our Official Announcement section. Without going too much over it again, I'll like to add two extra sentences here as DSO CM in order to address some of the comments/critics that I have seen during the last days, not only here but also across other threads.

Do not even bother, Haruki, it's clear that Bigpoint does not care. Well, you are wrong here because I care and the DSO team does care about this. Exploiting a system in such a way is completely unacceptable and it goes against the very pillars of fairness. We do not endorse that, we do not accept that and as such, we are taking actions against it.

Now, this is taking time - granted, it's taking some days, yes, and it will take some more. But I would like to personally reassure you that we are working on a solution for this because it's clear to us that unduly uses of the game need to be dealt with. Since it's a delicate topic and affects the DSO community and the balance of the game as a whole, we do not wanna rush and we want to do things right. So please bear with us until we can offer you more information about Step 2 in the Official Announcement section on the forums. As we have said, we are taking further actions against the exploiters and we are committed to this 100%.

Also, I'd like to confirm here that we will not release a list of users nor a list of names. Nope, that's not happening. Sorry. They are going about with their sanctions but we won't give their identities out. And I hope you can respect that.

Hey there Antares,

Don't be sorry about your language, it did not wake up my Shitstormeter - so we are cool. Yes, it can happen (and it does happen) that things come in a shape to the Test Server and go tweaked to the Live instances. This is completely intended. The TS serves, as it names indicates, as testing ground and we have never claimed the things there to be the final version of the features on the live instances. Like you say, it's a prototype and it goes through different phases before hitting the final design and delivery format.

This means that the team may decide to change, say, stats, prices or any other minor/major features, they will and they'll use the TS on that capacity and with that purpose. I hope this answers your question. ;)

Hey there mister,

It was certainly a very interesting week not only for me but for all the DSO admins (thanks, by the way, if you are reading this). What I meant for "clairvoyant" is that an issue may look apparent from the outside. When you get actually into the policies and intricacies of it, you may understand why is taking so much time to deliver any form of result. In this case, we wanted to be 100% and double-checked our lists through different methods to come up with the final one. Messing up with data and getting the wrong one is not good.

I did not mean disrespect, in any case.

May the Kindness be with you as well! ^^

Hey there, not at the moment but we'll pass the suggestion out (in any case, it won't have priority). It was decided to do it per page since all feedback across communities pinpointed to players sorting elements by page rather than globally and therefore we opted for that one. Hopefully you still find the feature nifty though!

Hey there mister,

Nice to see you back. so if you have not heard anything about this is, well, because there has not been any update concerning it (oh, hi, Miss Obvious...). This remains an unfortunate aspect of our enchantment system and I've already send up some update requests to our designers. I really hope I can be the harbinger of better news next time.

Hey there mister (not sure if you would read this though),

The turrets will always attack the closest the closest targets to themselves; it's intended and I reckon it won't be changed in the near future. The turret is supposed to focus on the nearest target... so if you want the turret to fire at a specific player, put that turret as close to the enemy as possible.

You are being unfair to me in this point with those stats and that makes me very sad. I am pretty sure I gave answered more...

@EvelynJ and the others, I will jump tomorrow and keep on answering the last batch of questions!
    Thanks for everyone's patience and see you tomorrow!

Regards,
    Haruki

Yogo likes this.
  16. Falk101

Falk101 Junior Expert

Hello,

What will happen with players who tryed the pinata bug sometimes by curiosity but have kept nothing because they're not cheaters / thieves ?

My account was temporarily suspended and i can't play anymore. I'm normal player, i play several hours by day since about 6 months and I bought or farmed all i have.
    I do not think i deserve to be banned only because i was too curious. I invite you to search on my account verify that i have not taken anything from this bug.

The problem is now i can't play, i will certainly miss the new Full moon event i wait since long time ago and my deluxe is beginning to use while I do not play.

And what about my friends who will maybe think i'm a cheater now ? I have deliberately chosen to take nothing that I could do very well and in gratitude I have a ban !

So please verify my account to look by yourself i'm not a cheater and unlock it.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

Regards
    Falk101 (Heredur)
    ID : 110029894

17. _Baragain_

You misunderstand me. That is not a comment against you, but rather him. He is asking a simple enough question but specificly stating that a players response is not good enough for him. My comment is highlighting how few questions you have the time to answer and insisting that a player can't answer him and that his question, above the thousands of other questions, is somehow so important that it needs your response and no other, is quite arrogant. It is not a question that is based on some secret knowledge that only you know, but he is acting like it is.

Armando likes this.
  18. _Baragain_

Then would you like to explain why BP's position was "Do nothing" until there was a huge uprising on the Forums and Facebook? It seems a lot like "BigPoint doesn't care, until they realize that they stand to lose even more than they already have."

Hiro73, Troneck86 and EhtovK like this.
  19. LooneyTed

LooneyTed Someday Author

As long as you speak up in addition to complaining.:rolleyes:

Regards,

LooneyTed

Be kind.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  20. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

Hello Haruki,
    good to read you here again.

While I understand you won't publish a list of banned players (and I'm also not interested in it), I am firmly convinced that it would help to re-establish some trust in BP if you could disclose your method of detection for this bug (e.g. inventory comparison / number of re-logs etc), which detection thresholds you possibly applied in case you cannot track down every single pinata opened, and at least some statistics on HOW MANY players have been sanctioned.
    While some people seem to have been banned though they didn't expect it, others who tested the bug with an account created specifically for this use seem to have "slipped through". Especially since it was first said that you were NOT able to detect the bug users, it would be good if you could explain us HOW you approached the task now.
    Transparence in communication (something BP doesn't have a great reputation for, so far) is crucial here!

Yours sincerely,
    Armando

_Baragain_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.